It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... let me get this straight.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TuXXXeR
reply to post by vexati0n

So.... You're saying we evolved and theres no mystery or are you saying the planet used to be populated by advanced cultures??? Have you never seen History channels ''Ancient Aliens'' documentaries. There are two full seasons on youtube packed with archeological evidence ''suggesting'' mans history has been intertwined with another races. Seriously, don't write these off, watch them all.

what you call evidence is simply conjecture and the misinterpretation of the facts by charlatans out to make a buck.

I'm with you on this one OP. Unfortunately most people on ATS need these sort of fairytales to make there lives more interesting

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

Again, pyramids are what you're going to build when all you have is stone. You can't build vertical buildings that tall, stone won't hold together. It has to be wide at the bottom and taper as it goes up. You also won't be able to build the top up very high without sloped walls to ramp the blocks up.

Also, these claims that because there are pyramids all over the world there must be some common technological or cultural force, is a little bit silly. Besides the general shape of the structures (again - necessary because of the size and materials), these claims completely ignore the totally different building styles, artistic touches, and languages used in these areas. The only thing these pyramids have in common is that they are pyramids! Everything else is totally different!

If I was an ancient, advanced civilization, and I wanted to leave traces of myself all over the planet, I would at least have a staff meeting where we worked out trivial matters like which language to make inscriptions in, and what kind of artistic style to use.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

well I admit that I don't know cuneiform, but I do routinely read and reread the translations of the texts that I'm referring to

I did point out that Schliemann found Troy by studying ancient scripts and said we have no answers because we are asking the wrong questions or don't know what to ask, I said that personally I think looking in the manuscripts is a good place to start . So why does that constitute a thinking error?

The Ancient Alien series is fun to watch but as you pointed out is hardly what could be called reliable information .you brought up having other questions for another topic.My newly found disrespect for mainstream scientific dogma is just such a topic .Doesn't belong on this thread

All I really have are questions and lose hypothesis that Ets were here in the distant past. It won't break my heart if it is or isn't true .I just got this way from my own poking around . I haven;t read Sitchen by the way ,I read a little of one of his writings and decided he was way off base ,and was fabricating a tale he wanted to believe. I say this becuase I have been accused of following him .His work seems to be entwined in the Ancient Aliens Hypothesis,but I haven't read it .

I guess some people make themselves feel well educated and intelligent by simply saying any exploration of other ideas is fanciful nonsense from a stupid person.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

I guess some people make themselves feel well educated and intelligent by simply saying any exploration of other ideas is fanciful nonsense from a stupid person.

These are exactly the excuses used by individuals who haven't been able to think out side of the box and at the same time give credence to the feasibility of such "Hypothetical" implications. We, as a species, have pondered these questions for millenia, and yet we have no absolutes. To think that we were descendants of some primordial ooze or created by a singular deity is redundant in itself as a theoretical and applicable deduction.Harte and a few of the others here have made their stand relevant, but with nothing more than "I don't agree" or "That is not the way it happened" ideologies with no tangible evidence's to prove or disprove it other wise. And I for one am neither convinced or against these claims being fact or hypothetical, all I know for sure is no one has any definitive proof of anything and that leaves the gates wide open for any possibility, n matter how outlandish some theories may seem too be.
I am an avid reader of Sitchin, and until I had been introduced to his writing's, I had no Idea how controversial the Ancient Alien topic of discussion was. I am on book five of the seven of the "Earth Chronicles" and have had discussions with harte and some others over these writing's, so far I am staying on my own personal train of theoretical probabilities. Where as the naysayer's of these event's being applicable or even logical for discussion have their mindset of their own intuitive implication's and deduction's.
Sitchin has masterfully put together an assembly of some very serious scientists and researcher's that does seem to fit the bill of all the religion's of the known world, and we must have to admit there was a beginning to all these thing's and Sitchin capture's this possibility with his deductive but yet philosophical input of these events having a singularity point if nothing else. I don't know if we will ever know the "Absolute" truth of our origin's, whether they be Alien oriented or a humbling collection of the right ingredients at the right time, but I do know "No One" seems to have the definitive answer, one way or the other.
I will remain bridge between these Sitchin implications and religious implications, for they seem so far rather related to each other, in some way, we are only doing what we have been doing for millenniums, and that is being inquisitive and constituted in our quests for the truth.
Do so enjoy these topics, even though I am reading and digesting Sitchin's theoretical possibilities, it doesn't mean I am biting it for being the truth, just a possibility. "Nothing more, nothing less" just a possibility.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

