It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Fukushima Fire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
S & F...

Count me in yet be forewarned as we are dealing with an issue that goes far beyond the power of the Nuclear Lobby only.

On a personal level, understanding POWER DOWN is imperative as that is one way each of us can help reduce DEMAND for Power in all forms = do your part to lower Demand and thus lessen their justification to do all manner of horrible things in order to Supply the power that is being demanded.

I know that they have done their best to create Demand and to make each of us completely dependent upon oil/energy yet there are many things that we can do to lower our demand and if you truly care I would think a quick google search for POWER DOWN so you understand the situation and what individuals can do.....is not too much to ask

Question for this thread......Is the following legit? Because if it is then I believe our situation is worse then anyone wants to admit:

vimeo.com...
"Gunderson - Fukushima Groundwater Contamination Worst in Nuclear History"

A good book authored by one of the few people on the planet that I would consider a Hero...
richardheinberg.com...
POWER DOWN by Richard Heinberg

Richard was one of the first Peak Oil Proponents to link 9/11 and the subsequent War on Terror with Oil/Energy and he did so here:

Google Video Link

Oil, Smoke and Mirrors

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

Maybe the media will get around to it after they finish dissecting the OBL distraction. As long as Charlie Sheen stays quiet and Justin Beiber doesn't get another haircut.

Or Bin Laden doesn't get killed again.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It wasn't blacked out. I saw this on the news in Tokyo. It's just that people are tired of hearing about it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The only reason they are blacking this out of the media is because once the average person becomes aware of the dangers posed by this technology, it's game over for the corporations behind it.

That's why they are trying to keep it silent.

All we gotta do is spread information. It sounds easy but it will take a lot of time and effort on our parts to do that.

I don't think that organizing protests or marches is really what we should be doing, because not enough people are motivated / informed enough to "want" to show up in the first place.

If we can get things 'viral' than they will organize their own marches. We just have to educate folks. The rest will fall into place, like dominoes.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

we can find many excuse...

i did it again we are 3 ... i hope will be more and more

so what are you going to do ? i ask you the question do you want a better world ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and you people what are you going to do...stay here talking about fukushima until we will be all poisoned in my opinion we did not cross the red line, it is not too late, it can go very quickly if we work together.

is up to you act or stop the complain about a situation you do not change.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The only reason they are blacking this out of the media is because once the average person becomes aware of the dangers posed by this technology, it's game over for the corporations behind it.

That's why they are trying to keep it silent.

All we gotta do is spread information. It sounds easy but it will take a lot of time and effort on our parts to do that.

I don't think that organizing protests or marches is really what we should be doing, because not enough people are motivated / informed enough to "want" to show up in the first place.

If we can get things 'viral' than they will organize their own marches. We just have to educate folks. The rest will fall into place, like dominoes.

but then, one needs to be sure his information and sources are right. otherwise he can be very well spreading hoaxes.
And still.. i think u can present as many facts to average people as u can, and still it wont move people to do anything as long as its not widespread or served by media. there is so many environmental saving actions going on, donating hospital and saving starved children that people are becoming deaf to this kind of campaings.
Dont want to sound pesimistic, but what is needed is to be different than above movements, or to present things in other way.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Dos that cam shot really say much?

To me it looks like either steam or smoke from the explosion still or have they said that all fires were out?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This entire crisis should definitely be a level 9 on the nuclear scale of events. It is sad that they just ignored the entire issue throughout the past few weeks. Who knows how much radiation was actually released into the atmosphere and who knows how many people will be affected in the next few years. I'm curious as to what is the situation status at Fukushima.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OP. Here is a solution to the problem of them not paying attention.

The Alt news headlines need to say, "Osama body floats up by Fukushima in Japan".

Then you can get the message out.

In order to figure out how to get across to the masses, go get stupid drunk, have someone hit you in the head with a baseball bat a couple of times and then maybe, just maybe you might find the perspective from their view.

Oh Lord, it's hard to be Humble.

When your as awake as can be.

Oh Lord, it's hard to be Humble.

When you can see what I see.
edit on 9-5-2011 by j2000 because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
This entire crisis should definitely be a level 9 on the nuclear scale of events. It is sad that they just ignored the entire issue throughout the past few weeks. Who knows how much radiation was actually released into the atmosphere and who knows how many people will be affected in the next few years. I'm curious as to what is the situation status at Fukushima.

I think it is unreasonable to rate this as a "7" also. Totally unreasonable.

Each reactor should be rated individually and separately really since the situation in each one is unique and distinct.

This is just an arbitrary example but perhaps something like rating it a 7 + 7 + 7 + 5 or whatever. That is just pure estimations off the top of my head not realistic figures. Just an example.

But yes I agree that rating this a simple "7" does not really tell the whole story.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When the MSM tells you "Don't worry, all is fine!", thats when you should worry.

ALS

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Led lighting advances and other technology will greatly reduce our need for power. WE just need to make use of green energy, and new tech. We will be able to live the same with 1/3 of the power use, from green sources.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
From RSOE yesterday:

Radiation levels have dropped inside the No.1 reactor building at the tsunami-hit Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan.

