It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention my caucasion brothers and sisters!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AmrikazNightmar3

Thank you and welcome .. Thats good to hear am the same way - by asking questions and learning new things we grow as human beings.. Learning is a lifelong process that continues long after one leaves school.. Even at my age am still learning new things..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Race is more than just the color of a person's skin or their other physical features. Race is also biological and cultural. So we are inherently different from one another and I would actually prefer it remain that way. But with the above said it is also important to note that there is 0 evidence that any race is naturally superior than the other. We may be different colors, cultures, ethnicity's, and religions but we are all equal.

A person should be viewed as an individual first and judged solely upon the heart and character of their person not the actions and thoughts of any collective. Just as every person is different every race, ethnicity, culture, and religion is different. And while some people may be a lot alike so too can the groups but none are ever identical in every way. Going by that just as we would never want to eradicate the differences among individuals so too we should never want to eradicate the differences among groups.

I am white and proud to be white. The OP is Native American and whether or not he is proud to be I will leave that up to him to say not me. But just because we are individually and collectively different both in skin color, ethnicity, culture, and presumably religion that does not mean we are not equals. He is deserving of the same rights, respect, and considerations as I would give to any other person.

What I am trying to say basically is that the character of a person should be based on the individual not a group. But the group serves as a form of collective identity which binds the people of that group together. And above the race, ethnicity, religion, and culture we are also all human which binds us all together in the end before the eyes of God.

Hopefully you get my point because I really do not know how to explain it better.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that every race thread has this in it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I was born a white person in Australia.. but don't think of myself as just Australian.. moreso I think of myself as just one member of this global community called human kind.

I've found the native people here can be very much more racist than most of the whites I have known, although there are exceptions of course. I tried to explain to some native australians that we all bleed red, we all desire the same things in life and so we must be the same underneath our skin... but they kept telling me I must hate them!

Go figure... if you treat all people the same then why do some still see divisions?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
I was born a white person in Australia.. but don't think of myself as just Australian.. moreso I think of myself as just one member of this global community called human kind.

I've found the native people here can be very much more racist than most of the whites I have known, although there are exceptions of course. I tried to explain to some native australians that we all bleed red, we all desire the same things in life and so we must be the same underneath our skin... but they kept telling me I must hate them!

Go figure... if you treat all people the same then why do some still see divisions?

Because they bleed more than their opressor. That is why. The question is not why do they resent, it is of who they resent.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
Because they bleed more than their opressor. That is why. The question is not why do they resent, it is of who they resent.

They resent white people, generally... even 200 years after the invasion began. Even when no one alive now is responsible in any way for the atrocities of the past.. they still resent.

They resent the government's Positive Discrimination Policy yet refuse to say No to all the free stuff.. housing, land, cars, hospitals, etc. And then go about destroying these necessary things. Then demand separate colleges, seperate councils, separate Laws even!!

This late in the game of life there are only two options open to these people.. educate and become a productive member of society, or, go live on the land as was done in the old times... an option I am not allowed to choose for myself as a white-skinned person.

I say one law, one support scheme for all People's no matter what colour the skin is.

It's time to pull down the walls, to end the separation and racism in order for all people to understand what Self-determination means.. and then go do it without complaint.

We cannot go back and fix what was destroyed, but together we can move forward.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have been saying it for a long time now. Since we vote for president based on race and skin color now, I say we vote in some Native Americans.

I am not saying that because I am 1/8th Cherokee, because you would think I was white if you looked at me.

I do not really believe in voting for someone based on race, but I figured it was a good point to prove how futile and backwards their racism truly is.

I believe the Native Americans are the only group more shunned and marginalized than whites.
(Here in the USA I mean).

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Truthfully nowadays there is only two real racial groups.

Green and Not-Green.

Green is money.

Not-Green is what we call "the poor masses".

Be prejudice, never agree to vote for "Green" again.

If that means you are left with no one to vote for? Than don't vote.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I am caucasian. I was also raised in a particular culture with others of different races. Yes, there are wars among the races but there are also many wars within races but from different cultures, and here, I believe, we can see that simply believing there are problems between the races overshadows the fact that we war amongst differing people regardless of color. World Wars One and Two in Europe were between the same races if you consider caucasian to be only one race, or you can differ and say Germanic vs Anglo, Frank, Semetic.... and so on. And when we celebrate battles that happened in the Crusades, or the Orange parades in Ireland, or the Slavs over the Turks in the 1200s that hardly went over well during the recent wars there... our long memories, while important to our cultures, is often a slap in the face still celebrated so many centuries later. How can we get along if we live in the past? We have all done wrong. African-Americans get mad at Caucasians because of slavery but seem to forget that slavery STILL happens in Africa between existing tribes! And while there are many Muslim Africans, there were also the famous Arab Slave Traders! I have had very good friends from many races. I try to judge by character and mindset, not color. There is an old saying about all politics being local, but I think we also have multiple levels of tribalism at a local level too. While a Hispanic might have trouble with an African-American in the US, take it up a level and they will defend each other as Americans against outsiders, as an example. And if there were Aliens attacking our planet, we would stick together (one would hope) as Humans. Or there can be different gangs of different cultures/races fighting over different city blocks or areas. We all want better lives. We all want to be treated with respect. Judging by color is foolish and narrow minded and only serves to show the weaknesses in ourselves, not the other person. When Hutus kill Tutsi, both lose. When Japanese killed Chinese, both lose. It only creates hatred that lasts far beyond the lifetime of anyone who was either a victim or a cause of the problem and then people who were completely innocent still get blamed. Here in the US some African-Americans want money because their ancestors were slaves. How silly. I didn't enslave them, but my taxes should go to pay someone who was never a slave? Nor his/her parent, or their parent or their parent? Let go of the past. Live in the present. Judge by character and intent and behavior. Learn to get along and we can move forward together without rancor and finger pointing for long past deeds simply as the Human Race.

edit on 9-5-2011 by jaxnmarko because: spelling and punctuation

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I think that as individuals the vast majority of people have no problem seeing past race. It is when people are grouped together that racial politics comes into play and racial lines are drawn. This is very unfortunate.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'd like to thank everyone for their insight. It doesn't fall upon deaf ears.

It seems all of you feel the same, on some level. Some retain pride for their race. Good for you! Misoir, you left me the option of telling you if I had pride for my race. It's not an issue to me. I just am. At least, that's how I should think. Most of you told me, we should judge others based upon what remains in a person's heart/soul (or something to that effect.) I don't know that I'd want to judge at all. Nevertheless, I hope all of you have a great day today my fellow brothers and sisters!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm always double posting.... I'm sorry.

edit on 9-5-2011 by AmrikazNightmar3 because: Double post

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And when I said, "Let's look beyond race", I'm not saying don't identify with it at all. I was merely saying, look on a broader scale, as human beings, and love one another.

I hate to sound preachful, but that was the original message. I'm sure you all grasped that, I'm just clarifying.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just to clarify my post, I didn't mean "judge" in the harsh sense, I just meant if you want to tell the kind of person they are, you can't tell by how they dress or how much money they have......you have to look at a person's heart or spirit. All the money and glitzy clothes in the world can't hide the fact that a person is greedy and selfish.....just as the homeless person wearing dirty clothes can be the kindest person you ever met. Ugggh I am having a hard time expressing what I want to say, but I hope you get the general idea. I definitely believe in "live and let live"....as long as you don't harm others.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'm glad you took the time to clarify that for me and I do understand what your saying. You're right. "Don't judge a book by it's cover", comes to mind.

Thanks, and take care!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That's it!

Exactly what I was trying to say!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join