It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Google Video Link
Originally posted by Maluhia
Maybe the media will get around to it after they finish dissecting the OBL distraction. As long as Charlie Sheen stays quiet and Justin Beiber doesn't get another haircut.
Originally posted by muzzleflash
The only reason they are blacking this out of the media is because once the average person becomes aware of the dangers posed by this technology, it's game over for the corporations behind it.
That's why they are trying to keep it silent.
All we gotta do is spread information. It sounds easy but it will take a lot of time and effort on our parts to do that.
I don't think that organizing protests or marches is really what we should be doing, because not enough people are motivated / informed enough to "want" to show up in the first place.
If we can get things 'viral' than they will organize their own marches. We just have to educate folks. The rest will fall into place, like dominoes.
Originally posted by Leemo
This entire crisis should definitely be a level 9 on the nuclear scale of events. It is sad that they just ignored the entire issue throughout the past few weeks. Who knows how much radiation was actually released into the atmosphere and who knows how many people will be affected in the next few years. I'm curious as to what is the situation status at Fukushima.
Radiation levels have dropped inside the No.1 reactor building at the tsunami-hit Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan.
Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) on Monday detected radiation levels in the building housing the faltering No. 1 reactor that far exceeded expected levels reaching as high as 700 millisieverts per hour, the utility firm said
Originally posted by musashi9
Could it be possible that there is actually not much to report? or could it be you people hunting for fear educing stories, sniff out any little information you can to blow it up into something it isn't?
Then you can troll conspiracy forums with your NEW information and get new threads started, so you can sit at the computer all day waiting for replies of equally small minded individuals who freak out at any over blown nonsense, and thus this makes it feel like you have a social life.
I tell you what, reply to this post in 6 days time when all is fine with this reactor fire and nothing major happened from this FIRE OF DOOM!!!!. Oh wait you cant because you will have 7 more SCARY threads to start and monitor.
edit on 9-5-2011 by musashi9 because: (no reason given)edit on 9-5-2011 by musashi9 because: (no reason given)
It was the first time that Tokyo Electric Power company (Tepco) has given a clear timeline for repairing the damage at the plant, and came after repeated complaints at the lack of clear information about the situation.
I have been following the Fukushima story very closely since the earthquake and devastating tsunami. I have asked scientists I know, nuclear physicists and others about where they find real information. I have also watched as the news has virtually disappeared. There is something extremely disturbing going on and having lived through the media blackout in France back in April and early May 1986, and speaking to doctors who are deeply concerned by the dramatic increase in cancers appearing at very young ages, it is obvious that information is being held back. We are still told not to eat mushrooms and truffles from parts of Europe, not wild boar and reindeer from Germany and Finland 25 years later.
I will summarize some of Gunderson's very disturbing and important information here:
1. There was a hydrogen explosion and it was a detonation not a deflagration, in other words the fire burned up not burned down.
2. A frame by frame analysis shows a flame which confirms that the fuel pool is burning as a result of an explosion which started as a hydrogen explosion but that could not have lifted the fuel into the air so there must have been a violent explosion at the bottom of the fuel pool. But more data is needed.
3. Gunderson speaks about past criticalities in other nuclear reactors around the world, and I fin d it odd we are not hearing about these and how they can teach us about what is going on now at Fukushima.
4. Radioactive water is being pumped out and ground water is contaminated so there must be a leak or leaks and this disaster is in no way contained. There will be contamination for a long time to come and this ground water contamination is moving inland. One town is reporting radioactive sewage sludge from ground water or rainwater.
5. The Greenpeace ship Rainbow water has requested the Japanese government to test the waters near Japan and Japan has refused this independent data request. The EPA has also shut down all inspection centers and is NOT inspecting fish. (Why the silence?)
Why is this not on the front page of every single newspaper in the world? Why are official agencies not measuring from many places around the world and reporting on what is going on in terms of contamination every single day since this disaster happened? Radioactivity has been being released now for almost two full months! Even small amounts when released continuously, and in fact especially continuous exposure to small amounts of radioactivity, can cause all kinds of increases in cancers.