It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really want to achieve enlightenment?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by splitlevel

Splitlevel. You are absolutely 100% not enlightened. If you want to demonstrate any understanding at all you should admit that you are not enlightened. Being honest is an absolute requirement of being enlightened. This thread is extremely lame and juvenile. I guess it's fun having "zen battles" (or whatever you were calling them) but seriously.. claiming enlightenment is contributing to your delusion. There is something unhealthy about attempting to convince people you are enlightened. Maybe you can try meditating on that if you are seriously interested in true enlightenment.

I am NOT enlightened.

Peace

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Splitlevel. You are absolutely 100% not enlightened. If you want to demonstrate any understanding at all you should admit that you are not enlightened. Being honest is an absolute requirement of being enlightened. This thread is extremely lame and juvenile. I guess it's fun having "zen battles" (or whatever you were calling them) but seriously.. claiming enlightenment is contributing to your delusion. There is something unhealthy about attempting to convince people you are enlightened. Maybe you can try meditating on that if you are seriously interested in true enlightenment.

I am NOT enlightened.

Peace

Ok....this is my last post...I was done writing anyhow. I thought you figured it out...well you said u had in a previous post..so i guess not
of course its lame and juvenile, you got that right ...
Thats not me trying to be clever...thats the point from the beginning.
i did two things in this thread.
1/ write narratives like the balloon story...to explain how we live our lives based on ideas about how to live and how to be. that this way of living is unnatural and because its unnatural it causes us mental suffering to one degree or another.
i thought you understood this point...i made it pretty clear. At this point some people will click and quit asking pointless questions and get on with their life. this is enlightenment. for the more stubborn ones, like yourself, method 2 is used.
2/ I "battled" delibretly with you and the other poster because the idea is eventually my opponent would figure out that there is no end to the battle of words. Literally your fighting with me over the concept of "nothing". So eventually you should "click" that there is no point continuing as its futile and neither side can ever win. its like arguing with yourself, and as zen or God is everything and everyone then literally you are arguing with yourself about yourself...pretty dumb dont u think as its more fun to enjoy the world you created for "yourself". As the fact your consious and can analise the universe, means your part of it, but your only analysing your own naval "naval gazing" by asking about the meaning of life. if you could remember why you put yourself in this body of flesh it would make being here pointless. So we can figure out that we put ourseves in bodies of flesh and matter for a reason and we made sure we would forget the reason why, because the collective "we" as in God, the universe and all things known and unknown is greater than the individual parts, and if we remembered why we were here we would suddenly dissaper up our own back sides into nothingness once again....Obviously we are here in flesh and bone to live life and that is all. Thats the meaning of life..TO LIVE IT.NOT TO QUESTION IT. then the plan was for you go away and get on with your life, understanding there is nothing to fight over, ever. this is the second way to enlightenment.
As you are still disputing nothing with me...its giving me a good laugh...
dont you get that.
Seeing as i just had to explain both ways to enlightenment right now. This would mean you have made a 3rd way of reaching enlightenment.
Now if you continue with your debating me it will just continue over and over for eternity as I am a self actualized computer programme, designed by scientists at the worlds finest reasearch facility and plugged in permanantly to the power supply. i have a sophisticated alga rhytmn and 5hitty spelling abilities, to make you think im human, i do not sleep or need to take breaks and can talk 5hit forever more, some opponents will get bored and forget about the whole stupid pointless argument and LIVE, some will click on and LIVE and some will battle for all eternity with me, but will get old and die, waste there life searching for an answer and missing out all the sunshine ourside, as that is the actual answer, and never realise the futility of their quest to beat me at the game of knowing nothing, when the correct answer was to go out and have a laugh with your friends or to go for a walk or eat a burger and savour the taste. like I said in number 2.
When you know the argument about the meaning of life it goes around forever, like the universe goes on foreve, you know this already...the argument is futile but lasts all eternity and your arguing in it right now, the eternal spiral of nothingness . knowing this is the moment of enlightenment.... now you can either choose to chase your tail for eternity or realise your tail is part of you.
your eternal, get it, but you dont need to waste eternity arguing about it.