In your posts you say that dinosaur tracks side by side are fraud but over here in Australia, there are a few spots that have dinosaur tracks next to human footprints. Your fraud statement is exactly that itself.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You got my simpathy OP.
I think also, this planet was a colony of an advanced civilization once.
This planet saw five times extintion like events and the surface is in most places sedimentary in nature.
The argument that we would have found something already has the flaw that those evidence may be deep underground. If there is something to find, we probably never know.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Allred you and I agree on a great many things,I don't have my heart set on AAH but currently I'm leaning that way . I will admit I gave up on Sitchin, but not the foundation material he refers too

there are also the ancient Vedic texts and the Tibetans and the Book of Enoch as well as teh Bible which is derivative of the Sumerian tablets. There is a whole lot of other material in history and archeology and in current events that all goes back to Sumeria always full circle

and it all and it's quite the story I decided that the only thing weird about the Alien intervention is people saying it's weird and not to think it.

We have advanced genetic manipulation technology we send probes to outer space what is so preposterous about being the product of a race a little more advanced than we are now? sounds about as believable as we evolved from lifeless matter or Jesus was the product of a virgin birth. One of these is true. but saying scientists say or religious leaders say is not going to work for me as long as it ignores and marginalizes what I can find out for myself

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What I would do would be this (assuming I was allowed to which I wouldn't)

1, I would assume that there is some truth in the ancients on various continents talking about an advanced civilization which went under the waves.

2, I would likewise assume that the various advanced ancient civilisations were either a direct continuation of this sunken civilisation or they receive "knowledge" from them.

3, I would look for a common identifying factor among ancient civilisations that suggests a common origin such as the building of pyramids or similar story of invasions by an advanced culture.

4, This is the part where politics makes further progress difficult. I would extract DNA from the priest cast of each of the identified civilisations( not the common population but royalty and priest cast only) and see if there was a common origin. From Egypt I would extract DNA from the early Pharaohs, From India I would extract DNA from the Bramin Priest cast as they were the inheritors of the Veda brought into India by the Aryans. I would extract DNA from the Mummy's of China associated with the pyramids there. Once I identified a common profile which should be present if the legends all tie up I would then plug the DNA sequence into a mapping program. The mapping would show which country has the highest match.
Taking this as my clue I would then reason that if an island sunk the bulk of its inhabitance would resettle fairly locally and therefore the sunken Island should be somewhere in that part of the world.

DNA was extracted from Tutankhamen and his father Akhenaten and leaked during the filming of a TV documentary. Putting this DNA into a mapping program resulted in Ireland and Scotland having the highest match.

If you read my thread on Atlantis off the west cost of Ireland (part 1) you will see that that is what I have attempted to do.

Egypt will never officially release the DNA of the Pharaohs and likewise China will not even state that they have pyramids never mind releasing DNA of the mummies. The reason for this is mostly racism, it would show that the advanced civilisation which sunk is in the north hemisphere (civilisation came from the west not east) and that they were Caucasians....now we cant have that can we!

As for proving Alien intervention well I think DNA would be the way to go with that too.

