Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

HAARP and Severe Weather: The Physics of HAARP, Scalar Weaponry, and Hurricane Katrina

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Oh, I read it. I also know that the The United States Geological Survey (USGS) is a scientific agency of the United States government.

Case closed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andelise
ATS strikes me as having a few misogynists on board.

You're female? Actually I dont pay attention to usernames because they mean nothing. But your response is somewhat reminiscent of one a few days ago in another forum where, in the middle of a discussion on astronomy, a user (out of the blue) accuses me of being a "Jew hater".

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andelise
Oh, I read it. I also know that the The United States Geological Survey (USGS) is a scientific agency of the United States government.

Oh well in that case if we discount the opinion of everyone who might actually know something about the topic (including, might I add, the very people who you use to promote your own argument about earhquake increase), then yes, there's no point continuing the discussion.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Did you ever find out why your post or threads were deleted?
I might be because this has been addressed many times on here for years.
Did you do a search and read some of the other threads?

In my opinion,the HAARP array does not have enough power to cause such things as
turning a hurricane.The strongest amount any such power could not compare to just
a single tornado.

www.wunderground.com...

Tornado energy Most energy of a tornado is energy of motion: kinetic energy. From physics you may remember that the kinetic energy (KE) is KE = 1/2 m v2 where m = mass (of air in tornado) v = velocity (wind velocity in tornado). Let's assume that wind velocity is typical of an F3 tornado, around 300 km/hr. So v = 300 km hr-1 = 80 m s-1 To get the mass, recall that m = r V, where r = density and V = volume. The appropriate density is that of air: r = 1 kg m-3. To estimate the volume, make a simplifying assumption: approximate the tornado shape by a vertical cylinder with height h and radius r. The volume of the cylinder is V = p r2 h Assume the cylinder is 1 km in height and 1 km in radius. Substituting volume and density into the equation for mass, then substituting for mass in the expression for kinetic energy, KE = 1/2 p r2 h v2 = 1/2 p (103 m)2 (103 m) (80 m s-1)2 = 3 x 1012 J = 3 x 1019 ergs This energy is quite small in comparison with the energy of other phenomena we have studied (e.g. earthquakes and volcanic eruptions). Nevertheless, tornadoes are destructive because this energy is concentrated into a very small region, compared with the large regions that earthquakes and volcanoes affect.

Now,here is a link that talks about the effects of the ionosphere caused by the sun,which has been said that HAARP does

www.astrosurf.com...

edit on 8-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
How do they get HAARP to cause an earthquake on the other side of the world ? I'm always looking for an answer to this question but I can't seem to get one. How does it get directed above a target area ? How can it do that without the host nation not suffering mass radio interference ?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thank you, kdog. I will examine these links you kindly offer.

What's your thoughts on that guy Dutchsinse, who in April predicted with 100% accuracy severe weather and unanticipated weather shifts (as precisely as actually naming the town of Red Cloud) by looking at what he says are HAARP rings?

I know that that is another sore topic here, but it does directly relate to the topic of my thread: HAARP and severe weather.

And I am aware of what the general feeling is here at ATS on Dutchsinse. But the fact is, he was blazingly accurate in his predictions in April 2011.

Your thoughts?
edit on 8-5-2011 by Andelise because: content insert

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

Hi 13Star.

I wonder these same things. Technically speaking, from what I understand, the HAARP technology allows for pointed direction of the waves in question. The range can be several miles deep. There is rumored (forgive me, but it has been said "out there" so I bring it up) that there are now clandestine underground facilities, and these also can produce waves that go miles into the earth.

It is thought also that the sudden and inexplicable mass die-offs of birds and fish may relate also to the ELF-waves being produced.

This is where it goes into Conspiracy Theory land (well, all of it does, I guess, but hey - This is ATS!); however, there are reports that I can source that I read in the past, if you are interested. May take a day or two, but I am happy to answer your question more veraciously if you would like this information and would find it helpful.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh, and for anyone that is interested, you can get more of the "Science" behind HAARP/Alaska by watching this video, posted free here (narrated by Martin Sheen).

