It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Appeal of Apocalyptic and other Doom’s Day Styled Predictions and Prophecies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

Really? Need I Say More... I sold

Boredom Boredom Umum, Badum Badum- Pete Shelley/Buzzcocks

Obviously he needs a dose of reality...

And the reality I am talking about is that "he doesn't know everything".

But obviously he thinks he does... and then he hides behind pretty words trying to sound all wise and all knowing...

If he would start talking/writing like a normal person maybe he would realize he doesn't know everything, but i could be mistaken.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Please you have done more anti-communist and pro-Zionist posting than I care to remember suffering reading, who are you trying to kid my friend.

It cracks me up when people first have to misrepresent the poster they are in disagreement with and then themselves to try to make their arguments.

Rational people could simply agree to disagree in the civil spirit that the site struggles to promote.

When it comes to the circular faith based logic of the devoutly religious, rationality and civility are often discarded.

Nice try, no sale.

Proto knows better.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

My emperical data is amassed in one of the most significant and sweeping threads that has ever been published on this web site or any other.

Talk about needing a dose of humility...

Phew, Proto you just showed your ego knows no boundaries...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

What the hell does communism have to do with this thread?...

Now I know you are out of your mind...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Once again here is the funny thing, what I know or don't know has absolutely nothing to do with what you know and can prove.

As I have said you will find many essays by academics, historians and scholars on the phonemenom of prophecies and predictions.

The ad-hominem attacks have never been know to silence or deter me here on ATS.

Or influence my opinion.

I consider them the products of uninventive and simple minds.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

But you can't deny the increase of earth quakes?Yes,we've always had earth quakes and bad weather but it's getting worse...

There seems to be a connection with the sun cycles and earthquakes/volcanoes.

Piers Corbyn, astrophysicist of WeatherAction.com long range weather & climate forecasters today announced important findings connecting solar-lunar effects on earthquakes and volcanoes...

J. Ind. Geophys. U nion ( October 2005 )
Vol.9, No.4, pp.263-276
Planetary Configuration: Implications for Earthquake
Prediction and Occurrence in Southern Peninsular India
N .Venkatanathan, N .Rajeshwara Rao, K.K.Sharma and P.Periakali
D epartment of Applied Geology, U niversity of M adras, School of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences,
Guindy Campus, A.C.College Buildings, Chennai – 600 025
E.m ai l:physi [email protected] ,physi cs16972@gm ai l.com

ABSTRACT

Though there have been several attempts at earthquake prediction from different perspectives, this attempt aims at establishing planetary configurations as a definitive means of earthquake prediction.

When two or more planets, Sun and Moon are aligned more or less in line (0o or 180o) with the Earth, then the Earth would be caught in the middle of a huge gravity struggle between the Sun and the planets. The gravitational stresses would change the speed of the Earth in its orbit and when the speed of rotation of the earth changes the tectonic plate motion also gets affected.

The total angular momentum of planets involved in earthquake triggering mechanism can be calculated and the total force acting at the epicenter in a direction opposite to that of the earth’s rotation can also be determined. At the epicenter, the speed of rotation of the earth can be calculated with the help of available software. So the planetary forces in the opposite direction to the rotation of earth act as a triggering mechanism for the accumulated stress at faults and plate boundaries to be released abruptly.

This does not, however, mean that earthquakes will occur at all edges of the plate boundaries. Two of the parameters contributing to the triggering of an earthquake at a place are a) distance of epicenter from the planet position and b) direction of force acting at the possible epicenter. From the analysis of “ significant earthquakes” over the past 100 years from all over the world and from Southern Peninsular India, the relationship between (i) latitude, longitude, and magnitude of the tremor and (ii) distance from the planet and direction of forces acting at any point can be inferred.

Such inferences already made for different localities in other parts of world have unfolded an accuracy of more than 75% with regard to earthquake prediction.

www.scribd.com...

Back in 1965 Paul Jose was one of the first to link solar modulation with planetary movements. He discovered that the planets roughly returned to the same position every 178.8 years

Sun’s Motion and Sunspot Cycles: Dr. Paul D. Jose:

THE SOLAR WOLF-GLEISSBERG CYCLE AND ITS INFLUENCE ON THE
EARTH
Shahinaz M. Yousef
Astronomy &Meteorology Dept.
Faculty of Science -Cairo University

....Solar variations can be of the order of 11-yr. sunspot cycle, the 22-yr. oscillations in the solar polar magnetic field. A longer variation of roughly 80-yr.(Krivsky 1995, Hoyt and Schatten 1997), referred to as the Wolf-Gleissberg cycle. As far as long periodicities are concerned, proxy data help build up arather stronger case for the 80 to 90 year and 180 to 200 year cycles(Burroughs 1992). Carbon-14, which responds to solar variations, has reported cycle of around 200 years. This same cycle also hows up in such other climate proxies as the oxygen-18/oxygen-16 ratio used to measure oceanic temperatures ,and tree-rings, which respond to precipitation and temperature. These results suggests sun/climate connection( Hoyt and Schatten 1997).... www.virtualacademia.com...

In other words those who have been thinking outside the "Global Warming Hysteria box" have made some very interesting connections between planetary configurations, sun cycles and weather/events on earth. They have been expecting and predicting low solar activity, cooler weather and an increase in earthquakes/volcanoes. Since both Landersheit and Carl Smith are dead they could not change their "predictions" Carl Smith took Dr Jose's work a step further.
edit on 9-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: Added last paragraph

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ooookay, I think there is only enough room for Proto's ego in this thread.