The thing is this, I'm sure the black government knows the truth but we are not worthy of being told the truth, that's how this game is played.
edit on 14-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
reply to post by Allred5923

Allred you and I agree on a great many things,I don't have my heart set on AAH but currently I'm leaning that way . I will admit I gave up on Sitchin, but not the foundation material he refers too

I do see the remarkable likeness, but I for one am not closing the possibly that which Sitchin brings to the table as nothing more than fodder for the fire.When one really starts viewing the entire subject with all sides of the story of things that have been uncovered thus far in our so called "New Age Sciences" it becomes very relevant to me that there was something that was either other worldly and much more advanced on our planet that would allow such magnificent situation's to have to take place. The sad thing is there are those trying to dig for the truths, but as they are doing this, they are being categorized as lunatics or unrealistic in their studies and always argue with the defense mechanism with "That is sheer craziness" kind of rebuttals. Sadly, this is their only true argument for the topic of discussion.
And "Yes" Sitchin has set a very epiphenomena of these ancient people and their cultures, but on the same hand, it is rather ironic how so many years of many investigative scientists and researcher's have came to these conclusions with such well fitting and corresponding similarities.

there are also the ancient Vedic texts and the Tibetans and the Book of Enoch as well as teh Bible which is derivative of the Sumerian tablets. There is a whole lot of other material in history and archeology and in current events that all goes back to Sumeria always full circle

One of the most prolific of the ancient writing's is the Mahabharata, it still remains a mind blower to me until this very day. There was some kind of connection to these cultures, just for the similarities in lore and texts past down through the ages. We have strange incidents all over the world with UFO sighting's until this very day, and yet the stone cave pictograph's and what we see in our medias today of such event's are almost identical both in event's of the sighting's and description's of the crafts. That there is not what one would consider coincidence, these are fact based story's and tales that are being experienced all over the world at an astonishing rate even today.
When one compares all religious and ancient text, there is a common bond, "The Epic of Gilgamesh" , is great tale of lore (as so many have derived to it's origin being fable) but the story told has been retold throughout the ancient world only to be discovered by scientists now to be picked a part and analyzed. One problem with these "Analogies" is that they think too long about the topic and become their own convener of them being impossible to have truly taken place. Even the Egyptians followed suit in these tails, and they were supposed to be the most advanced civilization of their time, it is turning out to be a false truth. They were advanced as a civilization, but the advancement wasn't from sheer man power and intellectual troubleshooting ability, and it is also funny or "Coincidental" if you will, that all the epics of the bible start right at the Egyptians civilization in it's most recordable and epic time in their existence. These are time line's that should not be ignored as just happen stance for history. To me, this is much more relevant than just chance.

and it all and it's quite the story I decided that the only thing weird about the Alien intervention is people saying it's weird and not to think it.

Absolutely, there is relevance, as we have discussed. But he thing of it all is how it so conveniently fits together with nothing more than the little effort other than fitting the pieces together for evidence of the unthinkable. If it did not happen exactly as Sitchin had displayed and explained thus far in his books, I am still inclined to his possibility of hypothetical probabilities being closer to the truth more than any other so far in the field of the history of human kind.
Don't get me wrong, "I am chewing the food" I am not swallowing it just yet!! LOL

We have advanced genetic manipulation technology we send probes to outer space what is so preposterous about being the product of a race a little more advanced than we are now? sounds about as believable as we evolved from lifeless matter or Jesus was the product of a virgin birth. One of these is true. but saying scientists say or religious leaders say is not going to work for me as long as it ignores and marginalizes what I can find out for myself

Which brings us to the absolute ignorant place of thought perceptions and reality as we know it. If there ever comes a time when the truth is found, man and his teaching's will do nothing more than find such probability and such atrocious implications nothing more than a manifestation of an insane thinker. "Err go what we accept and deny today" and it will continue. It is a viscous cycle of not knowing from the beginning's the truths that elude us now as a species that continually populates and argues over mundane and rather self centered ideologies and principles.
The Jews dislike the Pakistani's, German's hated the Jew's, The Russian's hated there own people for cripes sake. It is all for not when it comes to man and his "Supposedly" true perceptions of what is right and wrong and varies from one generation too another and one culture too another and one race too another etc., etc.
In a sense, we are in an enlightened time of our own, the only thing is that the enlightenment is being lost too utter none sense and clutter of the noisy ambient sound from the screaming mad people and naysayer's of our planet.
I respect hartes position of these matters. He has that right to say what ever he wants, but how correct he think he is remains to be evidential mystery to his argument's. But he has constitution to his own perceptions. I have to respect and admire that, just as he has respected and admired others points of views with sharing his principal argument.
Mrs.Blonde, we have came along way since the stone age, but for those of you that think they called it the stone age during the stone age, you have another thing coming. The tools used to shape some of the megalithic ancient world were and probably still are beyond our abilities even today. Even the expert's agree with these deduction's.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
What I would do would be this (assuming I was allowed to which I wouldn't)

DNA was extracted from Tutankhamen and his father Akhenaten and leaked during the filming of a TV documentary. Putting this DNA into a mapping program resulted in Ireland and Scotland having the highest match.

