It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Appeal of Apocalyptic and other Doom’s Day Styled Predictions and Prophecies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Obviously you used a lot of time to come with this thread, which again shows that you, like many other skeptics for some reason keep being drawn to this forum and topic.

I think it would be great if more members put time, real thought, and real research into their threads. It's often one of the things missing from the vast majority of the predictions and prophecies threads.

Not to mention many others on ATS, do you really want to go there?

But then again, why would someone who keeps being drawn to a topic they don't like post such long a thread trying to over-analize that which you yourself can't understand, and don't want to accept as a possibility?

Typical fear mongering. Why would someone?

You could have read the thread and found out instead of rushing to self serving speculation, which is what often happens in predictions and prophecies.

People doing no research, no investigation, rushing to fear based conclusions based on paranoia and a siege mentality.

It is true that there are many predictions and prophecies that don't come true, but then again how many do come true? People like you love to claim it is out of chance, but is it really? Or is there something ingrained within your mind that tells you, you cannot accept the possibility of a destiny already chosen for you which you, and everyone else, can't escape?

Doesn't sound like you have done a shred of research on the actual subject, but rather are making some kind of argument to slavery to something.

The problem that I see with most skeptics, like you protoplasmic, is that you don't like to think that you do not really have any control over your life, and that is what scares most skeptics deep within their psyche. Whether they want to admit it or not.

I would ask the University of Phoenix for your money back on your mail order psychology degree.

Just sayin.

Then there are also skeptics which exist of certain prophecies BECAUSE of religion. After all there are religions which claim that no one will know the future, or that there will be false prophets, and such skeptics love to shove into one big group everyone who makes predictions; from those who never got a prediction right, to those who got several predictions right, and everyone else in between.

Can you name someone who got several predictions right.

Even when it comes to prophetic legends like Nastradamous, if somethign even has a remote shred of similiarity to one of his quatrains people jump up and down and say, see, see he got it right.

It's wishful thinking and hubris to imagine that people are getting major world ending or life altering predictions right with any frequency that would constitute a talent or a gift or a solid method.

In conclusion, your over-analizing can be used also against your argument, and can be shown that skeptics are first of all control freaks, as well as, or being afraid that predictions can come true, or are very religious and just want to accept some predictions.

I am afraid your lack of research has led you to believe that critics ae the same thing as skeptics.

Few members on ATS including the pros have done more conspiracy writing and threads than I have.

Discernment and standards shouldn't be confused with skepticism.

The question is, which are you?

None of the above, you really should have read the thread before committing yourself to this kind of post.

edit on 9/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've stated this kind of thing before and it's very much like Silent Thunder's post.

I call it the "Beyond Thunderdome" dream.

Mr. Joe Worker lives a very average life. He get's up, get's the kids ready, goes to his cubical, types away on TPS Reports for 8 hours, gets back in his Camry and drives home. What does he look forward to? Maybe he gets some new enchilada recipe or maybe it's "softball night".

But, after DOOMSDAY!!!...he gets to be the hero of the movie! Using his exceptional Excel skills (ok, maybe not), he's a survivor. He's the Tina Turner! Or maybe he's Max. Either way, he's now important!

I'm saying that every individual is the star of their own movie and most of them are horribly boring with a even worse ending, but that could all change if the right event would just finally happen already.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

You are quite correct in part it's the victim dictum, where people percieve themselves as powerless victims and wish to be rescued by some all powerful force or event that equals the playing field.

Personally I think it's easier just to ignore the rules that are stacked against you, just like the Elite do.

We see every day how the elites and states use cold blooded murder, theft, extortion, fraud, and slander to gain power, resources and wealth.

Meanwhile we obey (or most try) 600,000 odd codes that regulate every aspect of their existence into a virtual and very real state of free range slavery, and allow this to continue with impunity because they desperately want to believe that their is a way to change the system through the system.

When they realize that in fact there isn't then they percieve themselves as victims and rather do something about it themselves keep on keep on allowing themselves to be victimized, hoping against hope some heroe with a white hat and cavalry will ride in to save them.

Lots of luck there.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I LOVE that term, free-range slavery. That's perfect.