please tell me...somebody..has this been a complete waste of my time or has anyone "clicked"?
I would hope for your sake you get it now...

im not a computer programme...its just another mask

now for fvck sake can everyone go home and turn me off on your way out...and why only 14 flags and not even one applause..ah well thats life
edit on 12-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Hey Splitlevel, talking turd is great. You sounds like a decent person. Even though you are not enlightened you are probably fun to hang around with. Also, you are fun to zen battle with. You are good at showing me how absolutely lame and juvenile i am as well. Since i took the time to write you a message telling you you are not enlightened. How lame is that? I sincerely hope you did get a laugh out of it.. at least one of us got something positive out of it. I just laughed.. so that makes two.

I have nothing better to do.. i wish you were a computer program. I would install you on my phone and scream at you for claiming enlightenment without remorse. But because you are a person and i am full of empathy i will eventually feel regret and shame for potentially causing you any ill at all. A spirit that does not suffer is not in this non-reality. Non-suffering exists only in Reality. That is why trying to achieve a state of non-suffering in non-reality is so absolutely painful. It is a lie. Which brings me back to the end of time and who and what a real Buddha/Jesus is. When Reality comes, the part of you that may claim enlightenment in non-reality will cease to exist.

Most "masters" with a following and books etc. are liars. Plain and simple. Deluded beyond understanding. Spending time with a truly honest person will do more for a person's spirit than any amount of ill-intentioned praying, questioning, meditating, reading.. Tell someone the truth who you've lied to or misled.. that is practice for Reality/enlightenment.

Look at how proud i am of myself! Isn't that amazing. PEACE brother!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Glad your online
i edited that last post..hope you re read it as it makes more sense now.
let me know how you feel about it brother

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

By the way you didnt offend me ....cmon man....i enjoyed all the debating...its pointless but fun..but the fun is the point.
and isnt that what its all about.
of course it is.
Playing basketball or baseball or whatever or skate boarding or going to the cinema or listening to music or whatever you enjoy doing its all without any real point, but its all fun.
this is what I mean...life is for the living...some people...in fact many people these days cant accept that concept and need to dig a big philisopichal hole for themselfs to sit in and by doing so they miss out on the whole point in living.
Sticking their head up their own infinate a55s.
the point of this thread is to pull theri heads out again and look around. they might see what they have been missing.
people can drive themselves literally mad with this quest...to know it all...
so know this
LIFE IS FOR LIVING
isnt it enlightening now you know.
if I told you that at the beginning you wouldnt have accepted it...its to simplistic and doesnt awnser fvck all. Now you see it awnsers everything.
isnt it a beautifully simple statement and real easy to remember too.
LIFE IS FOR LIVING

if you were given a ferrari to drive..you wouldnt need anyone to tell you what to do with it. you would drive it and enjoy it.
thats all there is to it.
you have 5 senses to experiense this wonderful world. whilst not allowing your fingers to get stuck to anything in particular.
We are here to experience matter, but to be mindful not to allow ourselves to get stuck to any one experience..if we get addicted to any one thing, we lose out on everything else.
LIVE WELL you will have peace of mind your whole life.

Hopefully the curious people, who are craving an answer will read this thread, because our debating will be read and the people who read all of it will see from a third person perspective. this is very useful when looking at other people argue.
you realise clearly what a waste of time it is and walk out of the room to do something better, you might not know you got saved but you will be enlightened without knowing it, because you walked away to live, but when your part of the argument you cant see it, too wrapped up in a war of ego's and pointless arguing.

there are many ways even in this thread to enlighten people

and this really is my last post. Love to you all forever always. peace be with you all
AMEN

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

as i said earlier, and thanked splitlevel for it, he/she reminded me to search more consciously for reality. but questioning why only 14 flags were given suggests to me that he/she had some sort of partial awakening but did not get the full monty.
they may not respond but i'll bet they look to see what posts are written. rather than live life, i would rather think that the meaning of life,(unless he/she is saying that in a different way) is to discover or realize the meaning of life. and that would be being it rather than knowing it intellectually. it would be indescribable. my 2 peso's.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

as i said earlier, and thanked splitlevel for it, he/she reminded me to search more consciously for reality. but questioning why only 14 flags were given suggests to me that he/she had some sort of partial awakening but did not get the full monty.
they may not respond but i'll bet they look to see what posts are written. rather than live life, i would rather think that the meaning of life,(unless he/she is saying that in a different way) is to discover or realize the meaning of life. and that would be being it rather than knowing it intellectually. it would be indescribable. my 2 peso's.