If you read my thread on Atlantis off the west cost of Ireland (part 1) you will see that that is what I have attempted to do.

Egypt will never officially release the DNA of the Pharaohs and likewise China will not even state that they have pyramids never mind releasing DNA of the mummies. The reason for this is mostly racism, it would show that the advanced civilisation which sunk is in the north hemisphere (civilisation came from the west not east) and that they were Caucasians....now we cant have that can we!

As for proving Alien intervention well I think DNA would be the way to go with that too

The thing is this, I'm sure the black government knows the truth but we are not worthy of being told the truth, that's how this game is played.
edit on 14-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

you are spot on here!! the legends of Scotland say an Egyptian Princess named Scota settled there and taught her sons the art ot of war!! also I have friend who is a musician specializing in traditional Celtic music I had a long conversation with her one day about the similarities between north African traditional music and that of Ireland and Scotland .the connections are undeniable

Allred i have noticed the same thing in the Mahabarata!! and frustratingly it so long and vast I'm afraid I will never get to the bottom of it! Ilike you do respect Haet and I'm glad to discuss things with him he and others like him keep us grounded . all I know for sure is ALL the facts fit into the big puzzle we are trying to solve .we can't just ignore the ones we don't like and say we just delete or deny that one and pic and choose.

we have to identify what kind of material we are dealing with whether it is archeological or ancient writings or recent events that have similarities to these sources ... i also know that History is not actually broken into the time segements that we use for our convenience,time and history is all one continuous unbroken thing that is why I know nohting is ever truly lost we are connected to what we think of as the past but all of it is one big now. hard to explain but that is the case
edit on 5/15/2011 by MrsBlonde because: for continuity

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have come to the understanding that this can only be solved by DNA testing and mapping technology, people will refute all other evidence but DNA is the final word on this.

We know that in the ancient world that knowledge was held exclusively by the priest cast and royalty. We also know that such knowledge was passed down in bloodlines chosen to guard the knowledge. It therefore makes sense to carry out DNA testing of this group exclusively to establish a location via DNA mapping. If this was carried out nobody could argue with the evidence.

On the subject of music this is interesting:

The Irish music critic, Fanny Feehan, in a paper entitled "Suggested Links Between Eastern and Celtic Music" (1981) states: ...In the area of vocal ornamentation East and West come close. I once played a Claddagh recording of Maire Aine (Ni Dhonnacha) singing `Barr an tSleibhe' for an Indian Professor of Music who refused to believe, until I showed her the sleeve of the record, that it was an Irish song. She claimed, and demonstrated by singing to me, that the song bore a strange resemblence to an Indian (North) raga about a young girl being lured toward a mountain. The Professor was interested in the mode, the pitching of the voice, and certain notes which were characteristic of both the raga and `Barr na tSleibhe'...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

LUXUS you are so right and I have often thought the same thing. I know that Egypt has done DNA on Tutankhamen and his family
the Britsh royal family is said to descend from them it would be very interesting to do DNA on them and I am positive that the royals would object strenuously to this

The music you are referring to is very interesting It seems that the ancient religion and culture of parts of the Middle East and India and Europe was influenced by a nomadic pre Vedic Horse people so I would expect for these kinds of music to be found most purely among the horse peoples of those places.

I saw a TV show awhile back that peaked my interest it was some BBC archeology thing ,but they reported finding the Egyptian burial of a princess in Scotland. I have tried to follow up on it and can't find a single reference to this find.But I know I saw it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join