It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do you really want to achieve enlightenment?

page: 1
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A lot of people on this site, seem to enjoy the whole idea and staying on the road to possible enlightenment.
With some people im sure they genuinely wish to be enlightened but many others are simply adding the idea of the journey to their lives as nothing more than yet another "lifestlye choice". in otherwords it gives bored people or people who want to appear as interesting to others in their peer group something to talk about and base their identities on, which is irrelivent to me and i understand why peole want to live in this dilusional way.

Self help books are a billion dollar industry, generally telling people everything about themselves they already knew, but often forgot or didnt have the motivation to use these traits for "self improvement".
And so your book shelf is full and still you are no further to reaching enlightenment.
And for many this is irrelivent, the goal is not to reach enlightenment, afterall, what the hell would you do once you reached enlightenment? bang would go your identity as a mystical traveller, you would need to sell all your books and get a new set of friends.

So for those who really do want to be enlightened, I will tell you my experience.
I never read a book of any kind about any subject. This was because I knew by instinct that if there were a book or a teacher ever who had the answer to the meaning of life then everyone would know it and the world would be a utopia. knowing this, i rejected jesus, buddha and anyone else who people proclaim as saviours.
I meditated for years without realising what zen meditation was. i just knew instinctivley only I could awnser my own question.

then one day it hit me, out of the blue. the same feeling you get when you remember something you had forgotten all about. Exept a thousand times greater. You remember who you really are.
For those of you who have built an image for yourselves as mystic travellers and are convinced thats who you are, then the idea of waking up may be quite a disturbing one.
I understand people who want to stay asleep, believe me. I know whats it like to awaken, it took me a long time to reintergrate into daily life without seeing how deluded people around me are. Its not much fun seeing how everyone is living diluded lives and chasing an illusion to be happy. its not an easy place to be on the outside.
I now know who i am but have accepted that to live in society you need to play along, but atleast I know its all just a ridiculous game, but what else would I do otherwise...be a hermit in a cave.
edit on 8-5-2011 by splitlevel because: spelling mistakes




posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by splitlevel
 


Of course we want to all achieve it, we already know we live in a lie.
You say you have felt it but prefer ignorance? I think you are even blinder.

You left this gift for money, that what I see.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
reply to post by splitlevel
 


Of course we want to all achieve it, we already know we live in a lie.
You say you have felt it but prefer ignorance? I think you are even blinder.

You left this gift for money, that what I see.


No, it has nothing to do with money.
if everyone is deep in a delusion, or what some call the matrix, once you awaken its very difficult to relate to people again. Afterall you live in a world of people and its very lonley being the only one who can see things for what they are.
i tried explaining to some people, especially those I knew were in alot of mental pain, how to awaken, but they could not understand me or really they did not want to because what they seek is not enlightenment but the material world, and the idea of leaving what you know as yourself behind is scary to most people. Afterall you have know yourself your whole life, or you think you do. What you know to be yourself is not yourself, its just an illusion.

edit on 8-5-2011 by splitlevel because: spellings



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think most people don't know what enlightenment is sadly, which is why they always search for answers on this site or in books or youtube programs.

What most people are looking for is the "truth", or a purpose in life...which is the same as seeking fame, fortune, or any other obtainable materialistic state of mind to satisfy their ego, it's almost fruitless. The only way to truly be enlightened is to completely buy into your reality, whatever you choose it to be, and live in a world without question, judgment, or that moment of realization...which allows us to remember the past instead of living in the present.

And even if there was a universal truth, I doubt we would feel any better after knowing it. That's what makes our life worth living, we are completely free and only have to abide by what nature limits us (well that, and rich people on power trips).
edit on 8-5-2011 by Nostradumbass because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by splitlevel
 


Everybody is enlightened already from birth its just your not consciously aware of it... and the moment you tell someone they are enlightened it becomes true, if even only in a small part of their brain...

Enlightenment is not some mythical thing that exists in the woods, it just takes a little bit of knowledge and listening to the wisdom of many people, something that has been made much easier because of the Internet.

Oh, it's much easier (for me) to understand once I fully understood about language framing and patterns but that is off-topic.

Peace

PS the more I read the more I see how your language choices is blocking your subconscious from understanding although I've been wrong before

edit on 8-5-2011 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thats the reality of this. people who seek the truth, seek it by asking the question but they do not understand that the question is the barrier to the answer.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by splitlevel
 


Once you come to the realisation that you are no thing, you are all things.
Also that everyone puts their happieness on outside contitions, material success etc.
this in turn insures that people are miserable as even if they get part of their plans fullfilled they never get enough.
As king Solomon said "the eyes of man are never full"
Then what you do have in life always gets taken away from you one way or another and your back in a pit of dispair again.
Realisation also means seeing that all your happiness and sadness is simply in your head and you trigger these feelings because you believe sincerely that outside forces have controll over you mental state.
only you control your mental state.
edit on 8-5-2011 by splitlevel because: additional info

edit on 8-5-2011 by splitlevel because: spellings



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
reply to post by splitlevel
 


Everybody is enlightened already from birth its just your not consciously aware of it... and the moment you tell someone they are enlightened it becomes true, if even only in a small part of their brain...

