It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Appeal of Apocalyptic and other Doom’s Day Styled Predictions and Prophecies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread. Just the original post. I find it interesting that you preclude the probability of a failure of a form of civilization and then point to history and logic as a guiding light.
When history, and logic both bear out the ever increasing probability of a failure of western civilization.

Populations that do not cap, are forced into internal confrontation and competition. When this competition reaches a stalemate or a zenith, it either implodes or explodes.
While implosions are mostly self contained, one single explosion of significant size can inspire and even cause further competition in what were unconnected populations.

This is even more evident if you look at the past 4 months in the middle east. 1 minor explosion of confrontation ignited a half dozen. Those half dozen ignited another half dozen or so and out of the dozen only 2-3 have done anything other than implode. Those that haven't imploded have already begun drawing in resources from external sources.

How long can multiple outside sources sustain one of these explosions in an attempt to contain it? I don't know.
I'm curious about it.

I think that your post is a little in danger of being self aggrandizing and a little vain. Your obvious sentiments of intellectual superiority almost smack the reader in the face. At the same time, you over simplify your own premise to the point that it almost seems like you have decided all by yourself, that there is nothing new that can happen. That everything that could happen, has already happened, and we are in "the sweet spot" and would remain so if it wasn't for all these "dumb" people who believe anything they hear. Well, I'd argue you are just parroting a point you have heard from someone you trust is smarter than you.

I'm a skeptic, almost a cynic even. But I know for certain, that I do not know for certain, Everything. So I leave my mind open to observe honestly, and humbly. You know, just in case I'm not as smart as you think you are.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

As someone who was brought into an awareness of the Reality of prophecy via a number of dreams that came true within a short space of time...

Are there "weird" things happening???

I am afraid, based on personal experience, that I would have to, very reluctantly, agree.

1. Watching three Rome Air force jets scrambled to chase a VERY FAST UFO that made abrupt right angle turns at full speed. Darnest display I have ever seen. That UFO played with those jets for about 15 minutes or more before it took off like a scared rabbit leaving the jets looking like snails on a slow day.

2. Dreaming of my horse tossing me over a bridge into on-coming traffic. Two days later following a friend on a trail ride I never rode before, I came upon the bridge, dismounted and as I lead the horse, an X-racing Thoroughbred, across that bridge he was spooked and reared to full height, almost going over backwards over the guard rail.... I think my dangling on the end of the reins are the only reason he stayed upright. (I now HATE bridges)

3. My physicist hubby telling me at breakfast of a dream of slipping on a leaf covered patch of Ice and falling over a cliff. That afternoon he walked up to a spot brushed away the leaves and there was the patch of slanting ice, a small frozen stream really, going all the way over the cliff edge about five feet away. (We were rigging ropes to repel over the cliff so were walking very near the edge)

Prophetic dreams??? Coincidences that stick in the brain??? Darned if I know but we both would be dead without those dreams.

4. Predicting that my plant would be shut down in 12 months the same day Personnel was given advanced notice of the shut down. It drove upper management nuts trying to find out where the leak was
No leak just paying attention to the amount of product being shipped and the fact a new plant in the south had just been opened and was now supplying the customers we no longer were.

However I would say about 99% of the Prophecies are crap unless like number four they are based on information the brain has noticed, perhaps sub-consciously, and puts all the pieces together while in the dream state.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Maybe it's evolution we're experiencing?

But you can't deny the increase of earth quakes?Yes,we've always had earth quakes and bad weather but it's getting worse and I think that's another reason why people think that we're in the "end times".

The chances of a huge earthquake taking out a whole country have gone up as of late.Check out the statistics!

That added with prophecies from the bible(the thing we were taught was the word of God) has people thinking these things are true.

That's why it's such a popular topic lately.That's why there are holy wars right now as we speak.While we sit at our computers debating whether or not dooms day is just talk or not!

Personally I couldn't tell you.But when there are wars over it,it does makes you wonder.OR when you see things happening that were predicted in the bible like how Satan will take over and you will bear the mark of the beast..like that chip they speak of.And you don't have to look to hard to see the devil's hand in it all..peace!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

Sadly many consider the rebellions in the Mid East to not be about population capping but rather, instead the CIA and the Department of Defense using psyops and the Internet to manipulate mass opinion, and set up covert revolutionary elements in these societies.

There is much evidence for this. The HB Gary Emails hacked by Anonymous detailing how the soft ware works, the President of the United States admitting that he has months ago established Presidential findings, autocractic decrees to set the CIA in motion, to assist in distabilizing targeted regimes, as well as the US Army's Psyops mission statements.

This is a far more likely scenario since there is far more evidence for that.

As far as the rest of your post, it really is just an ad-hominem attack that has nothing to do with the content or validity of the opening post, so forgive for me for not taking the bait, and responding to these attempts at slander.