Partial Description sourced from link (with video embedded), included below: "Using HAARP, the military can focus a billion-watt pulsed radio beam into our upper atmosphere, ostensibly for ionospheric research. This procedure will form extremely low frequency waves and send them back to the Earth, enhancing communications with submarines and allowing us to “see” into the Earth, detecting anything from oil reserves to underground missile silos.

However, several researchers claim HAARP poses many dangers, including blowing thirty-mile holes in the Earth’s upper atmosphere. They also warn of possible disruption of the subtle magnetic energies of our Earth and ourselves. Holes in Heaven? is a prime example of grassroots filmmaking by producer Paula Randol-Smith and Emmy-winning director Wendy Robbins. Narrated by Martin Sheen, the documentary, investigates HAARP, its history and implications, and examines the dangers and benefits of high and low frequencies and of electromagnetic technology."

Link to "Holes In Heaven: Advances in Tesla Technology"

topdocumentaryfilms.com...
edit on 8-5-2011 by Andelise because: added content

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Andelise

Dutch,well I have my opinions,but you decide for yourself.

Prior to about 1990, the vast majority of radar data in North America came from simple analogue radar systems that were developed in the mid 1950s and updated in the mid 1970s. Simple blasts of EM energy were sent out, and the strength and "rebound time" of the return pulses were analyzed to determine target strength and range. "Anomalous" patterns were frequent with these systems, owing usually to military chaff drops, nearby mountain ranges, and atmospheric density discontinuities which caused abnormal refraction of the radar beam. NWS Meteorologists at the time played 100 % of the role in differentiating between "anomalous" and real returns. (By the way, "anomalous" in weather radar speak simply means that the returns are not caused by precipitation or clouds. Thus, returns from mountain ranges, though completely valid and scientifically explainable, would be considered anomalous.)

With the implementation of the WSR-88D NEXRAD system in the early and mid 1990s, this changed completely. The new systems are much more powerful, much more sensitive and almost completely automatic. The new systems attempt to keep anomalous returns (called AP for Anomalous Propagation of the radar beam) to a minimum by using complex algorithms and filtering techniques. These same algorithms, however, can also block out or impair detection of meteorological targets if not applied properly, causing some very unnatural looking patterns. The radars can also measure the velocity of radar returns using the Doppler theory. Because of this, full color images of target velocity (measured inbound and outbound along each radial) are available for every elevation slice. This is what allows us to actually see and measure the "spin" within a tornado, as well as see it's shape! Cool, huh!?

So now we have a huge, new nationwide radar network with incredible capability. Things began to be seen on radar that had never been seen before. With time, they have almost all been fully explained. Swarms of bees, clouds of dust, migrating birds, airliners, highway traffic, subtle atmospheric boundaries (fronts), inversions, hail "spikes", cloud layers, virga (evaporating rainfall) and sunrise/sunset returns are just a few examples of phenomena that were initially unexplained. Those are just the things that have made it through the signal processing intact. There is an array of other AP phenomena that occur purely due to the automatic processing of the return radar signal. These can occur due to noise/feedback within the system and improper application of clutter suppression and attenuation applications/algorithms, among other things.

www.borderlands.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Andelise

Andelise,
If you can find anything that actually explains how that's achieved I'd love to see it but don't put yourself out. If it was a big dish they were talking about I might be a little more curious about HAARP, but let's be honest, any government facility in a remote location is bound to attract all kinds of conjecture !

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
just concerning the earthquake numbers. Actual data goes a lot further than a casual statement that the perceived increase is due to monitoring stations and public awareness. This could certainly be part of it and account for more smaller quakes being reported, but anything 5+ or so has always been reported, even if by observation rather than magnitude and seismic monitoring.

Here's a few facts, by the numbers:
Source: USGS Earthquake stats archives

Earthquake averages (by year, increasing continually because last 10 years are included in the 100 year average)

Earthquake data 2000-2011 (2011 incomplete (obviously
))

Since 2004, EVERY YEAR, we have been significantly higher than average for 5.0 - 5.9s and 6.0 - 6.9s.
2011 is on schedule to DOUBLE the number of quakes in some magnitudes!