Enlightenment is not some mythical thing that exists in the woods, it just takes a little bit of knowledge and listening to the wisdom of many people, something that has been made much easier because of the Internet.

Oh, it's much easier (for me) to understand once I fully understood about language framing and patterns but that is off-topic.

Peace

PS the more I read the more I see how your language choices is blocking your subconscious from understanding although I've been wrong before

edit on 8-5-2011 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)


I love when I see people talk about language. Tis true, once you understand how language effects the constant changing florescence that is consciousness, you can better control your own impulses and judgments.

You will find you communicate best when you don't "think with words" at all. Words should flow freely from your mouth if you are in a strong and constant state of mind....that's the beauty of our subconscious, we never really forget anything we've been taught.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by splitlevel
 


You obviously don't know what true, mystical, enlightenment really is. At least, there is not one word of indication of that in your ego-driven thread.

...And that is proof in itself.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm a little lost, OP. You did use a lot of words but you really didn't say anything.

Then you summed it up by saying you have to play the game. I totally disagree here. Yes, you do have to be functional in society but you can achieve that without completely buying into it. If being a hermit truly makes you happy then you'd do that, too.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nostradumbass

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
reply to post by splitlevel
 


Everybody is enlightened already from birth its just your not consciously aware of it... and the moment you tell someone they are enlightened it becomes true, if even only in a small part of their brain...

Enlightenment is not some mythical thing that exists in the woods, it just takes a little bit of knowledge and listening to the wisdom of many people, something that has been made much easier because of the Internet.

Oh, it's much easier (for me) to understand once I fully understood about language framing and patterns but that is off-topic.

Peace

PS the more I read the more I see how your language choices is blocking your subconscious from understanding although I've been wrong before

edit on 8-5-2011 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)


I love when I see people talk about language. Tis true, once you understand how language effects the constant changing florescence that is consciousness, you can better control your own impulses and judgments.


I hope I dont offend you as its not really my aim...but your words sound quite pretentious and if your insulted know its only your ego thats been insulted and not you. this is my point. the more you learn atually takes you further in the wrong direction.
how does a spider build its web? By learning from others -no. Like ive said before if a spider read a bunch of peoples opinions and directions its head would be full of confusion and not clarity. the spider would not know how to build its web, if it listened to theories, instead the spider would likley starve to death. Is this not what we see with human beings.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by splitlevel
A lot of people on this site, seem to enjoy the whole idea and staying on the road to possible enlightenment.
With some people im sure they genuinely wish to be enlightened but many others are simply adding the idea of the journey to their lives as nothing more than yet another "lifestlye choice". in otherwords it gives bored people or people who want to appear as interesting to others in their peer group something to talk about and base their identities on, which is irrelivent to me and i understand why peole want to live in this dilusional way.

Self help books are a billion dollar industry, generally telling people everything about themselves they already knew, but often forgot or didnt have the motivation to use these traits for "self improvement".
And so your book shelf is full and still you are no further to reaching enlightenment.
And for many this is irrelivent, the goal is not to reach enlightenment, afterall, what the hell would you do once you reached enlightenment? bang would go your identity as a mystical traveller, you would need to sell all your books and get a new set of friends.

So for those who really do want to be enlightened, I will tell you my experience.
I never read a book of any kind about any subject. This was because I knew by instinct that if there were a book or a teacher ever who had the answer to the meaning of life then everyone would know it and the world would be a utopia. knowing this, i rejected jesus, buddha and anyone else who people proclaim as saviours.
I meditated for years without realising what zen meditation was. i just knew instinctivley only I could awnser my own question.

then one day it hit me, out of the blue. the same feeling you get when you remember something you had forgotten all about. Exept a thousand times greater. You remember who you really are.
For those of you who have built an image for yourselves as mystic travellers and are convinced thats who you are, then the idea of waking up may be quite a disturbing one.
I understand people who want to stay asleep, believe me. I know whats it like to awaken, it took me a long time to reintergrate into daily life without seeing how deluded people around me are. Its not much fun seeing how everyone is living diluded lives and chasing an illusion to be happy. its not an easy place to be on the outside.
I now know who i am but have accepted that to live in society you need to play along, but atleast I know its all just a ridiculous game, but what else would I do otherwise...be a hermit in a cave.
edit on 8-5-2011 by splitlevel because: spelling mistakes


Did you found or recive your "talisman" alread? And no this is not a joke but a serious question...



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by splitlevel
 


You obviously don't know what true, mystical, enlightenment really is. At least, there is not one word of indication of that in your ego-driven thread.

...And that is proof in itself.

There is no mystical enlightenment, just enlightenment, its not somehting supernatural, your on the wrong track if your looking for majik.
As far as ego...yes i have an ego, but i know what it is and am able to have a good laugh at your poking at it.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   


i tried explaining to some people

Could you explain to us? What is your view of life? Your view of the bigger picture?



