It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States president on anti-psychotic meds?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I totally understand that some people need anti depressants. I have taken Prozac for about 13 years.

But, I do not think that the President of the United States should be running the country if he has depression, anxiety, or any other illness that SSRIs are prescribed for.

Once, I was denied a job as a 911 dispatcher because I take Prozac. I had passed the written test with flying colors, had good references, and no criminal history in the background check. Apparently, the police dept in this area did not feel that someone who was prone to depression could handle such a high stress, demanding job. I'd guess that the job of President of the US falls into the stressful, demanding category as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
the world is probably safer with him on SSRIs anyway. Double his dose I say!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I've taken prozac twice. Once for depression, and then once for a pain in my feet (don't ask me, crazy doctor?).
Both times, they blew my mind. I couldn't figure out simple things like how to light a lighter, or turn on a stove. This first time, I kept seeing furry little critters running around my mothers floors (there wasn't any furry critters in my mom's house, believe me, once she had seen them, they'd be dead furry critters.) I don't like them, won't take them again, ever! But, to be honest, most medications don't act the way the should with me, many make me break out, make me sick ect.
I saw bush on tv yesterday, he seemed saner than when I was on the things. I would have never been able to spend that long talking and sound sane throughout it.
Beats me...but sometimes I think the guy is living on another planet anyway, he doesn't need any drugs for that effect.....
maybe it's the old name-it-and-claim it philosophy that came into the religous circles a couple of decades ago...ya know, you pray for something, then you confess it, then you just go alone like it will be delivered to you. I've seen people rent houses twice what they could afford using this philosophy...only to move out shortly afterwards..
it doesn't work.
don't think it's working for Bush either.
also, I've read some of these reports on the web. They never mention what he's on, and it's being given to him for paranoid tendecies and depression according to them....they might be more than just antidepressants, which I'm not sure would help paranoia any.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If I were him I'd put myself on all kinds of drugs to cope, do you really think someone can handle all the pressure, stress, and everything that comes along with being prez. I'd have delusions also.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Paranoid tendencies?!? Ok, I can understand the depression... I'd be depressed, too, if everyone in the world hated me and it was all over the news and NOT a paranoid episode! But Paranoid tendencies? Great... not only is our prez putting us through war, he is a PARANOID prez putting us through war!

Seriously, have any of you ever been around someone with paranoid dilusions? It's freaky. I've been ducked into alleys for no reason, ducking in cars for no reason, spending whole days looking over my shoulder for no reason, just because I had a paranoid friend. It's a serious matter!

Man, Bush is paranoid, and Cheney has ticking death in his chest! What about the other world leaders? I bet Bush has THEM ducking in alleys, too!

/bash off

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Perhaps we shouldn't have a President who had:

Smallpox (Washington)

Polio (FDR)

Needed Mental Health Drugs (JFK): During the first six months of his presidency, Kennedy's physicians "administered large doses of so many drugs that [ Janet] Travell kept a `Medicine Administration Record'" [5b]. Many of the drugs Kennedy received affect thinking:

cortisone [injected] Cortisol has profound psychological effects. At one extreme, "steroid psychosis" can result. At the other, a profound sensation of well-being can occur. In between, the effects are more difficult to characterize.

cortisone [oral]
lomotil For diarrhea. Contains anti-cholinergic compounds, which, in toxic doses, can make someone "mad as a hatter."
paregoric For diarrhea. Contains opium. Mentation is probably unaffected if used in reasonable doses, but Kenndey was taking at least 3 medications for diarrhea, suggesting that doses were high.

phenobarbital - A classic "downer"

trasentine - An anti-diarrhea medication. There is very little published about this drug. Side effects include giddiness and euphoria.

Tuinal - A mixture of secobarbital and amobarbital Kennedy used to help him sleep. Amobarbital is better known as Amytal, one of the more common "truth serum" drugs.

Amphetamines - Post and Robins, writing in 1993, thought it was "highly suggestive" that Kennedy took amphetamines while President, but considered it unproven [13a]. The recent Atlantic article states definitively that Kennedy received injections of amphetamines and painkillers from " Feelgood," a.k.a. Max Jacobson [5b]. Kennedy dismissed concerns about the injections, saying, "I don't care if it's horse piss. It works." Jacobson's medical license was revoked in 1975. Previously, in 1969, all controlled substances in his possession were confiscated by the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs [13a]. It is thought that Kennedy was under the influence of amphetamines when he made his "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech [13a

Just to name a few. I'm not defending Bush, just stating that many former Presidents had issues of their own and many of them are considered great Presidents.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You got the scoop on all the prez meds. Inside scoop?Truth is we cannot have presidents on "mood altering drugs prescribed for psychosis and paranoya"

I dont care if he uses Preparation H, aspirins, suppositories,Vicks VaporRub,
or which enema he uses... as long as it is NOT something to treat "dilussions": ie: Voices in his head, God speaking directly to him or by way of Cheney

Get the message?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I agree to a certain extent. What about JFK? Some of his drugs were mind altering.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
JFK used drugs for another purpose. I believe he had muscular scheletical problems-

He did not take them for "delusions"- Big difference.

