It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Fukushima Fire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well thats nice they put the cams on again, so where is the Media? How is it I wonder they can just ignore this?

That's the million dollar question. The silence is so loud its deafening.

Maybe the media will get around to it after they finish dissecting the OBL distraction. As long as Charlie Sheen stays quiet and Justin Beiber doesn't get another haircut.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Anyone else started their intensive detox programs since this all started?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ADEzor

You know... after reading your post I've decided based on the google stats data you provided that humanity actually deserves it.

If we've devolved so far to think that things just go away maybe we should continue ahead with the restart button. I wish that Fukushima never happened and I gladly will donate money to help stop cancers that occur in people because of this... but really; there is only so much you can do.
It makes me ashamed to be human. This has the potential to cause so much pain. Maybe if people actually saw how horrible cancer actually was they'd realize that a media blackout is pushing genocide.
The thought of myself, my loved ones...etc, having to endure such a huge tragedy because of humanities negligence almost makes me feel sick. I alert everyone I know to keep researching and not let this get covered up... I'm doing my best but it just feels like I'm hitting the wall.

WHY does no one care (edit: excluding ats)?
I'm so confused...

edit on 5/8/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They briefly mentioned Fukushima on FOX yesterday, said it was "the 2nd worst nuclear plant disaster in history". If that is true what was the worst and why has it never been reported on?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yes, all the circus shows...

I spent a week without the internet, and I realized that I was completely cut off from reality.
The news reporting on sat was a joke.

Worse than a day old newspaper.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Embedded video of fire here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Check out this conversation at the University of Berkley Nuclear Engineering department - kind of gives you some perspective.

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

Even they seem to generally believe that the news is deliberately avoiding the subject of Nuclear radiation and Fukushima.

Did anyone see any of the MSM report on the radioactive water they dumped into the Mississippi last week?
It was a level 3 event IN OUR COUNTRY and I wouldn't have heard about it except for the alternative news sources I follow.
Here's the story if anyone hasn't heard.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

You may want to check this out Chernobyl

Can anyone confirm if the fires are still going?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Thats very good, thanks. We all need to pass that on to everyone.

Why is it that Fukushima and fallout risk/data is not on any nationatal news on TV?
I have had some time off and watching more TV than usual, various news station. I do not understand that there is literally NO news about Fukushima or related topics. NO news information or health education news about types of radiation etc. I am stunned.
Is it because the government is controlling our news? www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I was reading the link you posted to the Berkley forum.

I saw this posted:

"The government charges that the damage caused by earthquakes and by the nuclear accident are being magnified by irresponsible rumors, and the government must take action for the sake of the public good. The project team has begun to send "letters of request" to such organizations as telephone companies, internet providers, cable television stations, and others, demanding that they "take adequate measures based on the guidelines in response to illegal information. "The measures include erasing any information from internet sites that the authorities deem harmful to public order and morality."

Is this information legit??

Illegal Information???
Erasing any information "harmful to public order and MORALITY" ????

IF this information is True, than this is the MOST IMMORAL thing the Japanese Govt has done Since this disaster all began.

Can anyone verify this information as true ? Thanks.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

There is actually a pretty big thread about the recent Mississippi disaster here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to everyone for keep us all posted on this. The MSM is worthless. No words can really nail down how I feel about this. Betrayal, rage, and horror all rolled into one. Its very scary how little people care, and the ramifications will be heartbreaking.

edit on 8-5-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Yeah, that looks under control

It is going to be sad, but expected, to see people cry out about the lack of warnings and news coverage 10-20 years from now when millions and millions of people are coming down with cancer.

edit on 8-5-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

And, just as they first stated that the threats are 'dissipated', and finally, stated nothing at all, forty years from now specialized debunkers will be saying 'there's no causation nor correlation between Fukushimi and cancer'. Nope, none.

nah, 10 years from now folks like that will not have a voice.

love & truth are one in the same
the era of the liars is coming to an end, and damn quick too.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

edit on 8-5-2011 by vermonster because: dbl post oopsie daisy

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
From that Berkley forum link above, also please read the comment posted a dozen or so comments into the thread:

National Desk Rejected My Stories On Fukushima Submitted by So Cal newswriter (not verified) on Thu, 2011-04-21 02:20.