This is not just public awareness talking... it's raw scientific data

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Great stuff, kdog (love your photo, by the way). In the spirit of invigorating debate, when time, I will attempt a rebuttal using material that has supportive correlating data. Dealing with horses at present!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

Roger that, 13Star. When time this week, I will do my utmost to support my evolving position on the matter. I am glad to hear from all of you (minus Alfa1) so as to share, discuss, debate, and exchange multiple viewpoints, without strong attachment.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Booya, Thermo, excellent statistical contribution. Much appreciated.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Open letter to Alfa1: Please be so kind as to see earthquake data submitted by Thermo this evening. Earthquake incidents around the world are indeed on the rise. And that's straight from the Government, Sir. Of course, that does not concern me so much, as my thread title indicates the focus is on severe weather, as stated specifically in the body of my thread.

With that said, you were right to deride my post, dismiss my query, and call me "dumb," "stupid," and "brainless." You see, (although I am loathe to admit it), all this time I was under the deluded, misguided impression that ATS stood for "Above Top Secret;" (Oh, this is so embarrassing) I even thought this was a web-site that was focused on exploring possible Conspiracy Theories and the like. However, rest assured that your visciously condescending and demeaning rants quickly alerted me to the terrible error of my silly, feminine ways. Now I see that ATS apparently stands for "Assholes Talking Science." I stand corrected, Sir. Do carry on. (Or is that Carrion?) Best, Andelise

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13star
How do they get HAARP to cause an earthquake on the other side of the world ? I'm always looking for an answer to this question but I can't seem to get one. How does it get directed above a target area ? How can it do that without the host nation not suffering mass radio interference ?

I don't know the specifics but I know they can bounce signals off the Ionosphere, and it's way up there, so with three or four stations they can target basically anywhere on the planet. I don't know this specifically because of HAARP, but due to recon stations such as in the center of Australia which can listen to Soviet communications - this is info was from way back in the day, probably 25 years ago when my Dad was working in reconaissance.

I don't know the specific frequencies HAARP uses but can't imagine it would be precisely in the range of our radios.

edit on 8-5-2011 by Thermo Klein because: added a line

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
yup all so true. i heard that there was a treaty signed by all the countrys involved in devoloping these devices can only test them on there own soil. but now that they know how to use them i spose detection has probly been masterd by now i would think. these weapons are very scarey because as far as i know the smaller versions are being used by military and police for counter terrorism and hostage situations (not a fact just a hunch). you got a cop that has a grudge and decides to play with his toy on an unsispecting person and bam can get away with murder.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

Great point, Spun. I like how you point out the local implications, not just the global. Glad you stopped by.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Andelise - not sure if you're aware of an old Bill that discusses various unknown technologies and chemtrails. In my opinion it was just some wild things added to a bill that got thrown out (check this...), but some people use it as a claim that all those things are real.

Here's link to the Bill H.R. 2977 2001. It discusses some futuristic weapons including what could be cosidered HAARP

(2)(A) The terms `weapon' and `weapons system' mean a device capable of any of the following:

(i) Damaging or destroying an object (whether in outer space, in the atmosphere, or on earth) by--

(I) firing one or more projectiles to collide with that object;

(II) detonating one or more explosive devices in close proximity to that object;

(III) directing a source of energy (including molecular or atomic energy, subatomic particle beams, electromagnetic radiation, plasma, or extremely low frequency (ELF) or ultra low frequency (ULF) energy radiation) against that object; or

(IV) any other unacknowledged or as yet undeveloped means.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
more from the same Bill
On quick glance it looks like it went to committee then dumped, but again double check...

(ii) Inflicting death or injury on, or damaging or destroying, a person (or the biological life, bodily health, mental health, or physical and economic well-being of a person)--

(I) through the use of any of the means described in clause (i) or subparagraph (B);

(II) through the use of land-based, sea-based, or space-based systems using radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic, laser, or other energies directed at individual persons or targeted populations for the purpose of information war, mood management, or mind control of such persons or populations; or

(III) by expelling chemical or biological agents in the vicinity of a person.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join