It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a book from a Masonic Lodge that is in code

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
But he shouldnt be in a list of celebrated masons, dont you agree?
He should actually be condemned by masonry, unless of cos they are genocide sympethizers.
I don't think anyone is celebrating him. But we're not denying that he was a Mason, either. People accuse us all the time of covering up bad stuff. Here, clearly we're not. Put it this way, if we're willing to admit that he was a Mason, why would we deny other world leaders who conspiracy theorists claim to be Masons unless they actually were not?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It has been decoded already. and it said

"That was not chicken you ate at the last Masonic dinner"

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

One thing that's on my mind is, has he ever been officially condemned by masonry?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

One thing that's on my mind is, has he ever been officially condemned by masonry?
There's no such thing as "official" with Masonry. There's no ruling body with any authority who could issue such condemnation on behalf of all Freemasonry. But in my cursory google searches, I haven't found any articles by Masonic authors condemning his actions (nor any praising them, mind you... most are just descriptions of the origin of the Turkish Grand Lodge.)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

There's no such thing as "official" with Masonry.

So what about the UGLE?

The United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE) is the governing body of Freemasonry in England, Wales and the Channel Islands.

www.ugle.org.uk...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

]

So what about the UGLE?

The UGLE only controls the English and Welsh lodges under its jurisdiction. It is in fraternal recognition with the Grand Lodge of Turkey, but that's about it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

So one would say then that the UGLE is 'official', in the UK?

Well then, haven't the grand lodge of Turkey come out and condemned the guy? I mean he is a mass murderer.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So one would say then that the UGLE is 'official', in the UK?

Only in England and Wales. The Grand Lodge of Scotland governs there, and the Grand Lodge of Ireland governs Northern Ireland.

Well then, haven't the grand lodge of Turkey come out and condemned the guy? I mean he is a mass murderer.

I have no idea, I know next to nothing about the Masonic establishment in Turkey. Here is their website:

eng.mason.org.tr...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

*shrug* I don't read Turkish. His Turkish contemporaries at the time considered him a patriot. I don't know how his actions are covered in Turkey education today.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well if you *shrug* dont read Turkish then, how is he on a list of celebrated masons, you lot celebrating without even knowing who you celebrating?

I know it wasn't you who posted that list, just saying.

So maybe what im asking is, dont masonry condem their bad apples just like any organization would?

edit on 10-5-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Thank's for that link.

I've checked the site's history page and their is no mention of Mehmed Talat.

He was also the grand master of Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Turkey during 1909-1910.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why no mention of him?

Maybe this is their way of condeming the man?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

No. Because Wikipedia is created solely by user contributions, the user who wrote Mehmed Talat's wikipedia page neglected to add this information. You may add this information if you want to the Wikipedia page.....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well if you *shrug* dont read Turkish then, how is he on a list of celebrated masons, you lot celebrating without even knowing who you celebrating?

I know it wasn't you who posted that list, just saying.
Again, he's on a list of notable Masons. Celebrated means we praise them all. Notable is a statement of factual description without bias of "good" or "bad" attached to it.
edit on 2011.5.10 by JoshNorton because: Added Wiki link

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

What information?

I think youre mixed up.

I was telling masonic light that in the link he sent me of the Turkish masonry website, there is no mention of Mehmed Talat.

The info I provided is from wiki, where it is written that he committed genocide.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

What's funny is the thread went from a book about to be revealed to all, to no book, to join us, to a list of 'famous' masons being 'celebrated' by some masons, hence, "Harpo Marx".

To this crap.

Where's the dam book?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

To this crap.

Where's the dam book?
Hey, you're the one who's derailed this for the last page. There have already been links to where you can buy, if not the same book, one quite similar.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Posthumous Memoirs In a very short time after the assassination of Talat on March 1921, the "Posthumous Memoirs of Talaat" was published on October volume of The New York Times Current History[30]. In this memoir, he accepted that the deportation was not carried out lawfully everywhere. He claimed that in the region there was hatred among the Armenians and Kurdish which had their bitter history. He also claimed that there were officials who abused their authority. He also states that region became unlawful and people took preventive measures into their own hands. He accepts that the duty of the Government was to prevent these abuses and atrocities. He claimed that as the minister of interior, he ordered to arrest those who were responsible and punished them according to the law[30].

I admit that we deported Armenians from our eastern provinces, and we acted in this matter upon a previously prepared scheme. The responsibility of these acts falls upon the deported people themselves. Russian ... had armed and equipped the Armenian inhabitants of this district [Van] ..., and had organized strong Armenian bandit forces. ... When we entered the Great War, these bandits began their destructive activities in the rear of the Turkish army on the Caucasus front, blowing up the bridges and killing the innocent Mohammedan inhabitants regardless of age and sex... All these Armenian bandits were helped by the native Armenians.[31]. —Mehmed Talat [edit]

As with any story, there are three sides. Yours, his, and the truth. While everything you posted was on the same Wiki page, so was this. Having never heard of him before, either way, it was interesting to learn a bit more of history. Masons are men and men aren't perfect, so he is subject to failure. The ones who were killed and their families certainly would have had a grudge against him regardless of weather his actions directly resulted in the genocide.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone directly condemned by masonry. But as was said, that list was not a celebration, just a list.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I derailed it?

Not me who's singing "Harpo Marx".

Im only replying. Check my comment on page 3, you can see a few people agree with me.

Anyway for the sake of the OP, im staying on topic, well outta here really nothing left.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm surprised at all the people telling you to return it. I'm also surprised at the number of Freemasons around here (but I guess I shouldn't be).

I am against Freemasonry and any other SS. I am against secrecy in general. I think that this book is not that important to any but the lowest degree initiates, and will reveal very little. However, it would perhaps help to expose the methods of secrecy used by this deceitful organization.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mickyboy

One could argue it's not important is because it's been so widely disseminated in a variety of forms for the last 300+years.

On the other hand, because it's the cornerstone which all Masonry is based on, it is also perhaps the most important book to Masons, because the foundations are all contained within it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join