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by splitlevel

Originally posted by Nostradumbass

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
reply to post by splitlevel
 


Everybody is enlightened already from birth its just your not consciously aware of it... and the moment you tell someone they are enlightened it becomes true, if even only in a small part of their brain...

Enlightenment is not some mythical thing that exists in the woods, it just takes a little bit of knowledge and listening to the wisdom of many people, something that has been made much easier because of the Internet.

Oh, it's much easier (for me) to understand once I fully understood about language framing and patterns but that is off-topic.

Peace

PS the more I read the more I see how your language choices is blocking your subconscious from understanding although I've been wrong before

edit on 8-5-2011 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)


I love when I see people talk about language. Tis true, once you understand how language effects the constant changing florescence that is consciousness, you can better control your own impulses and judgments.


I hope I dont offend you as its not really my aim...but your words sound quite pretentious and if your insulted know its only your ego thats been insulted and not you. this is my point. the more you learn atually takes you further in the wrong direction.
how does a spider build its web? By learning from others -no. Like ive said before if a spider read a bunch of peoples opinions and directions its head would be full of confusion and not clarity. the spider would not know how to build its web, if it listened to theories, instead the spider would likley starve to death. Is this not what we see with human beings.


You think I came to conclusions because I read them in a book? I just know understanding the limitations and nuances of language helped me better get my perspective in order. We all take pages out of other peoples' books, or else you wouldn't be where you were today, you wouldn't even know how to speak English.

But I only listen to others theories, problems, and way of talking to better understand them, not to reformat my own reality. You have to be on a different levels to communicate with different people...if you live in your own reality, in this society anyway, you either get thrown into the loony bin or end up homeless.

I do still have an ego, but I embrace it and rarely feel threatened by someones else's words. If you want to experience the world on your own terms I would advise you to live in a monastery or somewhere else where you don't have to worry about society or your own survival. Because at the end of the day, enlightenment is just a possible path, it's no necessarily the "only" one.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am preparing my meal right now but will be back to awnser any questions in an 30 minutes.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Enlightment as I see it, is giving up the self, the easy way to Enligtment is renouncing the self, loosing of emotions, feelings, the self. So as I see it Enlightment comes at a cost. As I call it it's paying with the self to get enligtment like a product. Eventualy 100% enlighted people have no feelings at all, the contrary to the self "the spirit". I like to call it the forge, where the spirit melts away and out of it comes enlightment, knowlege.

There is a way to have bolth, the self and enligtment no easy way. It's where god steps in and becomes a teacher.
Fast enligtment is the work of men, and it's a fast way to perdition and mochery of the holy spirit.
As many people like Jesus said, the kingdom of god is inside of you, some consume it to gain enligtment, and it's gone forever.

edit on 8-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Enlightment as I see it, is giving up the self, the easy way to Enligtment is renouncing the self, loosing of emotions, feelings, the self. So as I see it Enlightment comes at a cost. As I call it it's paying with the self to get enligtment like a product. Eventualy 100% enlighted people have no feelings at all, the contrary to the self "the spirit". I like to call it the forge, where the spirit melts away and out of it comes enlightment, knowlege.

There is a way to have bolth, the self and enligtment no easy way. It's where god steps in and becomes a teacher.
Fast enligtment is the work of men, and it's a fast way to perdition and mochery of the holy spirit.
As many people like Jesus said, the kingdom of god is inside of you, some consume it to gain enligtment, and it's gone forever.

edit on 8-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)


Do you mean by "consuming enlightment" the act of "acting like or saying you are an enlighted person instead of keeping it something personal" ?
edit on 8-5-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   


Do you mean by "consuming enlightment" the act of "acting like or saying you are an enlighted person instead of keeping it something personal" ?

No, by consuming the self you get enlighment, it's you becoming more aware, but it's a very dangerous road.
Your body becomes more sensible. You can get sick fast, when winter comes you can even die if you are not prepared, not to mention you become more rigid, you lose your flexibility, your feelings, your care,. You give everything up. Imagine your are made of water on the inside, or ice, heat comes and melts away the ice or makes steam out of the water, the steam will enligten you but the water you had is gone forever and you can never get it back. Talking about it in real figures it's energy, the human is really like a battery as I view it. Converted energy, you lose energy, and you can kiss goodbye your nervous system, it go's down the drain also.

It's the term when they start saying "it's an illusion" it's why they say it, because they have no self and consider reallity to be an illusionary state of being because they can no longer cope with reality and apreciate it the way it is, the reality of things is once you get enlighted you don't care much anymore.

There is a road to enligment the proper way, where you get to keep your self. But that comes only if god has desired it for you, you keep your duality and walk on and gain enlightment. This means that you keep your self
and you get something from the outside without having to convert anything. Call it a gift.

Enlightment is converting your energy to expiriance but there is a very big price to pay. Everything costs in this universe and nothing is for free.

It's my opinion on enlightment, you may have a different one.
edit on 8-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78
 


So if I'm correct, when reaching enlightment, you will keep your "human duality" because you are STILL a human (but with better understanding of the "Whole"?), and not a god, superhuman or something like that?

regards




top topics



 
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join