It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Fukushima Fire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

While there seems to be overwhelming evidence of a media blackout on this matter, the items from the Berkley forum were still a shock. How brazen can they be? Guess I just answered my own question.

Thanks to muzzleflash for the breakdown of highlights. I am simply stunned by these revelations.

Yes, do protect us little folks by withholding utterly critical information effecting our very lives. Great strategy. No blowback from that!

How do these people sleep at night?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Expect that to be the mantra, repeated over and over...

Fukushima is the second worst nuclear disaster, right behind Chernobyl.

Why?

Because so many people will think, "hey, the world survived Chernobyl, and Fukushima isn't as bad so what's all the fuss?".

Soon enough more and more folks will begin to realize that Fukushima is probably worse.

Quite possibly far, far worse!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Access to internal US Environmental Protection Agency communications has revealed a 1,000% increase for exposure to Strontium-90; a 3,000-100,000% rise for Iodine-131; a 25,000% rise for Nickel-63 in drinking water.

Any radiation has no safety threshold for human exposure and the EPA’s own numbers state that 25% of people exposed to these “new acceptable levels” would develop cancers. The EPA is not required to make its deliberation public or debated by Congress; all that is required to make this Federal regulation is simple publication of the changes in the US government gazette, the Federal Register. www.collapsenet.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This makes me sick. My husband is still in Japan... my children and I are here in the states, in limbo. I hate Tepco. I hate the Japanese Government for lying to us. I hate the American Government for lying to us. I am so fed up.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Plain and simple, the attention span of the American people is short as hell. Unfortunately, re-hashing 'old' news is confusing and inconvenient to the people.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rakka

I sure do hope your husband is safe and will return to you and your family as soon as possible.

Your anger is truly justified, there is no question about that. It seems all too obvious we are all being lied to. Again and again and again.....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Someone on YouTube said it was planned. They used explosives so they could get into deeper parts.

I'm not sure. Then someone else was saying Israel did this to Japan for investigating haarp.

Who knows.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Could it be possible that there is actually not much to report? or could it be you people hunting for fear educing stories, sniff out any little information you can to blow it up into something it isn't?
Then you can troll conspiracy forums with your NEW information and get new threads started, so you can sit at the computer all day waiting for replies of equally small minded individuals who freak out at any over blown nonsense, and thus this makes it feel like you have a social life.

I tell you what, reply to this post in 6 days time when all is fine with this reactor fire and nothing major happened from this FIRE OF DOOM!!!!. Oh wait you cant because you will have 7 more SCARY threads to start and monitor.

edit on 9-5-2011 by musashi9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this. We all know 'they' plan it this way so we all concentrate on a 'big' story so we miss the really important stuff but I'm sad to say it's worked with me this time. I've been totally consumed with OBL that I pretty much forgot about this.

After reading your post, I had a look at the BBC news website and sure enough, nothing. The only mention I found was a sentence at the end of a story regarding plummeting shares which said they are still struggling with the fukashima plant.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by musashi9

Could it be possible that there is actually not much to report? or could it be you people hunting for fear educing stories, sniff out any little information you can to blow it up into something it isn't?

Okay, fair enough.

Perhaps there is nothing much to all of this. Can this be said by anyone with 100% certainty? Naturally it cannot. Therefore in an ideal world we would be looking to our media and politicians to keep us abreast of the seriousness of this matter.

Sadly, as has been pointed out repeatedly, it simply seems we cannot keep faith with either the media or our elected leaders.

I tell you what, reply to this post in 6 days time when all is fine with this reactor fire and nothing major happened from this FIRE OF DOOM!!!!.

