It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... who is the next US Bogeyman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ding dong - as they say - the wicked witch is dead. OBL has either been dead for years, or left this mortal coil last week.

Either way round, he's gone.

And while Obama could go-on national TV in the States, and be broadcast world wide, and the exploits of "Seal Team 6" drop into pseudo press military folklore, the simple fact remains that the US loves/needs a bogeyman to play up to.

The question is - who is it going to be now?

Saddams gone. OBL's gone... Kim-il-Jong may well be close to breathing his last - so who is next?

Well, here's your list

FBI Most Wanted Terrorists

I predict you'll probably hear more of - AYMAN AL-ZAWAHIRI - hes a "big cheese", and when Al Quaeda comes a knocking next time (If you think that "terror" is over, ask yourself this - the Colonels head is on every bargain bucket, but does he personally prepare the chicken? - think about it) I expect his name will be put out there as the newest figurehead that needs to be removed. He has the money, the connections and the position to be used as the next bogeyman

Failing that, let me introduce you to

Hassan Nasrallah of Hezbollah who, in the post Bin Laden Rule may just be elevated to "worlds most dangerous" status, as hes a big bad bogeyman to Israel, and has something of a chip on his shoulder.

But I do value your opinions, and I'm always looking to learn more, so who do you think is in the frame, and why?

Wheres the next thread that will have you looking over your shoulder coming from?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think it will be us. Dividing us and seeding mistrust against us.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I agree with Under Water.

They've already been warming us up to the fact that factions within our own country need to be monitored for possible "terrorist" activity:

Homeland Security Report Warns Of Rising Right-Wing Extremism

With all the current political dissatisfaction rippling through our citizens, I believe these kind of warnings will get magnified. Then once things really start to become unraveled and anger begins to boil over we'll see a crack-down on anyone, regardless of political orientation, who disagrees with the agenda set forth by TPTB.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'd be putting a serious wager on this scenario.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
At the end of the day, Bin Laden wasn't the be-all and end-all of terrorism. It'd be nice if killing him stopped everything, but it won't. Other people will take the mantle and run with it, and I hate to think what could be happening to get the West 'back' for killing him.

But I also agree, and think that this whole terror thing is tearing us apart. People don't trust people anymore, and it's not right; it's just building up racism, when really we all need to embrace each other in order to make the situation better. That just isn't gonna happen though, is it?

As my dad said the other day, "Look at us, walking through the British countryside, where people in Pakistan will be plotting to blow us up."
- Not very eloquently put, but essentially true.

Ah well. Keep Calm and Carry On

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"big cheese".... lol... I'm sorry, but that had me laughing for some odd reason.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"us" it seems, but i believe there is one of "us" in most western families now, might not be so easy to turn the sheeple against their own.

or they'll sacrifice again one of them (this albino alligator strategy) so to reveal 911, get away with it, reinforce the trust in the system of the sheeple. Kill in the egg the "conspiracy" movement.

whatever happens, what we can be sure of : it'll be theatrical and shocking.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

HE looks out of place if you ask me.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh,with the "death" of BL, they've just re-invigorated the "Al Qaeda threat". There's still a lot more mileage in that for them yet. And there is possibly a connection between this and potential 'domestic terrorist' scaremongering.

edit on 8-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If anyone,i think it's Tronald Dump.... oops i mean Donald Trump.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

IMO the terrorists have become the government. The TSA agents, FBI, LEO, CHP anyone in a uniform. They use threats of harm to induce complince. That is the definition of a terrorist.

I'll take the chance of a suicide bomber rather than what america has become.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

IMO the terrorists have become the government. The TSA agents, FBI, LEO, CHP anyone in a uniform. They use threats of harm to induce complince. That is the definition of a terrorist.

I'll take the chance of a suicide bomber rather than what america has become.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don’t think we will ever see another Bin Laden, we might see another terrorist who is considered as dangerous or even more so that Bin Laden and as such is hunted like Bin Laden was. However there can only ever be one Bin Laden so to answer who the next Bin Laden will be is to ask the wrong question. What the question should be is who will the next public enemy number one be?

In answer to that the first is most probably Anwar Al-Alwahri then Al-Zawahiri followed by Mullah Omar Muhammad. In truth however It could be just about anyone, the next event of “mega-terrorism” or next leader of the “axis of evil” will determine who the “new Bin Laden” is, and that depends on who the perpetrators of that attack are.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
I predict you'll probably hear more of - AYMAN AL-ZAWAHIRI - hes a "big cheese", and when Al Quaeda comes a knocking next time (If you think that "terror" is over, ask yourself this - the Colonels head is on every bargain bucket, but does he personally prepare the chicken? - think about it) I expect his name will be put out there as the newest figurehead that needs to be removed. He has the money, the connections and the position to be used as the next bogeyman

I must be psychic

Al-Zawahiri choice as 'al-Qaeda chief' dismissed by US

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Elenin ! Both man and comet !

Oh not on the list. Well should be there.
edit on 16-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join