It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackout This Morning With Strange Effects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I live in Tampa Bay Area of Florida. This morning at 5 am there was a complete blackout of our area (even street lights were out) There was not a storm to have caused it, and the reason I am stating this will be very evident when I continue on with this post. My daughter said the house shook, then the lights went off, then when the electric came back on all our electric things came back on, even those that weren't on when the blackout happened.
(That only happened in our house when a ground wire went bad once) But this blackout happened all over, however nobody else experienced the house shaking like our house did. Also it went out three times and each time, my daughter said, the shaking of the house happened first. I put this in paranormal quite frankly because I have no clue where to put this. It may have fit better in grey area. I don't know.
Any one have a clue WTH happened here?

edit on 8-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: take something irrelevent out

edit on 8-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
maybe the UFO's ,, I find Many links to UFO's and the power outages in the past in Florida that say things like:

"Based on the reports we received and the fact that UFOs have been directly and indirectly connected to other power outages and failures throughout the years, we believe that the Florida outage was caused by the presence of UFOs. " maybe this is more of the same.?
www.ufocasebook.com...

Maybe the ufos were playing with the Turkey Point Nuclear Generating Station? I think it supplies power farther north than tampa.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I live in Tampa Bay Area of Florida. This morning at 5 am there was a complete blackout of our area (even street lights were out) There was not a storm to have caused it, and the reason I am stating this will be very evident when I continue on with this post. My daughter said the house shook, then the lights went off, then when the electric came back on all our electric things came back on, even those that weren't on when the blackout happened.
(That only happened in our house when a ground wire went bad once) But this blackout happened all over, however nobody else experienced the house shaking like our house did. Also it went out three times and each time, my daughter said, the shaking of the house happened first. I put this in paranormal quite frankly because I have no clue where to put this. It may have fit better in grey area. I don't know.
Any one have a clue WTH happened here?

edit on 8-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: take something irrelevent out

edit on 8-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

Greeting from Florida too!

Anyways, I live on the East and there was no indication of a power outage. Mainly because everything resets when there is and I awoke to a regular house
. Odd situation indeed.

Good Day

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

"...then when the electric came back on all our electric things came back on, even those that weren't on when the blackout happened.
(That only happened in our house when a ground wire went bad once)... "

I know I'm taking this out of context, but I'm trying to clear up the ambiguity. Are you saying that the electricity went out, and then when it came back on even electrical articles and appliances that were turned OFF turned ON? And are you further saying that this has happened before, in the event of a ground wire going bad?

Please bear with me. I'm not an electrician, but I've never heard of any defective ground wire having such an effect. How did you determine that a bad ground wire caused it? (If there is an electrician available, please help clear this up.)

Sorry for the distraction, but this could be a key concept....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Have you contacted the electricity board? I had a cable that fed my street malfunction under my house once. It made the house/ floor shake quite violently/ noisily and caused the pavement outside to bubble up, displacing the slabs. It was a pretty scary experience! Felt a bit like an earthquake.

Not sure if all the appliances in my house did the same as you suggest, as I flicked the fuses off immediately. In any case the electricity board had to cut the power in my street for the rest of the day whilst they repaired the burnt out cable.

Did you hear any noise? Have you seen any signs of the floor near your property bubbling up?

I would check with the electricity board first, to rule out any problems/ potential dangers. Electricity can be dangerous and the possibility of a burnt out cable in the vicinity of your home wouldn't be something I would want to ignore. I seem to recall my Dad (who is an electrician) telling me I did the right thing turning the fuses off and ringing the board- can't remember what else he said, it kind of goes over my head.

Hope you get to the bottom of it

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I remember when I was in college the power went out for the whole area for a day or so and classes were cancelled.

I think I remember hearing that a squirrel or something got into part of the "grid" in our area and screwed things up. Pretty technical explanation, I know. I hope you followed everything ok

As a result, the power went out and there wasn't any storm or anything.

Maybe a power surge caused some of the appliances to turn on?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

"...then when the electric came back on all our electric things came back on, even those that weren't on when the blackout happened.
(That only happened in our house when a ground wire went bad once)... "

I know I'm taking this out of context, but I'm trying to clear up the ambiguity. Are you saying that the electricity went out, and then when it came back on even electrical articles and appliances that were turned OFF turned ON? And are you further saying that this has happened before, in the event of a ground wire going bad?

Please bear with me. I'm not an electrician, but I've never heard of any defective ground wire having such an effect. How did you determine that a bad ground wire caused it? (If there is an electrician available, please help clear this up.)

Sorry for the distraction, but this could be a key concept....

Yes my daughter said the tv that was off went on when the electric had come back on. She said it was definately off before the outage and also teh Air conditioning was off when the outage happened but came on when the electric was restored. Though this only happened the first time the outage happened and did not repeat after the two subsequent outages. There were 3 altogether.
Well when the ground wire went bad, my hubby who is a contractor, told me the ground wire was bad and he fixed it. The same thing happened the electric went out and then came back tvs went on and vibrated and smoked. The ones plugged into outlets, subsequently they never worked again. this isn't the case with the items that did so this morning though. I don't know how my hubby figured out it was the ground wire, I thought the damned house was possessed myself at the time! (I was just waking up as it was around 6 in the am so you can imagine being groggy and hearing things go on loud and vibrating tv's!)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MavisCruet

Well it took power out all the way down on the other side of town. So I doubt it was anything caused by my house as only a transformer could take out power all across the town. No bubbling either of the area near my house or road. My daughter didn't mention any sounds.

I am going to call the power company and ask about it though, today was an "off" business day, and since it really can't be considered an emergancy as the power had already returned, I would not be able to speak to a representative until tomorrow.

edit on 8-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: edited to add

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

If this is the case then they must've been directly over my house as my house shook. I'll be damned, I knew I'd sleep through a hurricane, but I can't beleive I slept through an alien invasion!!! DARN IT!!!!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Depending on where in the Tampa area you are, you may want to consider having your place looked at for a sink hole... Hernando county and parts of Pasco are plagued with sink holes. Just a thought.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah. This gets more confusing by the minute. I have nothing to add. All very strange....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

That is really strange. It could be a UFO, you never know. I do not know what would caused that. I heard about the strange rumblings that been going on lately.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is so wierd maybe its an earthquake, and astral creature shaking the ground, UFO, or someone oveloading the electricity to using a GIANT project near you ?

top topics

join