Thanks for commenting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Typical, when you can't defend your demeaning behavior claim that others are attacking you.

I presented evidence, all you did was claim "many researchers, historians and scholars agree with ProtoplasmicTraveler "... As if that proves anything at all...or even that what you said is true...

Many historians, researchers and scholars also agreed once that the Earth was flat and that it was the center of the Universe and the Sun revolved around the Earth as well as everything else in space... i guess they were right according to you...

edit on 9-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Typical, when you can't defend your demeaning behavior claim that others are attacking you.

I presented evidence, all you did was claim "many researchers, historians and scholars agree with me"... As if that proves anything at all...

Many historians, researchers and scholars also agreed once that the Earth was flat... i guess they were right according to you...

The opening post as well as your posts speak for themselves. I invite you to do some research on what the academic community has to say about the prediliction of some to embrace predictions and prophecies.

There is a wealth of research on the phenomenom out there.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Many believe and with good reason to, that the Powers that Be are manipulating events to mimick biblical prophecy to lull and decieve the religious masses.

Considering it is a huge banking and oil cartel aligned with a huge out of control military industrial complex that is driving the bulk of these events many find strong evidence for that.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The opening post as well as your posts speak for themselves. I invite you to do some research on what the academic community has to say about the prediliction of some to embrace predictions and prophecies.

There is a wealth of research on the phenomenom out there.

Thanks.

No one said anything about embracing predictions, but you are completely closed minded to the fact that many have come true... and btw, there is a wealth of information on the phenomenon that many prophecies have come true...

No one in their right mind would embrace every prediction out there, but you, alongside many other people, want to claim no prediction ever come true when the facts say the contrary.

BTW, there are also researchers who claim people of black skin are less intelligent than other races, and they show a plethora of what they call "proof". There are researchers who claim women are less intelligent than men, or men less intelligent than women, etc, etc, etc... Just because "some researchers and scholars" claim something, doesn't make it true...

You should have learnt that by now.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I haven't seen one prediction on ATS come true.

Deflecting to other unrelated topics won't change that.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I haven't seen one prediction on ATS come true.

Deflecting to other unrelated topics won't change that.

Thanks.

Of course you haven't, because you haven't done any real research at least concerning this topic, and you make wild assumptions claiming what you say must be true and nothing else could really happen.

Has it occurred to you that the reason predictions, even biblical ones, are coming true is because these predictions are right?...

Of course not right?... Protoplasmic Traveler knows better than anyone else...

BTW Sherlock I gave a couple of examples with links of some of the predictions that have come to pass.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Let me give you a freebe.

posted on 12-4-2004 @ 10:17 AM
The next use on a "battlefield" of an atomic bomb will be done by North Korea, according to him it will be detonated in the North Korean peninsula. He also said the bomb is already in place in the Korean peninsula not far north from the DMZ. A bigger war would ensue but because a big natural event the war will not go too far.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I gave links to others with proof, which you obviously didn't check because of your disdain towards this topic, and because of your very closed mind.

The first part of that prediction came to pass not too long after I posted that prediction. ( in fact that was the first time that they mentioned this would happen, in 2006 again Ed said the remote viewers still saw this happening) and it was about a couple weeks later that the first test was done)

Several others came to pass and I gave links to them showing proof.

edit on 9-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

He also mentioned that the Sun's activity would increase, and that one of the first precursors before the so called "Kill-shot" would be the "shot accross the bow",...

He blew it there we are going in the opposite direction, the Eddy/Landscheidt Minimum

Landscheidt minimum is here — a new Dalton is indicated

All the indicators are that the Landscheidt minimum is here and that this is going to be close to a Dalton minimum.

2010/12/20 8:00 Five Days in a row spotless is achieved 12 months after solar cycle 24 began it’s ramp up.

A Dalton Minimum Repeat is Shaping Up... ktwop.wordpress.com...

Sunspot count (various methods) www.landscheidt.info.../50

April 14, 2011: If you've ever stood in front of a hot stove, watching a pot of water and waiting impatiently for it to boil, you know what it feels like to be a solar physicist.

Back in 2008, the solar cycle plunged into the deepest minimum in nearly a century. Sunspots all but vanished, solar flares subsided, and the sun was eerily quiet.

"Ever since, we've been waiting for solar activity to pick up," says Richard Fisher, head of the Heliophysics Division at NASA Headquarters in Washington DC. "It's been three long years."

...This particular solar minimum, however, was lasting longer than usual, prompting some researchers to wonder if it would ever end.

... The pot is starting to boil. "Finally," says Fisher, "we are beginning to see some action."

science.nasa.gov...

The NASA Chart shows a value of just over fifty with a current predicted max well under 100.