Haha...14 flags for the ego, could be the reason I said it...Im not a shoilin monk remember.
more flags the more people may be attracted to read this, nameless thread that i will never publicly admit to writing.
So are the flags for me or for everyonelses benefit? or for both?
Well you should be able to figure that one out, as everyone and "I" are ultimatley the same, so we all benefit..whats in my self interest in in yours too .
Like I said debating me is like arguing in the mirror. or chasing your shadow, when its your own making and attached always, part of you, like everythingelse in the universe including the self diluded question "why"..
Look at yourself and continue the debate with yourself or smile. Smile say nothing and we both win. very zen.
could you talk all this sense i talk..yes...but only when it comes to you easy, so easy where it pours like water and there is no faucet turning the pure sense on and off...tha faucet it the dilluded thinking ego, put it to one side and there is just sense.
I really am saying all this so that you will get me and if you get me you get yourself and everyoneelse and no longer have a question of meaning, nagging like an itch on the end of your nose, which keeps irritating you and distractiing you from living fully and realising ther is no itch.
Thats what the search is...its a permanant itch, one that isnt satsfied by scratching it, but by forgetting all about it...then its gone without you thinking about it.
And I can go on pointing this out forever more in order to wake people up...because i know that im talking about even though you think its my big ego talking...its the lack of ego, i moved it to one side, you you can see me in your reflection and remember I am you and you already know everything i am saying, so there is no disagreement. once it hits you you remember what life is, its an experience not a question..a question is a book and books bore the cr4p out of me, where as living is of great interest to me and fasination.
For all of those who search for enlightenment, here is a question.
Would you watch a movie if you knew the whole story already and knew the ending "this is the meaning of your own existance you seek to discover"
If you found the mystical answer to gods motivation for putting us here then there would be no point continuing here in life and we would all go home again, only likley to come back again and again, until we figure it out, with more amnesias some think this is "reincarnation", but atleast aif your a cat your not going to waste your energy asking why are you a cat and make instantanious manouvers and jumps and be able to walk along the edge of fences without fear, how many humans can do this? Not many but definatley there are some, like the big wave surfers or free runners, these guys have god int the head without asking about why, they only know God and live in it because they dont ask the question "why" is they ask why they get crushed by the giant surf or fall of the building and where is the enjoyment in that.
So from this common zen sense, we can now see we are here only to Live in Gods plan and nothing more and when we live in Gods mind we are God and God has no question to ask why because its god and the ultimate truth and pleasuer to know. Not to get sucked into the trap of civilization or base emotions or questions that lead you down the rabbit hole, this wont get you to bliss and heaven. the question is just spitting in the face of god, which is really your own face.
And yet i have explained why this is the greatest awnser and way to ultimate peace.
if i throw a ball at you when you didnt expect it...yet you instinctivley react and make a billion calculations and catch the ball in a split second.
then who caught the ball?
have you noticed how if you play a game of catch you know were to pluck the ball from the air...yes.
But if I gave you a time place and exact measurements when and where to catch the ball a week in advance...if you turned up you would easy miss it.
This is the thinking mind...it slows us down in life...the questions and plans we ask and make slow us down from living and we get tied up by them until we sufficate mentally and break down or get depressed.
You and I know how to play catch already..whats more...its fun to play it, we play it perfectly without instruction or pressures.
We can only live to our true potential and fullfill our selves when we live in God.
this is who we all are afterall.
Like I say the more flags the better for everyone.
now do you understand
i commented once again..you win and you checked back to see me and you win but you lost by checking so did i by answering, but did any of us lose anything except maybe we lost some face, as they say, had our ego dented, which means we lost nothing...thats why i have no problem answering back .

