It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctum - FPS/TD Hybrid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Quite the interesting blend of a First person shooter game with tower defense set providing both single player and multiplayer components. I will first say though that multiplayer will certainly give you a run for it's money especially on the so called "Casual" difficulty which is anything but. Despite being quite the gamer (and with a friend who is one as well) we could not get past wave 10 on casual whereas on Single player you could beat it quite easily. So in that respects your mind will get a work out on how to plan and coordinate your defenses with friends. I would recommend getting skype and running that while playing as it is what we did to keep in contact

The game itself is 15.00 on Steam and like I stated before is quite addictive and can last quite a while (took us 40 minutes or so to get to wave 10 and before we know it we had sunk at least 10 hours into the game just trying to get past that wave on all three maps). The developers themselves have commented on it and are planning to do some tweaking on the system in the hopes of just giving more money instead of toning down the monsters as I love a challenge. The developers have also gone on to say that they are preparing their first dlc which will be free which will come in the form of a new map and some tweaks (not sure what else as I have not been following too closely but do know that much).

So if you a fan of either or and have a pc powerful enough to run it be sure to look into this game as it quite fun

forums.steampowered.com... - Stream forums [Sanctum]
sanctum.wikia.com... - Sanctum game wiki

I thought I had some recorded footage on Justin.tv but apparently not so I shall have to leave a youtube video

www.youtube.com... - Just a random clip

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Quite the interesting blend of a First person shooter game with tower defense set providing both single player and multiplayer components. I will first say though that multiplayer will certainly give you a run for it's money especially on the so called "Casual" difficulty which is anything but. Despite being quite the gamer (and with a friend who is one as well) we could not get past wave 10 on casual whereas on Single player you could beat it quite easily. So in that respects your mind will get a work out on how to plan and coordinate your defenses with friends. I would recommend getting skype and running that while playing as it is what we did to keep in contact

The game itself is 15.00 on Steam and like I stated before is quite addictive and can last quite a while (took us 40 minutes or so to get to wave 10 and before we know it we had sunk at least 10 hours into the game just trying to get past that wave on all three maps). The developers themselves have commented on it and are planning to do some tweaking on the system in the hopes of just giving more money instead of toning down the monsters as I love a challenge. The developers have also gone on to say that they are preparing their first dlc which will be free which will come in the form of a new map and some tweaks (not sure what else as I have not been following too closely but do know that much).

So if you a fan of either or and have a pc powerful enough to run it be sure to look into this game as it quite fun

forums.steampowered.com... - Stream forums [Sanctum]
sanctum.wikia.com... - Sanctum game wiki

I thought I had some recorded footage on Justin.tv but apparently not so I shall have to leave a youtube video

www.youtube.com... - Just a random clip

Seems like a pretty cool game, I'll definitely check it out after my exams.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for bring this to my attention, I love TD games there so addictive and the fps aspect of this will mix things up abit.
Cant wait to try it out.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Glad you all are interested in the game it is quite addictive and has a nice blend of both as stated. The developers as well seem to enjoy communicating with the players as well if you ever had a question on the steam forums or left feedback they respond almost instantly it seems. Hope you all will get as much and more enjoyment out of it as I have despite the casual difficulty being a "lie" of sorts

top topics

join