It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How soon we forget.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here’s a thought…..considering Obama and McCain were only running for the office of president they would not have been in the loop and therefore would not have been told that Osama had already been dispatched.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

The rumor is no virgins for him as the force that got him soaked their bullets in a pigs blood solution...... just a rumor bahahahahah!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by baddmove

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the discussion and decision to not capture but kill him was made.

I agree with this. It is a public office that they hold yet these kinds of discussions are held secret LOOONG after the job has been done. It makes for a private office and one that is very questionable. He wasn't after justice because in America you have the right to an attorney right? Well at least thats what I thought was the law......apparently they can hunt you down no matter where you are in the world and kill you no matter what laws you may be under. Must be nice to be so Invincible!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well it took months of surveillance,
weeks training in a mock up of the compound,
at least 4 helicopters
79 navy seals and Rin Tin Tin...

But they still couldn't take an unarmed geriatric alive...

I guess that shows you what their intentions were..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The rule of law should apply otherwise we are no better than those who wish to destroy our society.

Unfortunately in this instance you are dealing with Bin Laden, which raises a problem.

You know only too well how people of a certain religious persuasion react when they get upset over caricatures of their most sacred prophet, can you imagine what would happen worldwide when the ‘followers of Bin Laden’ discovered he was a prisoner?

I don’t know for a fact that there would have been indiscriminate beheadings on a daily basis of if there would have been indiscriminate bombings in every major city in the west, but I certainly would not be prepared to take the risk. This one could not be taken alive, the danger of serious repercussions would just have added to his infamy.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf”.
George Orwell

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Interesting perspective.
I wonder how many really were in "the know?"

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I really think that the people behind the scenes ordered the kill. I mean if Osama went to trial imagine the answers he could have give... "I did 9/11... but what happened to building 7??" "why were the cars melted a fair distance away??" It would have been the greatest trial since Garrison did his BACK AND TO THE LEFT BACK AND TO THE LEFT defence. Osama on trial would have been a liability to the elite. So they killed him... shot him in the head... FRONT AND TO THE RIGHT FRONT AND TO THE RIGHT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join