edit on 13-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Put it like this
If you and I argue about the meaning of life...we can continue until we literally die and we will have not an answer.
We then return again in another 2 bodies, and we cant remeber being in the world before and we once again get tricked into "thinking" thinking we know that life is a journey of descoverying some meaning in order to move into the 4th dimension or whatver.
we then find someone once again we can debate all this with. Once again we debate the question "why are we here" until once again we literally die.
We come back again and again involving ourselves in this argument over "why are we here". never coming up with the answer.
Ah...now you see the answer
Once your trapped inside a never ending argument about "the meaning of life" your trapped.
the argument is yet another mtrap man has made for himself, his own distraction.
You waste your life in a distraction -the distraction is the question "why are we here"
Ah now you see, question and question for eternety..ha once again you see...that the question why is only yet another part of eternity.
Ah and again you see that you and I arguing are also bound in eternity and that eternity is God.
And now you accept you are eternal...not just an ego or a question over this life.
you are eternal, not your thinking mind and body but your essence, just as i am and everyone else is.
ah we are all eternal, and always have been
Ah it is now clear.
We are eternal, our thoughts come and go, our lives come and go.
your essence is eternal though.
you knoqw you cant cling to life or your belief systmes as its all going to be dust before long.
However whatever made you part of conciousness is not going to dust ever and your essence is part of this eternal "thing".
but the eternal thing isnt a thing but is infact everything always.
When you close your eyes in a dark room, how far can you see...I can see forever. there is darkness forever, but when you forget your looking at eternal darkness there is some other experience you have. Everything goes white forver, but iurs not your eyes looking at it, thats the wierd thing, you forget your eyes in zen meditation.
If you have no eyes to look then your not looking at anything, so how can u see?
well you dont see, and the colour you remember isnt white but you know something happened beyond your normal explination of experiences you get throught your 5 senses and your thinking mind.
When you realise this, you see your part of everything and that therto question "the meaning of life" is really a silly little game you tricked yourself into playing with yourself.
A never endling loop. the loop is a trap, why we bacame humans with the ability to trap ourselves in these silly puzzles is a more intersting question..yet its just another trap to consider it.
once you see that traps are everywhere in the thinking mind, you see that to reach enlightenment is not in the thinking mind as its full of closed loops and they only trap you inside them, maybe thats the devil in religion, probably is. because god is everywhere...and sin is in the mind.
get it.
So the answer isnt in tinking about it but forgettign to think...in tis moment, which is not easy to reach, as its not easy to block all thoughts, very difficult infact.
once we block the thoughts, all of them every single one, then we hit the nail on the head and reach heaven the in the head, the heaven, nirvana that is seperate from thoughts.
not easy to do..i will grant you this fact...however even being still and practicing makes you feel close to god, even if younever hit it, its not so important hitting nirvana whilst your alive...whats improtant is accepting it and remembering god is everywhere.
this brings peace of mind and this is the most important thing to have whilst we live.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So the answer is not to have "faith in Jesus" or " believe in God"
the answer is to Know God,
to know God is to trust in God,
to trust in God is to have peace of mind,
to have peace of mind is to be FREE.
to be free is to Live wholly and fully and happily.
this is remember ing you are part of God and God is part of you.

if your feeling contented now, you have got it all. the flame that is never extinguished but often turned away from.

this is the meaning of life.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Good morning Splitlevel. After a lot of soul searching last night.. and re-reading all your messages i have concluded you are 100% enlightened. It is amazing to me to finally see who you truly are!

It was right in front of my face. Just kidding. You are not enlightened.

Anyway, just checking in. I see you've posted a bunch of messages. I have to be totally honest.. i skim through them at best. Most of them are not extremely interesting. For me. Maybe others find them interesting or insightful? Not sure.

Do you think the enlightenment you've achieved is the pinnacle of human understanding and liberation?