Ok, so it seems things are getting better. But alas we get this from RSOE today:

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) on Monday detected radiation levels in the building housing the faltering No. 1 reactor that far exceeded expected levels reaching as high as 700 millisieverts per hour, the utility firm said

I think the confusion surrounding the Fukushima plant can be firmly blamed on TEPCO.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

ALS

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
Could it be possible that there is actually not much to report? or could it be you people hunting for fear educing stories, sniff out any little information you can to blow it up into something it isn't?
Then you can troll conspiracy forums with your NEW information and get new threads started, so you can sit at the computer all day waiting for replies of equally small minded individuals who freak out at any over blown nonsense, and thus this makes it feel like you have a social life.

I tell you what, reply to this post in 6 days time when all is fine with this reactor fire and nothing major happened from this FIRE OF DOOM!!!!. Oh wait you cant because you will have 7 more SCARY threads to start and monitor.

edit on 9-5-2011 by musashi9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by musashi9 because: (no reason given)

Japan nuclear emergency at Fukushima to continue for six to nine months

It will take another six to nine months before the crisis at Japan’s stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant is resolved, operator Tepco has admitted.

It was the first time that Tokyo Electric Power company (Tepco) has given a clear timeline for repairing the damage at the plant, and came after repeated complaints at the lack of clear information about the situation.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Put this information together with what we managed to research about radiation, and it turns out we have valid concerns after all.

It's also been up on the RSOE reporting as a long term or rolling event, and they trim that list of many important events on a daily basis, as they are into resolutions.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have noticed its very difficult to get any information on probable food contamination in the US. I did see where the French were advising people not to eat dairy or leafy vegetables, that being a couple weeks ago. So seeing the Europeans are worried and are several thousand miles more downwind of the US is not a good feeling. The MSM is NOT talking about it at all. Yet we know this stuff must be getting into our food. I am ready to go on Ebay and get a Geiger counter. Very frustrating. What, are we just all expendable now? ( I fear I know the answer to this)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Now this, posted on Commondreams.org (originally posted on The Huffington Post)...

Deadly Silence on Fukushima

Deadly Silence on Fukushima

Some highlights from the above post for you to consider...

I have been following the Fukushima story very closely since the earthquake and devastating tsunami. I have asked scientists I know, nuclear physicists and others about where they find real information. I have also watched as the news has virtually disappeared. There is something extremely disturbing going on and having lived through the media blackout in France back in April and early May 1986, and speaking to doctors who are deeply concerned by the dramatic increase in cancers appearing at very young ages, it is obvious that information is being held back. We are still told not to eat mushrooms and truffles from parts of Europe, not wild boar and reindeer from Germany and Finland 25 years later.

I will summarize some of Gunderson's very disturbing and important information here:

1. There was a hydrogen explosion and it was a detonation not a deflagration, in other words the fire burned up not burned down.

2. A frame by frame analysis shows a flame which confirms that the fuel pool is burning as a result of an explosion which started as a hydrogen explosion but that could not have lifted the fuel into the air so there must have been a violent explosion at the bottom of the fuel pool. But more data is needed.

3. Gunderson speaks about past criticalities in other nuclear reactors around the world, and I fin d it odd we are not hearing about these and how they can teach us about what is going on now at Fukushima.

4. Radioactive water is being pumped out and ground water is contaminated so there must be a leak or leaks and this disaster is in no way contained. There will be contamination for a long time to come and this ground water contamination is moving inland. One town is reporting radioactive sewage sludge from ground water or rainwater.

5. The Greenpeace ship Rainbow water has requested the Japanese government to test the waters near Japan and Japan has refused this independent data request. The EPA has also shut down all inspection centers and is NOT inspecting fish. (Why the silence?)

Why is this not on the front page of every single newspaper in the world? Why are official agencies not measuring from many places around the world and reporting on what is going on in terms of contamination every single day since this disaster happened? Radioactivity has been being released now for almost two full months! Even small amounts when released continuously, and in fact especially continuous exposure to small amounts of radioactivity, can cause all kinds of increases in cancers.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Problem is I don't like her choice in music.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
not good, not good at all. All that fire is going to help propel the radioactive particles into the atmosphere.... not good

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All of this bull from the MSM completely pisses me off...I almost want to cry some of the time though I'm young I realize that in the years to come were utterly #%$^#d....and it shows in our schools to, whenever i try to start a conversation with my friends and family they are completely oblivious, ive reached out to many people but its just to hard unless everyone gets involved on spreading the good word...good always has the edge on evil but it seems everything is going to #...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The radiation will be there for years. All those evacuated will not be able to move back and live a normal life. Life for them has forever changed and yes the media have forgotten. A lot has happened in a short time this year.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Why dont you go and hijack the CNN news station instead of crying every other day about the MSM. Nothing is gonna happen making threads every day on ATS.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join