It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The origin of the prediction that the world will end in December 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have been trying to find the truth out about the origins of the end of the world, at least in the 2012 vane.
The first I had heard of this was way back in 2001 when i read a book called "The Crystal Skulls". This book talked about the Crystal skulls that were found in various places in South America and beyond. At the time I found the book to be Interesting and it mentioned many references to a hidden planet and the end of the world. The Mayans Calendar ending etc.
I never ever expected the notion that the world would end in 2012 to catch on in the way that it has. Some people seem reverent about it.

So i decided to look into the origins of this present predictions and I have found that it is just a bunch of made up nonsense. I am not intending to insult believers, but there is no evidence for "Nibiru" to exist let alone smash into Earth. Before you all have at it, it is not up to me to refute claims that Nibiru exists, I don't believe that it does. I can back my claim that Nibiru does not exist from many sources.
On the other hand there are no genuine scientific sources for existence of "Nibiru any where that I can find.
Some of you may say why have singled this topic out, well let me tell you why.
My daughter saw a video link on here yesterday that showed a planetary sized body hit Earth and basically turn it into a smouldering cylinder. Obviously she was frightened.
So with this in mind, members that claim the existence of Nibiru, really need to start considering that they are scaring people, and with out evidence to do that is irresponsible and Ignorant.

So lets get down to it I present my first piece of evidence against the existence of "Nibiru"

The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. Zecharia Sitchin, who writes fiction about the ancient Mesopotamian civilization of Sumer, claimed in several books (e.g., The Twelfth Planet, published in 1976) that he has found and translated Sumerian documents that identify the planet Nibiru, orbiting the Sun every 3600 years. These Sumerian fables include stories of “ancient astronauts” visiting Earth from a civilization of aliens called the Anunnaki. Then Nancy Lieder, a self-declared psychic who claims she is channelling aliens, wrote on her website Zetatalk that the inhabitants of a fictional planet around the star Zeta Reticuli warned her that the Earth was in danger from Planet X or Nibiru. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Only recently have these two fables been linked to the end of the Mayan long-count at the winter solstice in 2012 – hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

I would encourage all of you to go to the I site have linked and read all there is. I am not relying on only this site
and I will present more later.

Here

edit on 8-5-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Thanks for taking the time to write and post this.
I have a feeling some will simply say that your source is Dis-info. I don't believe the end is coming in 2012 or Niburu

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have to agree, I've found no evidence for Niburu other then people and cheap a%& cameras on youtube that can't take sunlight. It catches another object, I really don't know what to say. My friend screamed at me "the f-ing world's gonna end!" I asked her "Who told you ? And don't say it was the Mayans either." do you know she couldn't tell me! It was so funny to see her run around screaming(LOL) We'll have to wait and see. Besides my mother made me a deal, if we see Niburu in the sky she will buy me 4 bottles of scotch and two bottles of Jack(I'm a teen)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by rigel4

Thanks for taking the time to write and post this.
I have a feeling some will simply say that your source is Dis-info. I don't believe the end is coming in 2012 or Niburu

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well that is the problem , no sense can be talked without being accused
of seeding Disinfo.
I also wonder why people defend Ideas that are obviously untrue.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yeah, thanks.

I for one have definitely had enough of Nibiru/2012 threads. Unfortunately I think the number of those threads is going to increase as we get closer to December of next year.

But hey, we can hope and dream can't we?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You will find that when the ancient civilizations wrote about this, they did not say; "the world will end on this date."
that's just all hype now like the world ending this month.

Not to mention there is a seven year margin of error in our calender alone,
and that's not to mention the margin of error in ancient calenders just in translating them themselves,
THEN take in to account the idea of the margin of error on the translation from calender 1 to calender 2

we could be way off.

there are lots of groups of people that say the 2012 idea happened in many different recent times and wont be happening till after 2012.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Ummm... It's called the Mayan Calender, dude.

I don't really feel like getting into the logistics of it all. Edit: Fcuk it, I will.

Who are you to say what's true, and not true? All of these so called conspiracies have basis in fact, otherwise we wouldn't be hearing about them. Just because you operate out of the left brain and think you know things, doesn't mean jack. We as a race, are under the control of an artificial mind matrix. This means we have lost control of natural cycles and the big picture... I'm sure you can grasp that.

Before the real disinfo took hold, ancient cultures were much more connected to the universe. Of course modern science portrays them as 'backwards' but the synchronicity and intuitive understanding they had with their surroundings was astounding. They understood that there are greater forces at work, wheels within wheels, cycles within cycles. We are heading towards 'the cycle to end all cycles'...

From here on out, it get's complicated. You have to be well versed in metaphysics and dimensional structure, ie. frequency levels, to really understand where we are heading(5D). Let's just say, 3D reality is deconstructing and the signs only get more blatant everyday, from catastrophes down to atomic instability(good luck finding info on that one). What's about to play out on Earth is straight from a sci-fi movie. I hope you take the time to learn a little about the ET agendas surrounding this planet as well...