I wanted to say also in my post that the doomsday event does not have to be religious either. Although probably not in the same numbers the general population compared to the ATS community, for ever one crying

"God will save us!"

there are just as many proclaiming

"Aliens will save us!"

and if they don't fall into that, they solemnly state

"No. We must change our frequency. It is all a fractal. We are beings of light..."

That's usual when I stop reading so I don't know what else they say.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The truth is we live in a cleverly constructed and barely perceptible to most people, Statist System of Free Range Slavery.

You are free to travel around within the confines of your state, laboring, but only at those things and enterprises the state approves of and regulates.

You must then pay the state a substantial portion of what you acquired in that endeavor. Then you must pay large corporations for your food, others for your dwelling, others for your transportation, and others for your insurance that you will not get sick or become a burden to the state.

Each one of these corporations as well as the state represents what is in essence a Master, profiting off of you and their monopoly on resources that they control that you need to live, while all the while making sure through the state's law that you only labor at those things that benefit them and their control, or enhance their control.

Fail to pay your taxes, and what you may have acquired through your labor is taken away from you. In other words you own nothing, they do, and you are only allowed to have something as long as you perform to their standards and expectations in the way that they subscribe.

You are not free to leave the country without their permission, no one is legally allowed to enter the land or conduct business here without their permission.

Now you are not even permitted to fly about the country without being inspected and questioned.

Fail to obey, and even though you have harmed no one, or destroyed anything you will be locked away confined.

This is what is known as free range slavery, where the most effective part of the system is the illusion that you are free.

Free to chose between very limited choices, obey the state, pay your masters every day in every way for everything required to survive.

Fail to perform and obey, everything will be taken away by the state and corporation, up to and including your liberty to move about freely and extreme cases your life itself.

This is slavery, plain and simple, slavery to state, which begins with the concepts of slavery to God, the God that the state bases it's power and authority on.

Welcome to the slave planet Earth that I affectionately call Rome, note the exit signs, there are none.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So what's to stop that individual from working for the Powers that Be?

Coming to ATS at a time when conspiracy theorists are under fire and in the news and playing an old and simple trick....

I have often wonder about that myself. Infiltration to destroy or use an organization is a favorite tactic of TPTB. Lets face it who would ever reference ATS in a discussion elsewhere??? You would get laughed off the blog!

So what better way to discredit a theory than to feed the people who believe it WHOPPERS and then discrediting them for believing those WHOPPERS???

Ridicule is one of the greatest weapons of TPTB especially since they control the media.

For example take the John Birch Society, founded in 1958. The society is often accused of seeing Communists under the bed and this was used to ridicule the members and taint any message they were trying to get across. I have seen "He's a John Bircher" used against Ron Paul and G. Edward Griffin as a one liner to totally discredit them. It is a total turn off for all the left AND the middle of the road and moderate rights.

Do not bother to look at what they are saying and pick out the nuggets of truth, just toss out everything they say because "they" are "known" to be complete Kooks. It ties very nicely into The Paradox of the Left/Right Political Divide and the Denial of Conspiracies

Examples of JBS Ridicule:

#
Bob Dylan wrote "Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues",[51] narrated by a paranoid society member who looks everywhere for Communists, even in his toilet bowl and at one point decides that they are in his television set.

Charlie Daniels song "Uneasy Rider" references the group - the man with green teeth response "I'm a faithful follower of Brother John Birch"
Walt Kelly used his comic strip Pogo to produce a satire that appeared in book form as "The Jack Acid Society Black Book."
en.wikipedia.org...

Were there Communists under the bed??? No there were Communists in the White house or at least in a cabinet position.

Harry Dexter White (October 9, 1892 – August 16, 1948) was an American economist, and senior U.S. Treasury department official. He was a primary participant in the Bretton Woods conference and the formation of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.

White died shortly after testifying before the House Un-American Activities Committee and was later positively identified by the FBI and NSA as a Soviet intelligence source....
en.wikipedia.org...

The guy with the bedroom in the White House was Colonel Edward Mandell House, President Woodrow Wilson’s confidential adviser and also advisor to FDR. HERE are the openning pages of the book "Colonel" House wrote "Philip Dru: Administrator"

So what was the JBS main message?

According to Welch [the founder], "both the U.S. and Soviet governments are controlled by the same furtive conspiratorial cabal of internationalists, greedy bankers, and corrupt politicians. If left unexposed, the traitors inside the U.S. government would betray the country's sovereignty to the United Nations... en.wikipedia.org...