Go there and find this post. It's quite long but I'll post the first tidbit of it to get you guys started.
(Fast way to find it - go to "Find" type in "So Cal Newswriter" it will take you right there on the page quickly.)

I write for a national newswire and am based in Southern California. I wrote two stories a few weeks ago on Fukushima and submitted them for national distribution. They were turned down. One story was about Tepco's plans to build two nuclear plants in Texas (from Truth-Out.org, Greg Palast).

The other was about the high I-131 readings measured in rainwater a few weeks ago.

Stations all over the country use our service. I believe--firmly--that this story should not have been silenced so quickly. What's happening in Japan is tragic, and the people working in that toxic stew are heroes. They are literally risking or giving their lives for their countrymen, and if that's not patriotic, I don't know what is. Whatever it is, it's heroic and has meaning for us here.

My boss told me "our stations don't want to carry stuff like that." "Stuff like that" being news that is controversial or which contradicts what the mainstream news organizations are putting out. He questioned me about my "sources" and seemed to imply that my judgement might be suspect. So the stories I write have been censored from within the organization, and there isn't a thing I can do about it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Wow, thats just sick that they can do that!
The results of this type of censorship of the truth will be devastating.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

The fires are out. They ended just before the sun came up. Here's a link to the live cam.

tbsnews

Only problem is it seems to be down again.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Another really interesting post from the Berkley forum link.

Submitted by dchivers on Mon, 2011-04-18 01:25.

FYI: we were contacted by Fox News directly last week and we answered questions on our rain water readings. I don't think anything was aired, however. Fox and CNN, to me, are not really news but entertainment. Their decisions on what to air are based mainly on ratings. It is really too bad because information on traditional outlets have become monopolized. However, we have no one to blame but ourselves: whether it is going to Amazon (or Barnes&Noble) Books rather than the local book store, or Safeway, rather than the local food market or farmer's market, or we watch CNN/FOX rather than PBS or local news (in which we have been covered quite a lot), we "vote" for this monopolization. To me, this is why a free internet is so important and the continuing evolution of information vetting engines (informal and formal) that bring to the world a level of truth that has historically not been available to the masses. The vetting of information used to be done by responsible journalists and editors but I fear we, as a society, have undermined their authority, and rightly so. I have met some very honorable reporters and editors, but rarely are they qualified to report on highly complex (scientific) issues. As scientists, we need to prepare the next generation to communicate as well as perform research. This is as important as the science itself.

I know it's a long excerpt but it's really quite insightful. It is awesome to see a PhD actually concerned and distraught like we are! I am not happy that we are screwed, but I am happy that really respected and intelligent people are also concerned as well.

It kind of vindicates us here at ATS to hear other very smart people agree with us on some very basic facts.
Dr Chivers - that was a great post. Thanks.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks for the highlights on the Berkely forum

They can not be dismissed as lay people who just dont know what they are talking about,
I applaud them for the posts.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Dude how can you be thinking about Fukishima or expect the media to cover that now

Didnt you hear, Osama was wearing green boxer shorts, eating pizza and watching MTV when they killed him and you talk about freakin Fukishima.

Get you priorities straight mate

P.s S&F
edit on 8-5-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Well, obviously the MSM is scrambling to hide this little item in particular...

sPoof of FB account/internet...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
reply to post by KaiserSoze

You may want to check this out Chernobyl

Can anyone confirm if the fires are still going?

I'm quite familiar with Chernobyl. However that was one reactor, not on a major fault line, not sitting on an ocean shoreline, not storing decades of spent fuel. The rest of the Chernobyl facility continued operation with the last reactor being shut down 13 years later in 1999. Yes, it was horrific but it's effects were primarily focused on the Soviet states. Not that I am advocating it, but do you believe even one of these 6 reactors can possibly be brought back online in the future? The situation in Fukushima looks like several Chernobyls on steroids all occurring at once.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join