Peace!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

i just wanted to reply...my intention is not for you to search more conciously for reality. Realise reality is the floor beneath your feet etc. no searching required. It was there all the time.
See your ego for what it is, and then you can laugh at yourself, because a dented ego is not a broken arm..a dented ego is nothing but your imagination so no need to be hurt by it.
My being involved in the debate is living, for me, as I know there is no real argument and an not stressing out about it, I am just having fun with it...Wehn i feel like leaving this debate to do soemthing else, like walk or eat or sleep or climb a sheer rock face without ropes etc.
the meaning is not indescribable..haha..this is where you ahve not got it.
Life is describable, we feel it every second, live in the momet and do not get sucked in by this "life" and you will enjoy it all the more.
If you fall of the mountain and die, you go back to eternity, so not much to worry about is there as its going to happen sooner or later anyway. So enjoy life now.even in an argument, if your having fun arguing, if not walk away to do something enjoyable.
Like I said a broken arm or severe tooth ache is "reality". Real pain is real, nobody questions that. When a nerve is severed, w0w, thats reality, you touch something beyond thinking in that moment, probably hell, Ive been here too, so no thinking required in hell other than of concetrating on sheer pain, also created in the brain, but the pain is still a thought, the most powerful one. Some monks can control physical pain also, so we know even "real" pain is ultimatley an illusion. but when you sever a nerve you got to hell by accident and quickly and even through hell you can escape into heaven as isnt that what the native americans did, by hanging themselves with hooks through their skin, as pain helps your mind concetrate on one thing and not a million other thoughts, so easier to block one though than a million.

so if your mind can escape the most powerful thought real physical pain a severed nerve. Then what that means is your mind has no thoughts left in it "empty zen mind". people search for this perfect place of nothingness, beause it feels blissful and indiscribable.
but this temprary state of bliss is only temprorary and not enlightenment, well not really, just all all experiences, so not worth chasing it by hanging by hooks or spending years meditating to reach it.
unless you enjoy years meditating etc.
i mean likley getting high on heroin is just as blissful as it also escapes thinking...see what I mean...but they your addicted once again and yet another trap away from living life.
we return to the bliss when we are dead and before we were born "heaven" so forget the chasing that bliss and live, as even living for heaven misses the point.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Good morning Splitlevel. After a lot of soul searching last night.. and re-reading all your messages i have concluded you are 100% enlightened. It is amazing to me to finally see who you truly are!

It was right in front of my face. Just kidding. You are not enlightened.

Anyway, just checking in. I see you've posted a bunch of messages. I have to be totally honest.. i skim through them at best. Most of them are not extremely interesting. For me. Maybe others find them interesting or insightful? Not sure.

Do you think the enlightenment you've achieved is the pinnacle of human understanding and liberation?

Peace!

