It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans aren't the only creatures that can feel love.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Dude I checked out some of your other posts, I get the impression you dont like animals very much

Is my assumption correct or do you just like stirring people up?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

When have I posted about animals?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

hahahahaha.....Havn't had a laugh like that in a while.

On a serious note: This is a sensitive thread.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Check ya posts dude, Something about cooking for dogs and dead rabbits.
And that was just at the top of your posts I didnt scroll down.

I wasnt offended Im just curius why you would post that on this thread?

Dont get me wrong a love a good piss take but it seemed kinda juvenile and insensetive.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Reminds me of this:

Dog saves dog.

There's no way to know if the dog wanted to save the other dog or eat him, but I'm betting on the former. I couldn't find the full video. In the end, the dog drags the other dog all the way across 2-3 lanes of traffic to the traffic island in the middle.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very heartwarming - I am not surprised tho as
my dog and cat are like this and I have seen
other acts of love from animals in the wild.
Many of us could learn from them - their
love is unconditional. Thank you for the
warmth and comfort of viewing love from
these sweet little birds.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have neither seen those pictures or the video of the two dogs, very heart-warming. Anyone with pets probably knows their animals exhibit the same emotions as people.

I had two English springer spaniels, one was 15 and his daughter (we bred him once) was 12. I pretty much grew up with the two dogs and could tell their emotions easily, and vice versa. Have you ever noticed how they will try to stay close to you when you are sad?

I will for sure miss those two pets, I swear sometimes I think I see the younger one walking by my side again or hear the older ones paws in the other room.

I went from
to
after thinking about that.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Pictures are really great and touching!

Any one who possessed a bird once in his/her life and really took care of it know that they have a whole range of "human emotions".
I had a bird I had to salute before anyone else or it would shriek like a madman the whole day thru... It even came under the shower with me.
It's not as nice looking once wet, I can tell you.

So instead of talking about human emotions, maybe we should talk of animal emotions, since the traits are clearly shared by many species?

Like humans, animals are manipulative, joyful, sad, angry, violent, playful, fearful, courageous, know sacrifice, war...
Why not love and hate? Greed, jealousy, but also camaraderie and compassion?

WE rationalize what we see them do and lower it to its most basics of aspects, because WE are divine... it scares us to see them as equals on this planet.
Yet, they also have language, social structures, engineering skills, observing and adapting skills, a culture ( as seen by their migration... ), etc.

Of course they feel love. We just cut ourselves from it. From it all.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We need these types of posts every now and then just to combat our anger driven suspicions and help us kick back and realize how beautiful life really is.

We must find peace in our hearts in times of turmoil.

"Peace does not mean having no problems or worries, but instead to be in the midst of all these things and still remain calm in our hearts."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Animals are great and i think having one makes you live a happier life...Heres another similar video of a cat that lost its gf and tried giving CPR and really sad...definitely showing emotions

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
People that say animals can't/don't love, are very sad & probably neglected individuals. I don't think all species are sentient or capable of love in the way our ego-driven perspective perceives it; but many are. I used to have 2 cockatiels, absolutely beautiful [exotic] birds. They would cuddle on their perch most of the day, groom eachother, squint their eyes, get lovey dovey, make soft noises. They enjoyed my company as well; I could tell they could feel some sort of love. Love is the only thing life goes on for to be honest. It's a frequency of life, and of consciousness that is intertwined very delicately. I've come to realize this more and more the past few years, and have especially gained this sense of empathy for all forms of animal life. I currently only have a cat, but I care for him like he's part of the family. I feel as if we are all connected, and that karma [if it exist] involves the way you treat every living thing, and the frequency [of positivity or negativity] that you put off. These pictures are very moving. Thanks op.

S&F
edit on 9-5-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
How about a break from all of the Osama threads??

I got this as a forwarded email and I thought I'd share. Quite touching really.