Many people are connecting with profound information within themselves, there's a seed of higher consciousness in the chest that is currently sprouting. I suggest trying to get in touch with that instead of chasing down articles online, that's pointless unless you know what your doing and have strong intuitive backing.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It seems to me that a lot of members post this stuff to "Fit In" here. There are much better reasons to
post material than to just "Fit In". We are all here I hope to keeps things in balance, to question what we are told
and tell our Governments to "Prove It". We can all have little fun now and then and dream the undreamable, but lets keep it real too, and responsible.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

your thanks is appreciated from a long standing and responsible member.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As Promised here is more REAL evidence against the existence of "Nibiru".

Let me be very clear here: Nancy Lieder, Mark Hazlewood and the rest of these Planet X people (hereafter referred to as "PXPs") are completely wrong. No rogue giant planet is about to destroy the Earth, in May 2003 or otherwise. The webpages on this and other sites give lots of details, but I thought it might help if I made a brief synopsis of the arguments I and others make to debunk this pseudoscientific silliness. Listed below are the major points against the claims of the PXPs. Feel free to use them to make yourself feel better, or to use on someone who is contemplating the Dark Side.

Read Here

Other topics discussed on the site I have linked are as follows.

Ancient texts do not discuss the existence of a tenth planet.
There is no astronomical indication of the existence of another large planet in the inner solar system.
The Sun is not acting in any way abnormally.
There are not more earthquakes than normal.
There has been a lot of weird weather lately
Brown dwarfs are not at all the way Planet X people describe.
Observatories are not being closed suspiciously.
The pictures that have been posted are either outright fakes or being misinterpreted.
I am not a government disinformation agent.
The Grand Conclusion (guess what it is)
Links and acknowledgements

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar ends in 2012 so a lot of people point to that as a sign of the end, however that is a miss-interpretation, it really just means a new beginning.. entering another cycle

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I didn't know that the Nibiru-ists believed that this mystery planet was supposed to smash into Earth. Regarding Nibiru, I had heard things ranging from Annunaki returning to Earth when it got closer, to this mystery planet affecting the axis, weather, sun etc.

Of all the prophecies, Mayan, Nostradamus, Etc, i haven't seen any saying the world will be destroyed in 2012.

I am of the belief that 2012 is the end of a time frame relevant to the galaxy, universe, spiritual or other. The end of the time frame is when something will peak or happen. This is what I believe is resulting in the weather changes affecting the planet, the sun and the behavior of humans. It may result in devastating events, both natural and man made, but nothing that will destroy the Earth or humanity as a whole. Areas may cease to exist, millions or more may die, but the whole thing is part of a reoccurring process.

Will there be an evolutionary change for humanity? Perhaps. Will ancient aliens return to teach humanity once again? Maybe. Will Earth and or all life be destroyed? I don't think so at all.

What lies ahead is both exciting and terrifying. Either way, I am glad for it.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Nice post, your in the minority when it comes to Nibiru. Many of the posts/threads are about Nibiru smashing Earth up.I like to speculate as well, but there is little or no evidence for the existence of Planet X.
Whether 2012 brings havoc to human kind, remains to be scene. I personally think there will be nothing extraordinary about the year 2012.

Peace to you bro

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
im not sure who said it first, but i know Terrence McKenna independently came to the conclusion that 12/21/12 was going to be a very important date in his Timewave theory...McKenna was a genius, and im surprised more people arent interested in Timewave...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

If I recall correctly, the Timewave ended in 2012. If so, maybe that is where some of the "end of all" theories come from. I would just interpret it as the method of measuring changes. Sorta like switching from analog to digital.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
On any given day there must be at least a dozen reports of disasters coming our way from earthquakes induced by HAARP to alien invasion. Some day one of them may even come true and the one who predicted it will crow about being right, and being an amazing psychic, when in fact all they did was win the prophecy lottery quite by accident.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

You Sir are 100% thinking properly.

Star to you

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
From wiki:

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in." The 2009 science fiction apocalyptic disaster film 2012 is based on this belief.

-en.wikipedia.org...

And for a bit more detail - en.wikipedia.org...

hope that helps

And the previous poster is right too - anything at all that happens in 2012 that has the smallest hint of a disaster will get us a bunch of "See - it's all true" drivel from the gullible, the hopeful, and the downright dishonest.

It's going to be a hell of a year for the rational to survive!

Of course that's assuming the 2011 end-of-times predictions aren't true first - en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Everytime I read or hear about the world ending because of this planet x that has the 3600 orbit period, it makes me think that its good to know that this planet gets wiped out every 3600 years lol

new topics

top topics

join