Also, it will quite possibly take many years to determine just how serious this ends up being. The horror of the worst-case scenario may play out over decades. If it ends up being otherwise, I'll be the first to wipe my brow and say "wow, dodged a bullet with that one".

edit on 9-5-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

edit on 9-5-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Sorry misunderstood your sentence, thought you just hadn't heard of the worst (according to the ever trustworthy msm sources) nuclear accident

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
They need to nuke all 6 of those reactors at the same time, someone earlier did the math and worked out that a 10K bomb on each reactor should vaporize them. Yes this is messy but not even 1/16th as messy as it is right now. The Japanese government needs to stop letting Tepco run the show and take control of the situation. The worlds media needs to support all this and get behind the blowing up and vaporizing of the Fukushima plant.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

I wouldn't normally ask for credentials but when someone is advocating dropping a few nuclear bombs to clean up a nuclear I mess it begs the question where did you get your Phd? Or are you another sensationalist with no expertise at all?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

And are you one of those people that pick fault and arguement with everyone, as i said someone else did the math on another thread, i really can't be bothered with trawling through hours of reading to find it just to please you. If it means that much to you u2u me and ill find you the thread.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This caught my attention on ENENEWS a while ago, information related to the OP post

Evidence Of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor Fire

On May 8th “Tokyo Electric reported a sharp rise in temperature at the nearby Reactor 3. It was at 202 degrees Celcius early Sunday, up 40 degrees in less than a day "

So, Reactor 3 is headed for the finel stages of major meltdown and radiation release.

then theirs more radiation to be released, they are trying too cover everything up and control outbound information.

click the link below to go the full translation. ( top of page )

Email from Japanese Govt official.

“If the current situation continues, high density radiation will be released on the 8th May.” “Mr Hosono said: "

The Japan Government must act now for major worldwide help in containing this mess. TEPCO has proved themselves more than incompetent. This is situation is getting worse by the day. TEPCO will be the blame for an un-inhabitable Japan.

edit on 9-5-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe

yes a totally blackout of the medias.

No there isn't that's ATS "everything is a conspiracy" kicking in.

The reason why it is not being reported is that that story is old news. Boring, done to death, no longer sells papers, no longer headline news.

Now if it blows up again or releases a massive radioactive cloud, it might become news again. But whatever it is has to bigger bolder and more newsworthy than the original story (assuming there is nothing else happening in the world, especially with stupid celebrities!)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
it doesn't matter Japan won't shut down the sites.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by musashi9

You are so right!

Huge amounts of radioactice isotopes being dumped into the air and our oceans is no-biggie!
Nothing bad could come from this!

Hey buddy i'd rather be inquisitive and wrong than a smart as$!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
This caught my attention on ENENEWS a while ago, information related to the OP post

Evidence Of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor Fire

On May 8th “Tokyo Electric reported a sharp rise in temperature at the nearby Reactor 3. It was at 202 degrees Celcius early Sunday, up 40 degrees in less than a day "

So, Reactor 3 is headed for the finel stages of major meltdown and radiation release.

then theirs more radiation to be released, they are trying too cover everything up and control outbound information.

click the link below to go the full translation. ( top of page )

Email from Japanese Govt official.

“If the current situation continues, high density radiation will be released on the 8th May.” “Mr Hosono said: "

The Japan Government must act now for major worldwide help in containing this mess. TEPCO has proved themselves more than incompetent. This is situation is getting worse by the day. TEPCO will be the blame for an un-inhabitable Japan.

does that mean the smoke we saw was radiation?

^ my speculation
edit on 9-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
Then you can troll conspiracy forums with your NEW information and get new threads started, so you can sit at the computer all day waiting for replies of equally small minded individuals who freak out at any over blown nonsense, and thus this makes it feel like you have a social life.

I tell you what, reply to this post in 6 days time when all is fine with this reactor fire and nothing major happened from this FIRE OF DOOM!!!!. Oh wait you cant because you will have 7 more SCARY threads to start and monitor.

Remember this when you, your children, and your childrens' children are all suffering from cancer because of a major catastrophe that occurred earlier in your lifetime at a time when you were prone to making jokes instead of contributing anything useful. Sure, we may be on edge just a bit more than what's good for our mental and emotional well-being, and sure, there isn't a damn thing any of us can do to correct this. But what you fail to realize is that this isn't necessarily a routine hobbie that people become fixated on - it's simply a concern for the future of our lives.. something that you obviously take for granted!

You do realize that there are Japanese workers who are desperately clamoring to seal up the reactors to prevent firther radiation spredaing so that your butt can be saved? For them, this pretty much means guaranteed cancer. They are fathers to children, husbands to wives, and sons to parents. All so you can sit behind your computer screen and spout insane babble about a "fire of doom".

Grow up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join