From the newly passed Food Safety Modernization Act

Text of H.R. 2751 [111th]: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act

SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.

Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.

ERRRrrrr, what can I say?

I guess I am a John Bircher

For the record I am an Independent.

It is alleged that Maurice Strong, after working for YMCA international, realized what a tool these organizations could be in furthering the goals of the UN. He is credited with coming up with the idea for "Grassroots" organizations called NGOs who were in reality run by TPTB.

..."Very few of even the larger international NGOs are operationally democratic, in the sense that members elect officers or direct policy on particular issues," notes Peter Spiro. "Arguably it is more often money than membership that determines influence, and money more often represents the support of centralized elites, such as major foundations, than of the grass roots." The CGG has benefited substantially from the largesse of the MacArthur, Carnegie, and Ford Foundations. www.afn.org...

Farmers found this out the hard way when instead of aiding us in the fight against the World Trade Organization's "Food Safety Modernization Act" we found the Organic Consumers Union, Food and Water Watch and La vida Locavoire spouting "Stop the hysteria!"

Further digging found all three had connections to the UN and were funded by Rockefeller Foundations.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

This was the actual reason I felt compelled to finally author this opening piece, it's something I have been considering publishing for a while now.

But the truth is, that presently the conspiracy community is under heavy attack by the Government and the Media and if it's getting this much overt attention, it's bound to be getting some covert attention too.

Dividing the community and discrediting then become critical as part of the plan to negate it from having any political impact.

The government and media wouldn't be mentioning the community presently if they believed it couldn't have a critical impact.

Anyone who follows these boards knows how quickly many members especially newer ones looking for the "deep conspiracies" who have often become members out of fear, and religious members who look for anything and everything to talk about the Bible, scripture, God and prophecy jump all over these predictions to the point of tedium and nasseua.

So it remains a real concern for me, one that many people might dismiss and not share, but a concern none the less.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Its hard not to get caught up in the all the EOTWAWKI non-sense that permeates this site, especially with all the crazy biblical level events that have been happening lately, one after another......

However, I almost feel like its in our nature to always think that we're the last ones, and we're on the brink of destruction. Maybe its just the curse of being intelligent, and pondering what the future holds.

All I know is that probably since the dawn of man, every generation has thought at one time that they were "it" and something awful was going to happen in their life times, ending the world as we know it. Maybe for some of them they were right, most were probably just paranoid, superstitious, overly religious, or a nice combination of them all.

No matter what happens, some people will always fear the inevitable, will always think they're "seeing the signs of the end of days" and will continue to make predictions that fail to come to fruition.

I suppose the only prediction that I can get behind is the prediction that in 2012, we will still be sitting here making more predictions, and cautiously counting down the days until the next big let down.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
this post by far has been the best peice i have seen on ats,very well said

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Nice thread my friend. Touches on a lot of the psychology behind it.

To put it even simpler.

We are all going to die. We know it and "say" we accept it. But we really would rather not die alone. If a major event were to kill everyone at once, it would be WAY easier to accept our mortality. We would not feel "ripped off", as we are ALL going to die in said event.

Some people tend to find that more comforting than dying at an old age, with family gathered around.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimmley

Poverty- I know I am going to get flamed for this next part (grabbing bunker gear and a fire extinguisher...), but here it goes....

Unfortunately you are correct. The USA has an unofficial job classification "Unwed mother" It is bad news beyond the direct siphon into your wallet.

A favorite topic of discussion among the very small entrepreneur is the lack of decent workers at a wage we can afford to pay.

Many of these "welfare types" have been fed "the rich OWE us a living" along with the welfare money. It is NOT charity THEY OWE you this money, says the "progressive" social worker Based on my own experience this means they are very often thieves. I was bluntly told by one who I caught in the act That I was the REAL thief because I stole it from "the workers"

Second if you want to hire them you have two choices, pay a heck of a lot more than minimum wage or pay them under the table.

This has another consequence.

Part of the taxes that come out of your wages goes to support these people therefore a "living wage" has to be higher to make up the difference. Companies do not want to pay those higher wages especially for low level positions so we have a massive amount of jobs going to illegal and legal immigrants, creating a vicious cycle. Job loss among Americans, jobs being filled by aliens at lower wages and an overall decline in real wages as the middle class sinks into poverty.