Effect of the drug on JFK would be different than for Bushe's mental problem.
Mental patient: drug is given and lord knows reaction

Physical problem: drug is given to ease another problem- no need to worry about Mental reaction, although possible, already mentally stable patients should not have adverse reaction.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
JFK used drugs for another purpose. I believe he had muscular scheletical problems-

He did not take them for "delusions"- Big difference.

Effect of the drug on JFK would be different than for Bushe's mental problem.

Physical problem: drug is given to ease another problem- no need to worry about Mental reaction, although possible, already mentally stable patients should not have adverse reaction.

If I smoke marijuana for pain it still affects my mental capacities. Just becuase JFK took it for "other reasons" dosn't mean it didn't change his mental judgement.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Well, Reuters carried the story Friday- sorry that im not able to give exact location.

This is the second post you've made without being able to back up your claim with a link. Do you plan on providing a credible source for your information?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
true, however the mental patient isMENTAL already as opposed to other patient who is in his right mind.

Therefore drugs would have different outcomes on each individual-

PERHAPS A DOCTOR ON ATS CAN CLARIFY THIS. IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Posts for this subject have been around for awhile. It appeared on Jeff Rense-
good luck. Nor credible enough??? oh well- truth is story is old news now.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Posts for this subject have been around for awhile. It appeared on Jeff Rense-
good luck. Nor credible enough??? oh well- truth is story is old news now.

You started this thread with an allegation and a promise to find a credible news source for your information - I'm simply asking you to follow through.

Rense is not a credible news source. Besides your original post indicated that your information came from Reuters. When someone posted the Reuters story - you dismissed it as not being the same one. I think you are, again, mistaken and it was the same story.

So - where's the original story from Reuters or any other credible news source? If you find it, I'll happily concede the point.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
link < here it is.

Now back off. Do i have to answer to your mind probing?

I think not. I said from the beginning "Jeff Rense" wouldnt be accepted as a "credible" source for your type. However THIS news is from last week.

Why post it??? so you can still slam it and say its not credible?

Deal with it and move on to another post.
Gnite, sargeant.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

link < here it is.

That's where I thought you got it.

Why post it??? so you can still slam it and say its not credible?

I already told you I would concede the point if you could produce the Reuter's story. In fact, it would have a profound impact on my opinion of Bush.

You forget the whole point of this board is to deny ignorance - to sort through the BS out there on the net and determine what's accurate.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You are absolutely right and i am wrong. I know the rules are to post a link for new threads-
While I did see the story in many websites across the internet, I (lowers head down and bows in shame) could not put link up because I couldnt figure out how.

Since then, I have gone thru the tutoring and now understand how to do it.
HOWEVER, now I cant find the old postings.

Now that you have the absolute truth, I say to you do a little research and you might come across stories-
Bley- you actually think the mainstream media is going to carry such a story?
When you say the news source is not "credible" its a source which carries every day news- and doesnt hold back or hide stuff like media.

If the mainstream media were to have this story, they would just simply say : "Our president has been prescribed some medication" Dont expect them to tell you what for, how much, or the real story.

What you just listen to TV crap? No wonder you're voting for Bush....

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wassabi
I dont like Bush much but there just isn't any verifiable and agreed upon proof that he is on any kind of drugs.

- Was

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Wassabi]

Ditto, can't stand him either but I can't find anything about this story from credible or non credible sources for that matter. I highly doubt this story is true.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

JFK used drugs for another purpose. I believe he had muscular scheletical problems

Even a pharmacy tech knows that it's "MUSCULOSKELETAL"...

What state were you in when you worked "for years" at the pharmacy you have alluded to? Because if this is what you've learned from working there, then the FDA and the DEA need to go in a shut it down before any patients become harmed from the blatant ignorance that is obviously being taught by the employees.

I can understand your concern of the president having some type of problem that could potentially put us at risk. That is an excellent, valid concern. This concern is shared by more people than you realize.

However, if you want to make your point, PLEASE do not attempt to establish yourself as an authority on something you make glaringly obvious you truly know nothing about.

Am I an expert? NO, absolutely not. But I know enough to spot the holes in your logic and defense.

And the sarcasm is not warranted, nor is it appreciated.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I remember reading the article about Bush being on medication a couple of weeks ago. It was an article put out July 29th on the internet news site, Capital Hill Blue. It was still in their archived news articles as of last night if anyone wants to read it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join