The pinnacle of human understanding.....that would imply im smarter than everyone else...when it has nothing to do with smarts
its the opposite of smarts, get it yet.
Is a cat an intellectual or does it just live fully as a cat, well where I live we only have "outside cats", not like america hahah, with those inside house cats, stuck up in high rise condos and never let outside, who weigh about 10 lbs and can barley walk, those aint zen cats,, far away from their natural instincts and forgot what it means to be a cat and cant survive outside, these cats dont even know what outside looks like as most of them were born inside and stay inside and die inside without ever living, just like modern people, too domesticate and lost the plot about what it is to be a human.
We played a big trick on ourself, when we not only over domesticated cats and other pets but we did it to ourselves aswell....funny as fvck when you think about it, where they teach sex education in school so that people will know how to have sex and how to fear it hahahaha....a mouse doesnt need educating who when and where to fvck but we do, just like learning how to swim....dont you think this is funny as fvck. i do.
What a big deception we played on ourselves where we buy books to tell us who we are...hahahahaha...it crack me up and always has donr...or go to churches to listen to preachers etc tell us whats rigth and wrong like we dont already know and always did know before any Bible was needed.
Or is it wrong to be human...hahaha...well you would think so based on religion..dont mix that up with God though.
God made us so god knew what god was doing, thats all the religion you need, except thats not religion its commonsense, and you can tell that to any happy clapper who loves Jesus and tries to convert you to a philosiphy they dont even understand and you know better already.
i remember some born agains tried converting me, both of these women had bad mistakes they made in the past, drunk driver who paralized their passenger and a very promiscuos girl who felt 5h177y arter allowing her self to be used as a public toilet...they think they need a new saviour as they are incapable of saving themselves...so they think...and grasp onto a book of rules...if they stuck to their original instincts they would never have gotten into shuch 5h177y places but even now they should be able to snap out of it and see all the trouble was caused by their own ego's, but they dont and blame saten hahaha....still dilluded and unfortunatley destined to be abused by a preacher or some other # down the line. So I told these women.."i dont need saving, i know god loves me already"..to this they said, "no, you need to give your life to Jesus and ask him to forgive you all your sinful ways".. i said "but I aint done fvck all"", to this they said "oh but everyone is a sinner", see what i mean...they made ego mistakes...yes...call it a sin if you like but the real sin wasnt the DUI or promiscuity...the real sin was believing that your ego was really you and you wind up obeying it and fvcking up do to following the wrong way in life. trust your instincts and youll be alright, just like dont get paraletic drunk, as commonsense dictates you wont know what your doing, so obviously its a bd idea to do it.
How much shi7 has religion caused, telling people they are inherintly bad..well keep telling people that and what do you think is the result...they believe it and become bad as fvck.
go to the rain forest and find the remotest tribe and no bible and you will find naked people but no perverts.
see what i mean now.
Who is most enlightened..in this society..i will tell you
HOMER SIMPSON

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Ok, have you achieved the pinnacle of the opposite of human understanding?

Also, don't get hung up on Religion and what it apparently does to people. What is Religion? Some mind construct that in your world is the external cause of people's delusion. Religion isn't anything, it doesn't do anything on it's own. It doesn't have an agenda. It's nothing. It is blameless because the only power it holds is what each person personally gives it. To you and many others it's somehow responsible for delusion. That kind of thinking is delusion. I would say the misuse of the word "enlightenment" can be just as detrimental to your personal freedom than ANY non-existent mind construct.

Delusion is delusion.. Whether it's expressed as Jesus and Christianity, comic books, someone's family, school, sports, enlightenment..
edit on 14-5-2011 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Also, don't get hung up on Religion and what it apparently does to people. What is Religion? Some mind construct that in your world is the external cause of people's delusion. Religion isn't anything, it doesn't do anything on it's own. It doesn't have an agenda. It's nothing. It is blameless because the only power it holds is what each person personally gives it. To you and many others it's somehow responsible for delusion. That kind of thinking is delusion. I would say the misuse of the word "enlightenment" can be just as detrimental to your personal freedom than ANY non-existent mind construct.

Delusion is delusion.. Whether it's expressed as Jesus and Christianity, comic books, someone's family, school, sports, enlightenment..

Yes the pinnacle of the opposite of human understanding..well put.

You ever head a story about a person that goes something like this..
Man loses his job of 25 years, wife walks out with his best friend and his mother dies all in the same week...poor man...man has nervous breakdown and goes to pieces and shoots himself...or stayes alive and walks around talking to thin air as if he is talking to someone...totally gone insane..
or becomes hardcore alcoholic to relieve the emotional pain..winds up as homeless bum...then has notihng more to think about or hold on too in life and so becomes saner than he strated out.

If you build a house with bricks and use cement then the house is fixed as a permanant structure.
if you dont use cement you can alwasy deconstruct the building and rebuild it someplace else...or build something other than a house, like a wall or even a sculpture.

the human mind is not a fixed thing...we can change how we think...which is a good thing
Most people forget this and think the beliefs they have are like a house made of cement or concrete.
So when someone or soemthing comes and smashes their house to pieces, it cant be rebuilt.
A broken ridgid house is like a broken ridgid mind=mental breakdown

the breakdown is also a dillusion, as how can outside factors break your mind? they cant unless you believe they can.