I have put this up before:

In 1976 A typical American CEO earned 36 times as much as the average worker. By 2008 the average CEO pay increased to 369 times that of the average worker. timelines.ws...

The sneak attack by the FED – money devaluation:
Here is a money supply/gold/wage chart:
Date.....$ /oz gold.. Money supply......minimum wage...min wage in gold..CEO pay in gold
1971 ......40.62.............. 81 billion...........$1.60 ...................0.0394 oz.
1974 ......195.20...........101 billion...........$2.00.....................0.0102 oz.
1976 ......124.74 ........... $113 billion.......$2.30.....................0.0184 oz............0.663.oz
1985 .....354.20 ...........$205 billion........$3.35....................0.0094 oz.
1994 .....409.80........... $ 406 billion.......$4.25.....................0.0104.oz.
2006 .....636.30 ...........$808 billion........$5.15.....................0.0081 oz.
2008 .....880.30........... $831 billion........$5.85.....................0.0066 oz.............2.44.oz
2009...1,020.28...........$1663 billion........$6.55.....................0.0064.oz.

From the beginning of 1964 ($54 billion) to the end of 2010 the bankers have made $1961.967 billion dollars in fiat currency! That is the amount they increased the money supply

That is a factor of 36! The minimum wage in 1964 was $1.15. Is the minimum wage now $41.78????

Heck no but the bankers made sure they increased our taxes!

According to an article in The New Republic of Dec. 2, 1991, in 1948, a married couple with median income and two children, paid only 2% in state, federal, and Social Security taxes. In 1999, Social Security was 15.3%, plus 2.9% for Medicare, out of the first $62,700 in wages, or $11,411.40, and then perhaps 30% in federal taxes…if you were lucky.... www.gold-eagle.com...

15.3% +2.9% +28% + 10% =56.2% (I use 10% for the state because sales tax is 5%,6%,or 7% plus a nominal 5% direct. State sales tax showed up in 30 states by 1940 and are in every state except Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon.)

As Griffin said "the Federal Reserve is a dead short across the productive element of society"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Ever see someone prophecy that someone in the room was going to die that week?
I did see that...and it was a friend...and a friend who was in the room, perfectly healthy, did die...
Ever see people put their hands on a tumor the size of a baseball and pray for healing?
I did...and when they took their hands away, it was GONE...
Ever see somebody you know standup and speak in a language dialect exclusive to ONE tribe in Africa?
I did and a member of that tribe was in the back of the auditorium and she said he spoke it PERFECTLY and she believed in the carrot that day...

The "carrot" is not something you have to work for and it is not elusive IF the carrot we are discussing is Jesus Christ. He paid the price in full that we may have life eternal, both HERE and BEYOND, no strings (or sticks) attached...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Originally posted by hmdphantom reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler god created us to test us and see what we do and he will give us as much as we deserve. I think that this is one of the tests he is taking of the American people. it is a dilemma : do you believe in your religion or in your govt ?

Well here is something to think about. What if you don't believe in either?

may be It doesn't matter in this universe. as we see by our eyes. but that won't changes the facts.
the fact is :

first :
American people know that their govt is invading other countries by no logical and true reason , and still they let it happen. people know that it is not right whether they believe in religion or govt or whatever .
how ever I believe that most of those prophesies are based on superstitions . I don't support those. I am sick of them, too.

second:
I mean that prophets told us about fundamentals of living and walking through the path of god.is it right that we say : if some people are out of this way and are making their own predictions or following fake prophets , then we should omit the total religion as the cause ?

I think that every single human that wants to act based on the truth he/she can. he/she should understand his situation and the start doing based on what he/she thinks right.

I think that it is a good idea that we should go deeply into the religion . read the stories . learn from them. read the books to learn the facts, or to get some good new idea. I think that we should start doing things ourselves because it is a real complicated world that we live in.

this is how I look at religion as a mean not as an end.

PS : I don't know how these kinds of feelings and ways of thinking come to me periodically . it is like that they are iron and I am magnet. regards.
edit on 9/5/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

I think there are a lot of times where intuition and sixth sense helps people to foretell events that are more or less personal to them.

