It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States president on anti-psychotic meds?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What is your opinion? Should a leader be allowed to lead this country while under treatment for severe depression, delusions, etc?

According to Reuters today, Saturday 31, this is the case with George W. Bush. I beleive this might change a few voters minds in the near future.

Why is this posted in Predictions & Prophecies?.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

I beleive this might change a few voters minds in the near future.

Because the authors says clearly he believes this might changes the outcome of the election. It's a prediction.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I personally do not like Bush. But i'am on anti-psychotic drugs for Bi polar. I don't know what he is on if anything. I know i can be fun if you want to call it that with out my meds horrible mood swings . i would feel more cumfortable know he was on meds if he needs them then not . And i function very well on my meds.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The truth is i must be allllll wrong if i cant spell a medical term. right. Other posters here have also seen the story. It was all over the internet.

Oh, but its impossible for this president to be on anti-spychotic meds. Right. I think at this point in the game, electric shock might be whats required.

You people cant wait to jump down somebodys throat- but if I attacked you all PERSONALLY, i'd have to pay for it. Well, the story was out and I thought it was worth posting.

So- when I hear something on the Radio or on TV, then it must be "not verifiable" because I cant provide a link.

Of course, this bit of news is the type of thing that would only tick off "republicans".

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Capitol Hill Blue: Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic ...
... but we also need a President who is alert mentally.�. Angry Bush walked away from
reporter's questions. Tubb prescribed the anti-depressants after a clearly ...
www.capitolhillblue.com/ artman/publish/article_4921.shtml - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

Capitol Hill Blue: Sullen, Depressed President Retreats Into ...
... Bush�s erratic behavior and sharp mood swings led White House physician Col. Richard
J. Tubb to put the President on powerful anti-depressant drugs after he ...
www.capitolhillblue.com/ artman/publish/article_4930.shtml - 26k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.capitolhillblue.com ]

President Bush is Taking Powerful Anti-Depressants? ...
... President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his
erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned. ...
www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/bushondrugs.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Aspartame, Anti-Depressants And Bush
... US President [sic] Being Given Powerful Anti-depressants which Interact ... tells us,
"The first correspondence I had with President [sic] George Bush was when ...
www.rense.com/general56/dewf.htm - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

Aspartame, anti-depressants and Bush
... Mind of the President, characterizing George W. Bush as suffering ... Neurotoxins: US
President [sic] Being Given Powerful Anti-depressants which Interact ...

I wont bother putting links up- its old news now. bye.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I see your point. I didnt say i was a genius. I can't spell, so i should not speak my mind ~shakes head ~

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Diamond
I see your point. I didnt say i was a genius. I can't spell, so i should not speak my mind ~shakes head ~

There's nothing wrong with us in taking meds of this kind. We ARE NOT the president of the United States.
We are not dependent upon by millions to make the right decision.
Our president is. My point is its being kept secret out of the main stream media. why? Because it doesnt look good for the prez.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

What is your opinion? Should a leader be allowed to lead this country while under treatment for severe depression, delusions, etc?

According to Reuters today, Saturday 31, this is the case with George W. Bush. I beleive this might change a few voters minds in the near future.

As i said before in the beginning of the thread, it was a mistake.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Something else that expands greatly on Bush's mental status is a book, "Bush on the Couch", by Justin Frank, M.D. He is a clinical professor at Georgetown University Medical Center and has made an indepth psychoanalysis of Bush. Probably one of the most frightening books I have read in a long time. Sure could change the election outcome if everyone were to read it.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
As usual, I am late to this thread, but I'll add my 2 cents.
I have panic disorder and have suffered bouts of clinical depression. I understand that what I have is a chemical disorder. I take meds for it and I'm fine 98% of the time. I am a high functioning person who has had several positions with some major responsibility. With THAT said, I will also say this: when suffering from clinical depression, I took an unpaid leave of absence from my job. I had enough sense to know that I should not inflict my mood swings, behavior and adjustment to the meds on others. I was a college professor, NOT the President of the US. So, while noting that there is no shame in having a chemical imbalance or whatever you choose to call it, I do believe that there are times when, while suffering from severe symptoms, that you should work on your treatment. I cannot imagine how someone with a clinical depression could possibly function as President. I couldn't function well as a teacher!
I hope I've made sense with this ramble:
The bottom line: Clinical depression and mental disorders don't mean you are crazy and should be ashamed BUT the job of President is a singularly stress filled job with far too many implications, for all humanity, to be carried by someone suffering from depression.
joey

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
...for articulating on the subject.
My point exactly. I've already admitted to taking Paxil from time to time.
but IAM NOT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
SReed,

Thanks for the information. It looks like I'll have to make a trip to the library and see if they have that book!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

...for articulating on the subject.
My point exactly. I've already admitted to taking Paxil from time to time.
but IAM NOT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.
Thank you.

While I agree it is scary having a President on anti-depressants (not anti- psychotic) meds, you still haven't addressed the fact that many Presidents have retained office while under the influence of drugs.

Which is better, a President that takes medication to treat an illness that puts him in the proper state of mind or a President who takes medication to treat a physical illness and the medication impairs his mental facilities?

I'm not defending Bush, just the concept.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
DC, the whole point is that he is the president of the united states and it is said the reason he's being prescribed meds is because he's dillusional and quotes God all the time as having directed him to do whatever he does.

A simple Google search will bring up much on this subject.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

it is said the reason he's being prescribed meds is because he's dillusional and quotes God all the time as having directed him to do whatever he does.

I really am not trying to be a thorn in your side, I promise...

But - what about all the self-proclaimed Christians that state God talks to them and they are doing His will? Should they also be put on medications because they are following their religious beliefs, right or wrong?

I don't think that someone with strong religious beliefs should necessarily be labeled "delusional". And how does a strong religious belief mean that someone be labeled "psychotic", which are TWO different things (along with the associated medications for either condition).

Now, if you told me that he was hearing AND seeing things, and felt the need to sacrifice cute little fuzzy animals - then I'd wonder...

Again I'll say - I believe the REASON for him being on medications should be the concern. And there are people that share your concern on that point!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You are absolutely right and i am wrong [...] Now that you have the absolute truth, I say to you do a little research and you might come across stories

A search for 'bush' and 'antipsychotic' results in nothing on the reuters website, which is where you said it was reported. One can only assume that you misread an actual reuters news article.

sreed:
It was an article put out July 29th on the internet news site, Capital Hill Blue

Same result as above

dgtempe:
The truth is i must be allllll wrong if i cant spell a medical term

You spelled 'skeletal' cf 'schelectical' or something. What were your functions in this pharmacy?

Oh, but its impossible for this president to be on anti-spychotic meds. Right

No one has said that. Do you have the news source for this claim?

So- when I hear something on the Radio or on TV, then it must be "not verifiable" because I cant provide a link.

Correct, it is not verified.

www.capitolhillblue.com/ artman/publish/article_4921.shtml
"The exact drugs Bush takes to control his depression and behavior are not known"

Also, this is not reuters and is a report from an editor for this website. It lists as support a phsychiatrist who has never examined bush. And it isn't about anti-pyschotics, its about anti-depressants.

sreed:
Frank, M.D. He is a clinical professor at Georgetown University Medical Center and has made an indepth psychoanalysis of Bush.

He hasn't made an indepth psychoanalyis of bush. He hasn't sat down with him and doesn't seem to have access to any special information.

Looks like there isn't any good information on this at all. If anyone has any, they should present it, because there certainly hasn't been any presented yet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join