It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans aren't the only creatures that can feel love.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That was super doooper touching.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
~"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans”~
~ James Herriot (Scottish Veterinarian and Writer. 1916-1995) ~

I found an article at ABC News

...animals definitely have primary emotions like fear. They can also feel anger. And now there is growing evidence that they have secondary emotions like love, jealousy and greed.

I wonder why there was any doubt in the first place.

Thanks for posting the pics, I've never heard the story before.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It is known that humans are not the only animals to feel love

Simple research could of solved that.....ever even heard of love doves?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Excellent thread.
In my experience the majority of people seem to be oblivous to the fact that animals have feelings, feel pain, love and so on.
I honestly cannot understand how someone could think that. Anyone with a dog could attest to the fact!

All you have to do is look at the amount of animal testing and cruelty that happens on a regular basis around the world to understand that that we really dont give a flying FlahUloK about life on this planet!
and as a species we should be facepalmed.....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thank you everybody for all of the responses!

I hadn't expected the thread to do as well as it did, but I guess during times like these we all need a light hearted breather from all of the doom and gloom. The next thread will come shortly, kind of in the same vein.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
The only thing I care about IS animals

Honestly I think we have enough people that think like this in the world..........The lack of empathy for your fellow man that you see is EXACTLY what you are putting out there. Sounds like you might need to work on those social skills a little more. We get what we put out in this life.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I think maybe you should spend a little less time trying to judge others and tell them what they must do? My social skills? I'm actually very social I do tattoo's lots n lots of 'em, I sing and play bass in 2 different bands and I perform about 3 times a month for crowds of around 75-100 people on a typical night.Yea no big deal but thats pretty social if you ask me.
You have stolen,cheated, lied, lusted, hurt someone on purpose and have dirty secrets just like every other human being. Animals on the other hand have done nothing wrong....ever. Simple reasoning really.

*Edit* Screw mankind we suck just accept it. The hippies wasted their time trying to save humanity and look how good that turned out, they grew up and turned into Washingtons biggest criminals of all time. If we havent gotten our crap together by now we deserve to perish.
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: long cat is long

edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: long cat is still too darn long

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

Well I hardly think the nightlife is the best time to be working on social skills for one. Two I am not judging at all, just bringing out the obvious.

People can make mistakes and can recover from them just like animals. We all start out innocent but it is our enviroments that can either hinder or help our perceptions of the world.

I get irritated just as you do regarding people but I feel that once you can empathize with them and their situations no matter how self destructive they are, then you can start to forgive some of your own self destructive or off balance patterns that tend to alter your mental state of awareness.

So what I was trying to say is that its just not healthy and I was trying to point this out in order that it doesn't promote others to generate any more negativity towards an already distorted perception.

You can disagree with me if you want to, but you won't be able to challenge me in the sense that YOUR WAY of thinking could promote the kind of change in people and relationships that we would all like to see.......and what we all saw in those birds!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

There you ago again casting judgement(Christian much?).Ok my lifestyle is mine and mine alone, I'm not hurting anyone so dont judge. No your not bringing out the obvious, You tried to judge me and cast me in some light to discredit me in some way. Very political move you made but just as most politicians you werent prepared for an intelligent response. You are in no position to tell me my views are distorted and my mindset is unhealthy. I will never think like you I resent people like you that hold themselves above all other life on the planet, thats all we are is another life form.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Souls are special things. Sometimes our souls are re incarnated into animals, sometimes they are not. When we lose our soul mates we cry and feel sorrow. It must have been the same way with this animal and his chosen lover.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Awe how sad. Poor guy lost his love. It really makes you wonder doesn't it.

I was watching a show on the rescue of a pelican from the oil spill last year and I kept wondering if LA 895 (his name) knew he was being helped and that the people weren't going to hurt him but help him. He looked so sad it made me cry!

Animals just because they can't speak like we do it doesn't mean they dont feel like we do when they're hurt, in pain, sad or any other emotion. I think animals feel all the same emotions we do.

These pics make me think of that video last year that was posted about a cat I believe that was hit by a car and another cat sat by its side. It was so sad, again I cried.

S&F!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

There you ago again casting judgement(Christian much?).Ok my lifestyle is mine and mine alone, I'm not hurting anyone so dont judge. No your not bringing out the obvious, You tried to judge me and cast me in some light to discredit me in some way. Very political move you made but just as most politicians you werent prepared for an intelligent response. You are in no position to tell me my views are distorted and my mindset is unhealthy. I will never think like you I resent people like you that hold themselves above all other life on the planet, thats all we are is another life form.

Actually I am not Christian and nor do I believe in organized religion, but I don't not like Christians or any other religious sect. This thread isn't about religion though its about animals which is what I thought we were talking about.

You sound very excitable like you got some kinda anger issues to work on........that is probably what is causing the disconnect you feel between yourself and other humans and the reason WHY you get along with animals so well.........animals ask no questions or challenge you in any way.

I am NOT judging you. I can relate actually because I used to be an angry myself so I can recognize it in others and I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but its not exactly rocket science when reading your responses. Humans are mostly good though but in order to experience a relationship that could draw you to another conclusion you might have to open yourself up more, but in doing that yes you do stand the chance of getting hurt again.

I used to have this friend that I would always get mad at because she was so nice to everybody and people would walk all over her.......One day I asked this friend to stop inviting all these people in, and that she was just going to get burnt again. She said to me that she knew that was a possibility, but that she didn't care because had she not been that way she would have never met me. We were very close. She died not long after that. So you see....... she taught me this way and now my life is better for it. In fact I have since found my soul mate and are very happy I learned to take those kinda risks or we would have never met. Of course you should still use some common sense, but my point is there are a lot of good people out there you just need to be open to the possibilities.

Humans are important and if you love animals as much as you claim then it is even more important that you have those same affections for humans as well since we are the ones who have the ability to change the planet towards a healthier enviroment for the animals to live in.

People NEED People. Now I am almost positive that statement will upset you because I fought against it most my life, but I am here to tell you its a fact. Life is so much easier when you don't go against the grain and you learn to balance yourself within this existence.

We are in a sense magnets and are drawn to people that are in very similar. The night life is a world all its own. You don't have you listen to me to learn that, you just have to WAKE UP and be willing to travel down the rabbit hole.

Happy Travels

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Well I'm not going to lie I am very angry. Ghetto scumbag people make me angry I am surrounded by druggies, gangs and trouble makers. Seeing this everyday just takes it out of you, you get so fed up that seeing your heroine addicted former friends all strung out and stupid its like haha better you than me. But I'm not a loner or anything I live with my lovely girlfriend and our 3 dogs, I have people in my life just not too many anymore I turned my back on this area maybe I'll make friends when I get out.

*edit* I am quite familar with traveling down the rabbit hole
silly white rabbits n such
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: I found it fit

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

No worries. Just know that what we think about we bring about so try not to be so grim or you will attract it into your life. You can change your whole life just by how your outlook on it is.......start thinking of all the things you have to be greatful for......this might be hard at first, as it was for me but keep asking yourself this question and you might learn a thing or two about yourself. I can't tell you what will help you, so I am just trying to share some things that have helped me a long the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join