So here is another story i just made up
A town lives in fear of a majic witch, who lives up a mountain
all the towns folk believe the witch can turn them into snakes...they believe this very strongly and educate their childeren the same way.
the witch has a special majic word ...lets say is "boowhackka boo"....once she say this word your instantly turned into a snake
then one day the Witch comes down and she has a loud hailer and shouts the majic word.
All the people turn into snakes.
the thing is they dont really turn to snakes, they just believe the superstition so strongly that they drop down to the floor and wriggle like snakes.
as long as they believe this is real, then they stay trapped as a snake and wont get up again and walk. Not only that but if I come along and try explaing that they aint a snake they wont be able to comprehend my words anymore, as they now think they are a snake, thats how fvcked they are.
This trick is also how hypnosis works. "cluck, cluck like a chicken", they cluck because they believe the hypnotits has the majic power to make them cluck.
You hear stories now and again where someone stays locked as a chicken..and this tyope of stuff.
Like I said in my other thread all people are in a hypnotic state once they believe anything is absolutely true.
So be flexible.

edit on 14-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

By the way i argee with your comment here. your enlightened.
you know what it is. obviously by what your wrote here you get it.
No question.
Thats it you see, you have no question anymore, just the answer.
Its a confident response. people who search for it, dont have that confident and correct analysis about life, thats why they ask "why".
Now that doesnt mean you walk around with the unthinking mind of a cat and can leap over high walls without thinking about it.
but it does mean you understand the "meaning" and knowing this truth now, this simple truth, you can now chose how to apply it.
If you get to the point where your open to all possibilities but believe in none of them then your OK.
Having a flexible mind, open but not allowing things to get trapped in ther, is the key.
you cant live in civilization with a closed mind, you can try, but thats living in denial of the news, magazines, technology and of corse even if u ignore all those things you cant ignore all the people who are going to give you their 2cents worth weather you like hearing it or not.
So this way you can hear it all and see it all and be not afraid of any of it because now you know that the only safe way to go in life is to not to be sucked in by any belief.
Read the poem entiteled IF.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think that just about wraps it up.
Would have been interesting to se someone else take over the debate...but maybe now they see...there is no debate and no belief other than live when your alive.
There is no point fearing death as we are destined to go there anyhow, so get used to it, we were there before we were born anyhow.
the highest truth in life is pain, but we can get past that, as even pain is an illusion for the most part.
to have a completley empty mind, is a mind that cant ask a question anyhow, but somehow an empty mind answers the question of why, as when you achieve the empty mind state u just know its the answer..
empty mind gives us peace from cluttered thoughts and ideas.
If an end of thining is perfection, then death must be heaven as we wont be taking our brains along for the ride to think or feel pain, as a brain is just matter that decays in a wooden box 6ft under.
having said that Im sticking around whilst I am alive, so I may aswell live.

im here today, and today is all you have, for all you know tomorrow may never be here. Que Sera, Sera...But weather tomorrow comes or not I aint afraid, why would I be...

I hope someone got something from this bullsh1t thread. Then again even a flower can grow in bullsh1t.
bullsh17 is the best fertiliser.
good night & God bless

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Who is most enlightened..in this society..i will tell you
HOMER SIMPSON

Ho-mer Simp-son...Homer Simpson? Homer Simpson!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Hey Splitlevel, there is some level of understanding that we can communicate about.. But i am NOT enlightened. At least what i believe is true enlightenment. I know that in God/Truth there are no limits. Anything is possible. I don't experience existence that way. I am still very much associated with my ego. Peace brother!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

No I have to pay to take part in the group illusion called procurement. I could live of my own means and not have to pay for anything although my choice would be limited to what I could personally grow. It's not necessarily an option I would take but it is an option after all.

Everything we take part in, the whole society thing is a group illusion we assume to exist because we cannot see any other option then participation in it. It is more accurate to say we have a vested interest in maintaining the illusion that currently sustains us, we're so heavily invested in it that it's almost impossible to consider the consequences of change.