Keep stroking it my friend, you have really proven nothing but the size of your ego.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Actually the statistical data speaks for itself on that accord. While you might seek to denigrate that because you actually have no sound argument to offer, and hope that some how you can bully your way through a debate, it's a ludicrous belief that you could.

This humility you speak of is in fact another religious construct.

I choose not to diminish my own personal power and options for any God, king or country.

Amazing huh!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

What the hell does communism have to do with this thread?...

Now I know you are out of your mind...

Most anti-Communists are devoutly religious, in fact religion made great inroads into government during the Cold War as a construct to diferentiate between our system and "Godless Commies"

Now I know you are poorly read!

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

My emperical data is amassed in one of the most significant and sweeping threads that has ever been published on this web site or any other.

By the way the constant ad-hominem attacks don't really make for sound arguments but display a lack of one, and is really just a militant and angry form of proselytizing, that becomes all the more baseless when it's sockpuppets with a singular focus of interest making those.

Thanks for posting.

Please except my apology. I was completely unaware of who/what I was dealing.

Honestly, please take this link as a gesture of goodwill and a symbol of my hope that you find what you are seeking and/or NEED.

Mayo Clinic Link:

t

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Ooookay, I think there is only enough room for Proto's ego in this thread.

Keep stroking it my friend, you have really proven nothing but the size of your ego.

I wouldn't confuse self confidence with ego or arrogance my friend.

Why don't you take a little break and consult one of those two thousand year old books to see if you can learn the difference.

Thanks for trying to derail the thread!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
---double post---

edit on 9-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

You are very, very right. And btw, to show that even scientists are making predictions....

SCIENCE WITHOUT BORDERS. Transactions of the International Academy of Science H & E.
Vol.3. 2007/2008, SWB, Innsbruck, 2008 ISBN 978-9952-451-01-6 ISSN 2070-0334
ABOUT POSSIBLE INFLUENCE OF SOLAR ACTIVITY UPON SEISMIC AND VOLCANIC ACTIVITIES: LONG-TERM FORECAST

*Khain V.E., **Khalilov E.N.
*Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov,
**International Academy of Science H&E (Austria, Innsbruck)

It has been determined that in the period of solar activity increase (11-year
cycles) there increase seismic and volcanic activities in the compression zone of
Earth and at the same time there decreases the activity in the tension zones of Earth.
On the basis of the discovered stable 11-year and 22-year cyclicalities in the seismic and volcanic activities and their high correlation with solar activity there has been made the long-term forecast until 2018. The next maximum of seismic and volcanic activity with very high amplitude for the compression zones of Earth is forecasted for the period 2012-2015.

www.khalilov.biz...

BTW, if you want to know who Elchin Khalilov (Khalilov E.N.) is here are a few facts that anyone can corroborate...

Dr.Prof. Elchin Khalilov (Azerbaijani: Elçin Xəlilov (born On April, 26th 1959, Baku, Azerbaijan) is a famous scientist in the sphere of geodynamics, seismology and tectonics.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Cute, as a matter of fact your original post in the thread makes it clear you know who you are dealing with, have an agenda and axe to grind, most likely through the use of multiple accounts.

How's that working out for you by the way.

Anyway the thread is about Understanding the Appeal of Apocalytic and other Doom's Day Styled Predictions and Prophecies.

And while I remain one of the most discussed topics here on ATS for some reason, and the focus of all kinds of suspect attention, much of it rancarous and dubious in it's origins and reasons, I invite you to post on topic.

I stand by my work, while keeping an open mind for other relevant facts.

Your very poor assessment of the situation in the Middle East demonstrates facts are something you don't really have any of.

Should you accidently stumble into one, please do feel free to share it.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Most anti-Communists are devoutly religious, in fact religion made great inroads into government during the Cold War as a construct to diferentiate between our system and "Godless Commies"

Now I know you are poorly read!

Thanks.

Okay, so you are claiming that all atheists are communists?...

The more you write, the more we can see that you really don't know what you are saying.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Based on scientific data and observation attributed to real elements not imaginary notions of god.

Yes trends and predictions based on science do often come true, however this is not what we are talking about, but rather as the thread title really does specify.

UNDERSTANDING THE APPEAL OF APOCALYTIC AND OTHER DOOMES DAY STYLE PREDICTIONS AND PROPHECIES.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The more you write the more we can see you don't mean what you are saying.

Since you stated you would be leaving the thread, but are so mesmerized by my personality you can't seem to pull away.

Topic is Understanding the Appeal of Apocalpytic and other Doom's Day Styled Predictions and Prophecies.

Feel free to post on topic any time now.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

humm, was i responding to you? Are all ATS members now called ProtoplasmicTraveler?

First, I am pretty sure I was responding to someone else. Second, there are other scientists who say even that sort of prediction cannot be made, and btw that time frame fits in with other non-scientific predictions as well, but i guess that escaped the all knowing ProtoplasmicTraveler.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Your very poor assessment of the situation in the Middle East demonstrates facts are something you don't really have any of.

Say WHAT? Middle HuH??

It's late, please do not forget to kiss your mom goodnight before your nightly ritual of flexing in front of the mirror.

But seriously, how/why should you be taken seriously? Do you re-read your posts before posting or just shoot them out?

I am not one to pick an argument, but rarely back down on principle.

Thanks for the banter,

but still no regards,

t

PS there is absolutely NOTHING "Cute" about the link I offered you. deal

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Seriously, this guy hasn't posted ONE SHRED OF PROOF...all he has done is made claims in which he claims "is the truth and the only way"... Then he has the gall to demean religious people when it seems he has created his own religion around himself...

For crying out loud Proto, learn some humility, and learn to speak and write like normal people.
edit on 10-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join