This is a major change from the original NASA prediction of a max over 150 occurring in 2010. OOPS graph

Looks like your buddy should have listened to Dr Landscheidt, Geissberg, or Shahinaz M. Yousef, Astronomy &Meteorology Dept. Faculty of Science -Cairo University

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

No I it's occured to me that the Powers that Be are manipulating events to mimick biblical prophecy, which I have compiled compelling evidence for and written extensively about here on ATS.

Nor are these prophecies appearing to come true.

In fact there has hardly been a generation in thousands of years who haven't believed that the world was about to end and the anti-christ was about to appear, often naming Presidents, Kings, Popes etc as the suspected anti-Christ.

These vague prophecies are in fact for the most part so vague that every generation swears up and down they are about to come true.

And are in the process of coming true.

I get that you are religious, but stating that predictiosn are coming true and being able to point specifically to them coming true by naming individual occurences are two different things.

Of course we also have the phenomenom of people reinterpeting prophecies to pretend that they are coming true.

Some vague prophecy in the bible really meant this or really meant that.

We see it occur here on ATS all the time, was the Gulf Oil spill this, was the Japan Earthquake that, was Katrina this, was Swine Flu that.

All based on insisting that words that did not specifically say those things would happen, can be made to say those things would happen when in fact they can't.

It's really a rather suspect practice.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

He blew it there we are going in the opposite direction, the Eddy/Landscheidt Minimum

Actually he didn't, because he had been talking about this before 2003, and on October 2003 there was the largest flare ever recorded which missed Earth.

In fact the scale had to be revised because the flare was more powerful than anything we had seen so far. It was at first said to be an X 28 flare, later it was upgraded to a level X 45 flare which missed Earth.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Just so you can better understand I view your posts on this thread simply as a form of proselytizing to reinforce your own religious beliefs by insisting others must see them as valid and accept them.

Certainly you should know that’s more about propping up the boundaries of your own reality and has absolutely no chance at effecting the constructs or view of mine.

You are in essence simply trying to convince yourself of something and things you know full well many don’t believe in or subscribe too.

This becomes evident when you do it to the point of ad nauseam and the demeanor and attitude displayed in the attempt.

Far more logical and earthly reasons are involved in all things that people try to ascribe to religious prophecy.

One should also consider that the Skull and Bones 322 are tasked with making world events mimic Biblical Prophecy and are in positions of power and influence within Government, Media, the Intelligence Agencies, the Military, and Banking and Industry to effectively do that.

In one of the huge ironies of the world, these scriptures actually teach people such as yourself to embrace this vile form of sadism being visited on you as some divine and righteous thing.

There are real dangers and real drawbacks for those who subscribe to these things as a result, and for the rest of us, as a large group of religious minded people that make the political power base these people rely on to gain and maintain power to prosper and control and march the world to a one world authoritarian government by getting the religious to embrace the march by making it mimic biblical prophecy.

The evidence for this is so significant that those that ignore it often are either religious fundamentalists or people hopelessly mired in the left/right political divide or both.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Wrong, wrong, wrong... First of all I am not religious, but I know that things occur which can't really all be explained by science.

And again, just because there are prophecies that don't come true it doesn't mean all, or most prophecies will not come true.

There are conspiracy theories which are all conjecture, but does that mean they all are conjecture?...

There are ufo cases which are fake, others are just misunderstood events, but there are also real sightings, and real evidence to several cases being the real deal.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I guess now somebody should write a new thread: "Understanding The Appeal Of Mental Masturbation & The Delusions That You Are Somehow More Knowing..."

Let me ask you, the all knowings, that since nothing apocalyptic will happen; just one question. WHERE IS YOUR EMPIRICAL DATA???

I agree with you to a point, there are entirely too many threads/posts claiming gloom and doom but I am not logging onto some Mickey Mouse Bullsh*t website to be spoon fed my information, I am on ATS to read what I want and use my ability to make my own god-damn mind up on what is and what is not.

Thanks for your opinion and glad all your buddies could chime in to give you that warm fuzzy feeling that you are some how more knowing.

Words from someone entirely more wise than us...

"I do not say think as I think, but think in my way. Fear no shadows, least of all in that great spectre of personal unhappiness which binds half the world to orthodoxy." - Thomas H. Huxley

No Regards,

t

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The evidence for this is so significant that those that ignore it often are either religious fundamentalists or people hopelessly mired in the left/right political divide or both.

Really? Need I Say More... I sold

Boredom Boredom Umum, Badum Badum- Pete Shelley/Buzzcocks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

My emperical data is amassed in one of the most significant and sweeping threads that has ever been published on this web site or any other.

By the way the constant ad-hominem attacks don't really make for sound arguments but display a lack of one, and is really just a militant and angry form of proselytizing, that becomes all the more baseless when it's sockpuppets with a singular focus of interest making those.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

By the way I always know I have hit an exposed, raw and weak nerve when my original posts bring about these kind of negative and personal based attacks.

I think most objective minded posters would agree.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join