It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say goodbye middle class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
America’s Middle Class Crisis: The Sobering Facts

We all know that the middle class is being destroyed but here's some not so good info:

-- There are 8.5 million people receiving unemployment insurance and over 40 million receiving food stamps.

-- At the current pace of job creation, the economy won't return to full employment until 2018.

-- Middle-income jobs are disappearing from the economy. The share of middle-income jobs in the United States has fallen from 52% in 1980 to 42% in 2010.

-- Middle-income jobs have been replaced by low-income jobs, which now make up 41% of total employment.

-- 17 million Americans with college degrees are doing jobs that require less than the skill levels associated with a bachelor's degree.

-- Over the past year, nominal wages grew only 1.7% while all consumer prices, including food and energy, increased by 2.7%.

-- Wages and salaries have fallen from 60% of personal income in 1980 to 51% in 2010. Government transfers have risen from 11.7% of personal income in 1980 to 18.4% in 2010, a post-war high.

Also I'd like to point out, rising gas prices & the falling dollar.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Goodbye middle class.

It was nice knowin' ya.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Goodbye Baby! We were a good couple for years. Now we're divorced because of our differences. I'm gonna miss you and times are gonna be hard without you. But when u get yourself back together.. your welcome to come back to me. I will always have you in my heart and..I'll always love you... So get better.,and be in my life as soon as you can because baby... I already miss you.

Is that a good enough goodbye to the Middle class. I know these stats are for the US but i know where ya'll coming from. In Canada,I'm seeing similar things. but not as bad. We keep getting stronger and stronger. Also our dollar is doing pretty good. But god bless North America and help us out so we can all become stable. Until then,i will just keep eating my diet of Bacon, and drinking my Jack Daniels till it happens!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

ummm... I authored this thread 4 days ago, almost verbatim
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plagiarize much?

ETA OP was not even a member of this site when I posted...lol

may want to familiarize yourself with the search function to avoid duplicate threads
edit on 8-5-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Sorry my bad

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i'm glad to see the eternally expanding credit model get shipwrecked...

too many people that had credit expansion worker positions at inflated wages and benefits

now what needs pared back to essential levels of manpower are the cushy government workers with the outrageous labor union packages...

then come around to realize that the basic services for stuff like phones, TV packages, auto insurance and basic utilities...
all these things are priced way, way above the positive return-on-investment... the profits are way way up because the services are priced twice or even thrice what should be the rate for service.
Lets hear it for price realignment... lets have a deflationary spiral to the fairly priced normal...

all these corps are still pricing services at the credit expansion rates, when just about every high school grad could get some sort of job if they desired one, and made money to spend money on the 'Lifes Good' stuff...

hey those days are gone...long gone.... the business model is for skeleton crews to service the automated processes that give uninterrupted services and automated billing.
Also, lets really slash the credit expansion generated bonuses based on the continual growth and increases in clients/subscribers and the steady upgrading in plans usage the subscribers demanded every so often.

the economy is no longer in the continual expansion phase... its more like the Steady State Model of the Universe...

money velocity is gone... the multiplier effect is on idle... the model is now in the subsistance mode
and will just hang by a thread for at least the next decade...

top topics

join