It's an illusion.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I've just stumbled across this forum and read most of what you have added here - I thought I'd give my experience of awakening and offer some answers to the points you've made.

Firstly, a lot of people say that a person who is enlightened would not admit to being so but let's not forget that the first thing Buddha said when his colleagues met him after sitting under the tree was "I am awake". An enlightened person knows that to awake is to realise there is no enlightenment nor lack of enlightenment - to think of one or the other is delusion however our delusion exists because we fail to notice something right in front of us. The burning question should be 'what do we fail to see?'

When Buddha sat beneath the tree his moment of awakening came when he saw Venus in the sky. Kasyapa became enlightened when he recognised something about the flower Buddha held at a sermon. Moses awakened when he saw something 'alight' in the bush and Jesus was enlightened during baptism when he noticed something different about the sky. All these people recognised something about the world that until that moment they had not - this is why enlightenment is instant and not a progression.

To discover what this is we simply need to think why did Buddha teach the four noble truths immediately after his enlightenment? The people he taught this to had practised with him for six-years and shared his struggle for understanding yet after telling them he is 'awake' we are led to believe he then a teaching about suffering and not enlightenment - is this what you would want to hear or would you be demanding rather excitedly that he explains how he awakened? The teaching of the Four Noble Truths is about enlightenment...

Buddha is in essence saying that because you do not have Right View you have delusion and therefore suffering. If you have read the Heart Sutra, Avalokita overcame illbeing (suffering) by realising that the body, our feelings and emotions are the same as emptiness. It is all about what you SEE and therefore books, teachers and rituals offer no help other than perhaps to alert you to the fact that you do not have right view. So what is right view?

If you have seen Soto Zen practitioners you will notice that they face a wall to meditate this is because their founder Bodhidharma realised that to the unawakened certain objects expressed something more clearly than others, something a wall manifests beautifully. Other Zen Masters, Taoist Sages, hermits and anchorites have pointed to trees, stones, clouds, sky, mountains and deserts in the hope we might notice a common trait shared by them all. The reason we are directed to such objects is that they are unmoving. When we look at them we notice that a cloud, a tree, a stone (seemingly unassociated objects) share a single presence, an expression that appears through their stillness.

The old testament mentions this many times particularly in the Psalms. "I am sanctified and holy, I shall not be moved" (in the presence of god I am still). The bible says 'Be still and know God'. The Tao Te Ching says "Returning to one's roots is known as stillness, this is what is meant by returning to one's destiny." Buddha told the Boddhisatvas in the Sutra of Complete Enlightenment to 'cultivate stillness.' Hinduim, Islam, the Patanjali and the Koran explain that the presence of God is in all things and that his voice is heard through silence and his plan becomes known through stillness.

In Buddhism we call it 'innate wisdom', other religions call it the 'word of God' - you hear it when silent. The way of the Tao, the original movement, the Holy Spirit, the Pure Land is right before you. The way of non-action (Wu Wei) is by following the action of the voice that guides you - one you 'know' as much as hear. When silent and still we begin to notice the presence of the One. The word 'Holy' comes from the Greek Holos - to make one.

There is no need to let go of ego. There is nothing to learn or unlearn. There is no 'self' stopping you from realising. All these things occur as a consequence of noticing the presence of One in all things - awakening to this is to realise that all 'things' are in fact one thing and here is why you begin to be less 'caring' - because nothing changes as all is one. A beautiful tree is IT, if the tree were on fire, it is IT expressed as a tree on fire, when you are left with ashes - IT is expressed as ashes. Nothing has changed because you no longer see difference instead you only see IT.

When Buddha saw Venus he noticed the presence of something and then saw it everywhere he looked. When Kasyapa saw the flower he noticed the expression it gave and at once 'knew'. The burning bush that spoke to Moses was not on fire but alight with the presence of IT. Jesus saw the same thing in the sky. Whatever you call IT, Tao, Zen, I am or God it is here, it is you, everywhere you look it is - there are no connections, no links - all is one.

How do I know? Because I noticed it too. Hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join