It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... let me get this straight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
1. Ten gadzillion years ago, there was an advanced civilization on earth.

2. This advanced civilization, either populated by aliens or by humans, or both, or by aliens who used humans as slaves, was somehow destroyed. If it was populated by aliens, apparently they just got on their space ships and left forever. If it was populated by humans, they sailed around the planet and founded stone-age replicas of their former civilization in places like Egypt and South America.

3. Upon reclaiming some modicum of our former technological prowess, we are now faced with the sudden destruction of our current civilization, because if there's anything Mother Nature abhors more than a vacuum, it's us pesky humans building skyscrapers and computers.

4. We cannot find any evidence of this ancient civilization because of the elements, or because it's hidden somewhere under the ocean or under a bunch of ice in Antarctica, or because Barack Obama doesn't want to share his intelligence about it.

Okay, so if any of that is true, what would be the best way to find out as much as possible?

A) Scientific inquiry - the formation of honest scientific communities, expeditions, and experiments in pursuit of the answers;

B) Perpetrate hoaxes on the Internet and at various carnival sideshows, which have nothing to do with finding the truth but everything to do with finding a few extra bucks;

C) Just make stuff up while we wait for the popcorn to cook. This of course is the easiest way to discover truth: it's like money. Sure you could work for it, but why do that, when we all have idea mints right there in our skulls? Problem is, counterfeit truth is worth less than counterfeit money.

By the way, it turns out a few years ago people tried option A) and, as luck would have it, all they found was that Humanity has a single history dating back about 6 or 7 thousand years, and before that a bunch of fossils that show our species to have been nomadic. Genetic research has corroborated this. Well I guess that leaves B and C, right? I am sure you will stop at nothing to answer me with plenty of material that fits into those categories!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Haha, well, I am waiting for this Patriarchal Age to end.

We've spent thousands of years in the school of Power, this will ether lead to = A) Destruction B) Utilization

I think we can all agree on that.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

We've spent thousands of years in the school of Power, this will ether lead to = A) Destruction B) Utilization

I couldn't agree more. Subordination of others leads to concentrated goals, yet supportive and pro-society intent leads to universal possibilities.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A hammer in 1 million year old rock,
a fossilized swiss type wrist watch,
that computer looking thing with gears that dates 1000s of years old,
man & dinosaur prints fossilized side by side,
a bolt in more million year old rock,
underwater pyramids off coast of Japan.....

There's a thread on ATS for all of those things, still unexplained completely, anomalies that put a crimp in what the history of man is suppose to be. It's hard to buy the Bible's 5000 year old Earth, there's too many anomalies in the "official story", like always.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
a fossilized swiss type wrist watch,
that computer looking thing with gears that dates 1000s of years old,
a bolt in more million year old rock,

There's a thread on ATS for all of those things, still unexplained completely, anomalies that put a crimp in what the history of man is suppose to be. It's hard to buy the Bible's 5000 year old Earth, there's too many anomalies in the "official story", like always.

Oh, I definitely don't buy the Bible's version of geological (or human) history. There's a rich history of this planet that goes back billions of years. We just weren't there for nearly any of it. We're a blip.

A blip, I tell you.

And given how good we are at screwing things up, I'd say we're pretty lucky to have made it as far as we have. Doing it twice? Statistical impossibility.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Don't forget, all those artifacts could be a result of time travel mistakes too.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well-written post OP, especially this :

"because if there's anything Mother Nature abhors more than a vacuum, it's us pesky humans building skyscrapers and computers"