Meaning that they have some real first hand knowledge and understanding of a situation, a person, etc. to begin with.

That's a lot different than someone siezing on a Simpons episode, or a random new posters predictions for some doom and gloom event of earth shatering and life altering proportions.

More often than not these prediction threads aren't even predicted by the person publishing the thread. There was no intuition, no inside knowledge, no familiarity with the actual subject at hand.

Predicting Aunt Betsy is going to get run over by a car, because she refuses to wear her contacts and hearing aide, and you have a bad feeling about that, and predicting a nuclear detonation, alien invasion, return of the Baby Jesus, based off of just the notion, that someone else said they think it could happen is well, just not the same thing.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

...ATS is a great place because there are so many forums and so many areas we can talk about things. If we censor one area of discussion, that opens the door for others to be censored as well, and personally I detest the thought of being told I can't talk about something. So please, let's just find a way to respect one another's right to have a voice.

I for one HATE censorship. I doubt any one else posting here at ATS wants censorship. That is not the topic under discussion anyway.

The question is WHY those threads appear as the title indicates:

Understanding the Appeal of Apocalyptic and other Doom’s Day Styled Predictions and Prophecies

Is it the appeal of Ghost Stories told round a campfire?

Or is it a symptom of something more sinister. That I think is the real topic under discussion, at least in my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

I follow my own code, and I have spoken out often and forcefully about not just the hypocracies and wrongness of the inasions but the propaganda wars that lead up to them.

I am not religious, but if the people in Iran or Israel or Salt Lake City want to construct a society based on one, I have no problem with that.

Just don't force it on people. Let people freely immigrate out and away from such systems, and however people who want to live under such systems who do actually want to live under such systems is fine with me.

If they all want to run around naked, smearing each other with peanut butter and jelly and then laying out on giant ant hills that's alright with me.

As long as it's a product of their own freewill.

Should those of us who don't want to live like that, who say prefer smearing ourselves with marshmellow creme prevent those who like to smear themselves with peanut butter and jelly, based on some rediculous notion that some people are alergic to peanuts?

No, the truth is that people need to stop preaching slavery to rediculous laws, rediculous religions, and insisting that everyone else live the same way.

It totally negates free will and any kind of quality of life.

If you want to live a certain way, then by all means as long as you aren't hurting anyone but perhaps yourself have at it.

When I mean hurting, I don't mean offending, I mean taking an icepick to someone's knee caps, or running them over with your car, shooting them or dropping a bomb on them.

Sadly most people's idea of freedom is you are free to behave and live like I do and say and nothing else.

People need to develop their own code, sense of right and wrong and morality and live up to that, it's a lot easier to do that than a state with 600,000 laws, or a book full of riddles and edicts.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
S&F! Very well written and argued. Beliefs are indeed a very low level of consciousness and awareness. Alas, here I am feeding on the fear that makes sites like this thrive. I long for the apocalypse. Why? Because the etymology of apocalypse is cover/veil away/falling. Which again, is why I and I presume others come to this site. You Know the systems and institutions in place take you from your True Self. You feel it in your gut how profoundly sick society is. Is the apocalypse possible? Individually most certainly. Mine happened back in '08 and this is what I sent friends and family after my ego collapsed.

We are all changing. We, our system, everything we know is going to change. The money we have chosen to enshrine as the center of our civilization's value system is failing and will end. Our culture relies upon a set of unconscious agreements that constitutes meaning. This too is failing. Nietzsche professed that there will be a "seeker after knowledge," the "opposite-man," which is in direct opposition to everything known. The instance of Truth, enlightenment, is "a violation, a desire to hurt the basic will of the spirit which unceasingly strives for the apparent and superficial." Carl Jung wrote that "We are living in what the Greeks called kairos - the right moment - for a 'metamorphis of the god,' of fundamental principles and symbols. This peculiarity of our time, which is certainly not of our conscious choosing, is the expression of the unconscious man within us who is changing." In other words we have no choice but to evolve. Think of how absurd it would have been for the pre-bird to fight taking flight. Can you honestly imagine having wings and making the decision not to fly? We can fight our shift and make it very uncomfortable but the change will happen anyway; with or without our moral or conscious approval. Do not be afraid. There is no more reason to fear our evolution than there is to fear the rising sun. It will be blessed and better. Evolution from a creative, spiritual place is always better than before. Herold the coming Son (you)!