A female mate was hit by a car as  she swooped low across the road, and the condition was soon  fatal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d01c8c7724f.jpg[/atsimg]

Her male mate brought her  food and attended her with love and compassion.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40563cd183fe.jpg[/atsimg]

He brought her food again, but was  shocked to find her dead.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7b852748eaf.jpg[/atsimg]

He tried to move her - a rarely  seen effort.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d39fe42b673.jpg[/atsimg]

Aware that his mate was dead and  would never come back to him again, he cried with adoring love…

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/128add5a5342.jpg[/atsimg]

...and stood beside her with  sadness and sorrow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c9e04be2c52.jpg[/atsimg]

and now basted with butter and perfectly grilled. the circle of life.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d5a9e45d95f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

yeah elephants for sure! I watched a showed where a matriarch elephant died and ALL OVER africa elephants travelled to pay their respects to the bones of the deceased...also showed Gorillas doing the same thing... Very amazing as well as beautiful!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This was tragic and yet beautiful. It reminded me of the female lion who fostered a baby gazelle (in the wild, not captive). She clearly loved and cared for that gazelle until a male lion killed and ate it. She was very visibly upset afterwards. Love is very common among all animals I think, and I feel sorry for anyone who can't see that.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
With all that's gone on lately I think we humans forget about the little things, the less insignificant ones such as the likes of this dead bird we would probably run over on the side of the road without giving it a second thought. Life is precious and everything around us represents life itself. The more we can learn to connect to it the better off we will be. It was a touching story and thanks for sharing.

Here is a story of a wolf named Lobo that touched me.

Read About Lobo

Or

Watch Video of Lobo's Story

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

well, while this is an interesting thread that is stating the obvious

but yes, that is extremely touching

edit on 9/5/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
To start off, awesome thread OP

I think that anyone who has truly cared for an animal and invested time in trying to understand them and really considered their well being can easily see that it is not a one way street. Sure you can debate on whether or not it's love or dependency, but, in my personal experience, many creatures have a noticeable response to genuine affection.

I know many people have mixed opinions on the disposition of cats and I have heard the argument that cats only look upon their owners favorably because we condition them into a state where they, indefinitely, see us as a maternal figure who provides for them. The "hand that feeds" so to speak.

I disagree, personally. I have, since the arrival of my kitty on my doorstep in his (estimated) 3rd-4th week of life, consistently treated him as an equal member of my home and have made an effort to interact with him in the true interest of his well-being. My outlook on our interactions with each other is not to treat him as a beneficiary of my care, but to seriously have an inter-species relationship that is mutually beneficial.

Might sound weird to some of you, but after 3 years, I have seen countless affirmations that he is not just a dependent of my benevolence, where I am merely a dispenser of food and clean litter, but that he actually has a deep seated "love" for me (and I him) that almost actually borders on appreciation and recognition of my behavior towards him.

Whereas, many of my friends seem to treat him as a toy or source of entertainment, I treat him as a brother and his interactions with me vs. them is like night and day. I truly believe that he loves me and I see evidence of it in so many wonderful and silly ways. You can call me crazy or delusional, but I have seen enough affirmation to say animals (at least most of them) really do have a capacity to love in a much more "human" way than we give them credit for.

p.s. (just a little supplemental info for good measure) a couple of the silly ways he interacts with me that used to surprise me, and are now normal practice, is the way he, if i haven't showered in a day or so, adamantly insists on grooming my hair when I'm lying down, or (much more telling IMO) the way he leans his forehead towards my mouth to receive a kiss and, in return (after I kiss his head) he licks the tip of my nose emphatically as he starts purring loudly. If i do not kiss his forehead when he presents the opportunity, he gets noticeably restless and continues to "ask" for one. This is an every day occurrence and I find it adorable

Maybe my kitty's just awesome, but I fully attribute his behavior to my outlook on his role as an equal creature of earth that deserves my respect and compassion and I believe he, on whatever level, truly appreciates it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BDIDDY425

that was god damn heart breaking ...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The only thing I care about IS animals

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join