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

So.... You're saying we evolved and theres no mystery or are you saying the planet used to be populated by advanced cultures??? Have you never seen History channels ''Ancient Aliens'' documentaries. There are two full seasons on youtube packed with archeological evidence ''suggesting'' mans history has been intertwined with another races. Seriously, don't write these off, watch them all.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The thing one has to remember, and even the religious folks, is that there are so many "Unproven" theories that any one of them could be factual. If one dares to venture to travel off the track easily taken, it is easy to see that the existence of homo-sapiens on our planet extends the known accepted ideologies of both MS of sciences and totally off the beaten path path of the creationism of a single deity such as an omnipotent creator or single point of creation.
There are way too many different conclusions, some are half baked quackery, but for the most part, many are just open box and feasibility ideologies that hold as much respect as any other belief system out there today. I fell from the Christianity belief before I was introduced to some of the known "Out of the box thinkers" such as Sitchin and Hancock, VonDaniken. But with having read all writings for both arguments, the ancient alien theory rings the truest with tangible and critical arguments. Sitchin for example uses the Biblical tales a point of lost knowledge that was "Attempted" to be passed down but had somehow became convoluted with either misinterpretation or out right intentional thwarting of the truths to better suit the propagandist for the up and coming in flux of the earliest governmental standards and control.
If we use the Mayan or the Inca civilizations as study points, it becomes redundant for fact based comparison, there has been some scientists that are changing their entire interpretation of the beginning of man into categories such as these lost civilizations. Though they can visibly give you their amazement of structures of these lost civilizations, they can only glimmer as to what the truth of these artifacts really mean. A tremendous find that better categorizes this perception is the discovery of the remains of "Puma-Punko"(SP?) We have artisans of rocks that have every tool and implement necessary to shape, form and create rock structures. But yet there is not one, and even the worlds greatest rock worker's attest to these structure's being exceedingly above and beyond our current technological abilities. Though they could be duplicated today with time, they were structures that are still not understood for reason or practicalities.
One thing that does give some sort of light to these issues is how they do get told by the earliest texts ever found to be integrated into every known religious sect today. There is a basis to all of it, unfortunately the light for which we seek is but a pinpoint in the brilliance of all other beliefs and accepted theories of ideology. If that make sense,
There is no doubt that the truth to these matters is right in front of our eyes, but as a thinking species with subject to memory loss of our ancestor's, we have only too attest as that being factual "We have forgotten and all want too know."

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
By the way, it turns out a few years ago people tried option A) and, as luck would have it, all they found was that Humanity has a single history dating back about 6 or 7 thousand years, and before that a bunch of fossils that show our species to have been nomadic. Genetic research has corroborated this. Well I guess that leaves B and C, right? I am sure you will stop at nothing to answer me with plenty of material that fits into those categories!

Actually it goes further back than that. This was built supposedly by humans just one step AWAY from being "Stone age cavemen"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/143a4dfe3be2.jpg[/atsimg]
Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?

Six miles from Urfa, an ancient city in southeastern Turkey, Klaus Schmidt has made one of the most startling archaeological discoveries of our time: massive carved stones about 11,000 years old

edit on 8-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Honestly mate, why bother?

Let me see, joined a conspiracy website a few weeks ago to post this. I'm sure there's a word for that.......
edit on 9-5-2011 by OZtracized because: Mood noted

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Hundred year old concretion around a prospecting hammer that was lost.

Originally posted by JibbyJedia fossilized swiss type wrist watch,

Not "Swiss-type." An actual Swiss watch. The watch is only a hundred years old. Obviously dropped by a tomb visitor sometime in the past.

Originally posted by JibbyJedithat computer looking thing with gears that dates 1000s of years old,

It doesn't look like a computer, and it doesn't compute anything. It displays planetary positions and zodiac signs, along with moon phases. It is similar to an analog computer in that it gives answers based on the configuration of its parts, but it doesn't compute anything.
Dates to around 2,000 years ago. Is comparable to similar mechanical devices from that time and before, though it involves more moving parts.

Fraud.

Originally posted by JibbyJedia bolt in more million year old rock,

You might be talking about the Coso Artifact here, which was determined to be a Champion sparkplug from the 1920's (IIRC the date.)

Not even remotely a pyramid. Not even remotely man-made. The Island of Yonaguni-Jima itself shows similar natural formations in places where the bedrock can be seen.

Originally posted by JibbyJediThere's a thread on ATS for all of those things, still unexplained completely,

All of these things, and a vast number more than these, have been explained completely. Now, whether you want to understand the explanation, well, that's another story isn't it.

Originally posted by SLAYER69Actually it goes further back than that. This was built supposedly by humans just one step AWAY from being "Stone age cavemen"

Slayer, this is a complete mischaracterization of what is known of stone-age cultures.

You're usually better than stooping to pretending knowledgeable people think stone age cultures were some kind of primitive "cave men."

Mischaracterizations are one thing if accidental. However, this particular one appears to have been made purposefully and in order to further the idea that ancient man must have been more advanced than is currently known. While the latter is possible, the former is a fraudulent way to attempt any argument on the subject.

You know full well humans were nomadic at the time. Other than that, what materials was the site in your pic made from?

There's a real reason they call it the "Stone Age."

Harte

Harte
edit on 5/9/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
How about the Venus Figurines found throughout Europe that are between 20,000BC and 40,000BC years old? There are over 8 statues, all females with large breasts and butts, with their hands crossed above or below their breasts. To me this is evidence of a culture living in Europe for a very long period of time. These figurines were found from France to Serbia, 1000s of miles away. I would guess that there was a great trade route throughout Europe in very ancient times. How else can you explain these similar objects found so far apart in such a huge gap of time?

en.wikipedia.org...