Is it possible on a grand Universal scale? TBD...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I've stated this kind of thing before...

"The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" (1939) by James Thurber immediately jumps to mind.

or better yet The Unicorn in the Garden

Just for you Proto in response to your earlier remark about women

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I agree with what you say except this one :

I am not religious, but if the people in Iran or Israel or Salt Lake City want to construct a society based on one, I have no problem with that.

as you see Iran leaders and presidents claim that there will be one nation. but we should look at how they are doing about what they say. as a matter of act I see that Iranian people want to build an independent Islamic nation based on their religion. they want to be strong to defend the threats. there is no proof that Iran has any nuclear weapon.Iran has not threaten any country to invade.

but it is totally different about Israel and America . they threat . they invade with no permission of their nations. they have nuclear warheads and they have used.

this is the difference I see.

may be in Iran people don't have the freedom as American people have. but most of the people I see are not affected by TV and MSM in Iran.most of the time when it is time to act and act right , they act.
then what is the freedom good for ? (why are you americans so silent ?)
edited : I mean freedom is good but it is not enough. they should give the people freedom to choose and freedom in thinking too.

this thread that I have made was discussing the same issue. you have freedom and you don't move. may be it is because you are very idealistic .
why are you americans so silent ?
edit on 9/5/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by muzzleflash

In a nut shell, you have summed up a large part of the construct.

Two diametrically opposed positions and sets of belief, being run at the same time, leading to endless conflict within the individual as they struggle to reconcile them, even as they struggle to eek out sustinance to survive in such a peculiar paradox.

Caught between the hammer of religion and the duties to state, each often put forth as the same thing, but each entirely different in ultimately what they task and ask, in essence setting the individual up for falling just short of the bar, and failure at both.

In the end for many this does lead to a sense of self loathing as they can be true completely to neither and fear being denied the only reward both offer ultimately, the notions of absolution.

Leaving one in the end to believe and feel a terrible punishment and retribution is inevitible and even just.

Brilliant system and scam if you are the despot(s) running it, and enjoying the fruit of it, but not so good at all for the individual trying to honestly please and achieve in a system designed to ultimately make them feel like they have fallen short.

Great post, thanks for sharing that.

I know that you referred to submitting oneself to religion and stories is a form of escapism or tactic for people and groups of people. When the reality that is being fled from is considered alongside the reality that has been painted in our minds eye we are told that one can and does affect the other adversely. In the one reality we are commanded to keep the illusionary reality at the forefront of the mind and be ever vigilant and prepared to combat the other reality with it. The illusory reality becomes a learned refuge and safe haven for many from the cruelties of its now polar opposite reality.

Time goes on and soon the cruel reality is tolerable and one can only surmise that the illusory reality is now in fact making it so. Soon the amenities and perceived blessings of the once cruel reality act as proof of what has been hesitatingly at times and slowly digested by some. This now becomes fact as the two realities merge and this new epiphany now seems as though it will last forever. Time marches ever onward and the delighted begin to wane as the cruel reality begins to once again demand more. The cruel reality begins to slowly emerge and remind one of its presence just a little more forcefully.

The amenities and blessings still have to paid off in the form of bills after all and the taxes are necessary and now equated with duties to the divine. You haven't paid your bills? How sinful of you. You must have done something wrong to upset this once delightful union of worlds and you know what it is and so do we. We're not sure what will happen to you now. The turbulence is always attributed to the imperfect and sinfully created men who strive to appease God through a regimen of human rules and edicts. A set of rules that, if followed, will appease their creator and bring them peace. A creator equated with unconditional love.

This is forgotten though and the tail chasers begin reconstruction and attempt to unify both worlds once again. Paying their bills and their taxes on their bills and their taxes on their purchases which are divinely granted and paying their federal bills for their jobs which were divinely attained and paying.........

The resources gathered are now used in ways that the inspired will never know or be told.

The inspired now look to the end of their script that they are tirelessly following and welcome it.

It is playing out after all isn't it? What we've been told? It's all going down just like it says. Let's wrap this up already. Hallelujah.

The preceding is my take, I am not speaking for any one or any group.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join