It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are alien races like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If there are millions of alien species out there among the stars what do you think they look like? I think many of them resemble hyper evolved animals here on earth. on certain types of climates, star radiation, composition, etc would create different looks and cultures. You could have Frogs or salamanders that evolved into walking talking humanoids who have built cities and what not on one type of planet while others have humanoid cats and dogs. Other star systems have walking praying mantises. Others have a combination of the above.
I think The creator of the universe has put souls in many types of creatures so that His attributes can be expressed in this universe. We are probably one of many types of men.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Here is a 1:33 hour long documentary about that subject...

Enjoy

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I personally believe there are three main advanced races, the greys the annunaki and the nephilm. I believe there are sub species of theses races, which look considerably similar, thats the main alien races. But you have less intelligent species like mammals and reptials in all shapes and sizes, the documentary above has countless examples.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

well if you REALLY need to know..!!?!?!??

get a copy of this...

""Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials is a 1979 science fiction book by artist Wayne Barlowe, with Ian Summers and Beth Meacham (who provided the text). It contains his visualizations of different extraterrestrial life forms from various works of science fiction, with information on their planetary location or range, biology, and behaviors, in the style of a real field guide for animals, such as Roger Tory Peterson's guide to birds of North America. It was reprinted in 1987.""

www.google.com...'s+guide+to+extraterrestrials

www.amazon.com/Barlowes-Guide-Extraterrestrials-Douglas-Barlowe/dp/0894805002

i loved this book,, in the 70's--80's

and still fun to look at...

edit on 5/8/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

i so watch that documentary on tv

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I hate to refer to doctor who but there's probably thousands of races out there having the same discussion as we are. Back to the topic at hand, there's probably some that look like us and some that don't. Every star you see has a million galaxies. Some like us and some not like us.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well the Mexican aliens are very family oriented and hard workers,

The Canadian aliens are quite friendly,

The Russian aliens like to take over business,

The Asian aliens are loners are are very business oriented.

That is all I really know about aliens.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would guess Alien races are pretty fast, I only glean my information from watching POD races on STAR WARS....or is that not what you meant?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
If there are millions of alien species out there among the stars what do you think they look like?

If there are indeed millions of lifeforms "out there", the variety would be infinite. I'd bet there would be subsets of life that qualify as "monsters" and probably some subsets of life that look "like us".

What happens when when we have a unions of subsets -- perhaps "monsters that look like us"? Would they look like this?:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This sounds pretty dumb but does anyone think there could be a race of aliens that could possibly stand on the sun? i know its a dumb question but we dont know EVERY eliment in the universe there could be something that could do it

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Good question and millions of people ponder on that everyday then you get other people that tell you that greys, annanuki, reptillians etc actually exsist and I personally ignore everything they say until they can prove it and I'm not a skeptic I believe in ET life anyway you probably will get some responses off people telling you there are species of ET and they will be 100% serious and 100% believe it but they can not prove it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

let your imagination run wild kiddies.
they may be pokeman for all we know.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They look like us...

...and God said “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

Since God, angels, ets are all not of this Earth ergo true ET's... Aliens look like us

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Possibilites are endless. I'm not sure about something that could survive on the sun question, but hey, there are organisms here on earth that nobody thought could survive in certain environments, but yet, there they are. So, it may be possible.

But here's another question, let's say there is a feline race out there for example. If they landed here and saw all the cats as pets, would they try to liberate them? Might be a silly question I know, but let's say you landed on some other planet, and humans were treated as pets, would that bother you?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by pellian

Here is a 1:33 hour long documentary about that subject...

Enjoy

I watched it. It's good. But I also think it's hilarious when the scientists talk about the fictional creatures that live on the alien planet. One of them says "this creature is like nothing we could imagine, from the animals we know on Earth." Well, obviously that's a nonsensical statement given that life on Earth are these scientists' only frame of reference. If something is unimaginable with your current knowledge, then you can't imagine it, much less make a documentary about it.

I do think life must exist somewhere else on an alien planet (probably more than a few planets). It's kind of statistical arrogance to even consider that Earth could be the only place where life developed. Whether it's intelligent, that's another question. Maybe, maybe not. But if it is intelligent, there's a good chance it's more advanced than we are, at least in some places.

Earth suffered major extinction events at the end of the Cambrian Period (about 500 million years ago). If these events had not occurred and life was able to evolve more or less unimpeded, Earth might now be home to civilizations perhaps 300 or 400 million years more advanced than ours (although it's quite possible homo sapiens wouldn't exist).

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Good question and millions of people ponder on that everyday then you get other people that tell you that greys, annanuki, reptillians etc actually exsist and I personally ignore everything they say until they can prove it and I'm not a skeptic I believe in ET life anyway you probably will get some responses off people telling you there are species of ET and they will be 100% serious and 100% believe it but they can not prove it.

Good God man! Breathe!

If there are other intelligent races out there, and I have no doubt that there are, then it is possible they could be humanoid. I base this on the concept of convergent evolution. A good example here on Earth is the similarities between birds and bats. Two entirely different species which evolved different solutions to flight but look superficially similar

We humans evolved bi-pedalism to free up limbs to manipulate tools. There's every chance an alien species could have done the same.
edit on 8-5-2011 by MiTS1965 because: Typo.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
. If something is unimaginable with your current knowledge, then you can't imagine it, much less make a documentary about it.

Carl Sagan's Cosmos: Life on Jupiter

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Im All for hypothesis, concepts and imagineinations what I was trying to say was people that try and tell me that reptillians aliens for example are like reptiles and they poo from there ear lol it annoys because I know they haven't got a clue

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I only mean that all of these make assumptions about extraterrestrial life based on our understanding of terrestrial life. Reproduction, natural death, predator-prey relationships, etc. These are assumed to be universal constants for life, but who are we to make that assertion? Life - and even intelligent life - may come in so many different varieties that we might be inherently incapable of even recognizing some of it when we saw it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
Life - and even intelligent life - may come in so many different varieties that we might be inherently incapable of even recognizing some of it when we saw it.

Like Plasma life for example?

It may indeed come in many forms, but on the same note, since the elements created by the stars are the same throughout the universe (with perhaps a few stable ones at the top end in addition) the odds are that since chemicals behave in certain ways, that we would just as easily find similar life forms all over the galaxy

You burn Hydrogen in the presence of Oxygen, you will get water... no matter what planet you are on

edit on 8-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join