There are also a number of South American sites that are dated to over 13,000 BC, some at 50,000 BC.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

There are also a number of South American sites that are dated to over 13,000 BC, some at 50,000 BC.

The oldest archaeological site in the Americas (Pedra Furada) dates to between 30,000 and 48,000 YPB.

That would be 46,000 BC at the oldest.

Of course, those dates are contested and as yet have not been shown to be conclusive.

Harte

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

What are you smoking? The Mediterranean Caucasians(Ancient Rome and Ancient Greeks) were mostly "Patriarchal", but only a few hundred of them remain in remote villages. By the middle of the Century they will be extinct.

The more Nordic Caucasians where and are always Matriarchal leaning. Heck the "Patriarchy" in America only existed for a decade in the 1950's. And the concepts that testosterone, and male= authoritative and destructive has been dis-proven by scientific inquiry(there is no relation between testosterone and aggression. And studies show that male hierarchy form quick but aren't that long lasting, while female hierarchy are slow to form but last much longer and are more authoritative) and to try and assert them is no different then the Nazi's and other white supremacist's use of brain size and other factors in determining "superiority".

In fact the most destructive and totalitarian societies always had Matriarchal undertones. Heck in many of the Matriarchal societies in North America(Prior to Colonization) if you talked back to your mother/sister or any female= death sentence. In the UK and many western nations today if you verbally defend yourself against a female relative or partner yelling and screaming at you(look up how Americans saved the new Batman from being arrested in the UK because he got into a verbal argument with his mother/sister).

I would rather see humanity come to a crashing end(human extinction) then a return to a full blown Matriarchy or worse yet a full blown gynocracy. Advocating for the Matriarchy or the Gynocracy is no different(actually it is worse) then endorsing Sharia on all women. But some of you are more concerned with worshiping someone because of their gender(or wanting to be worshiped because of your gender) or settling ill perceived old scores that reason or basic right and wrong, no longer apply.

The lies people tell themselves to justify the way they think makes me want to puke.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
depends on what you call evidence

I personally think there are a ton of ancient Sumerian texts that talk in no illusionary terms about the: ancient aliens"

the lack of so called evidence to me, comes from asking the wrong questions
Schliemann found "Troy ' by trusting ancient texts,we will find our 'aliens 'when we trust the ancient texts , we don't know what we are looking for ,so how can we find it?

my best take on this is the aliens we are looking for never inhabited,the Earth. They orbited Earth in gigantic factory motherships, so the ancient texts would indicate. now if that were true,how do we find evidence for it?

that is just one of the questions I have there are more.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
depends on what you call evidence

I personally think there are a ton of ancient Sumerian texts that talk in no illusionary terms about the: ancient aliens"

the lack of so called evidence to me, comes from asking the wrong questions
Schliemann found "Troy ' by trusting ancient texts,we will find our 'aliens 'when we trust the ancient texts , we don't know what we are looking for ,so how can we find it?

my best take on this is the aliens we are looking for never inhabited,the Earth. They orbited Earth in gigantic factory motherships, so the ancient texts would indicate. now if that were true,how do we find evidence for it?

that is just one of the questions I have there are more.

This is the kind of thinking that I have a problem with. See, unless you have actually studied and achieved a for-real education in the subject you're discussing, everything after the phrase "I personally think" is always meaningless. It doesn't matter, I could "personally think" the Moon was made out of Swiss cheese, but of course I would be objectively wrong about that. Belief has no power over facts.

As for some of the other topics discussed here, I actually did watch the "Ancient Aliens" series - all of it, I think, on Youtube. I did see a few things that piqued my interest, but that's almost entirely compensated for by the way that show asks questions and then stubbornly refuses to answer them, offers nothing in the way of credible critiques of these "theories," and jumps from topic to topic like a schizophrenic math teacher with ADHD.

The few questions that remain, I will ask about in another thread since that's not really on topic here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So let me get this straight,

You put the lime in the coconut?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJediunderwater pyramids off coast of Japan.....

Pyramids all over the world.

And how did they move this, and how did they plan to move it hundreds of miles? Oxen? Slaves? Rope?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

You know whats funny.
I always see people post something similar to what you just wrote. However it's actually an example of their failure. They cut it and then just abandoned it, never finishing or accomplishing what they intended to do with it. It probably got stuck in the dirt and they were unable to get it going again, they probably said Ahh Forget it! and walked away.

To this day there it sits stuck in the dirt.

edit on 12-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join