It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dumbing down + distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I was thinking about "the dumbing down of people" kind of story and I was wondering if it really is something which you can call "dumbing down"? Isn't it more like somekind of "distraction" from life?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Spend one day in any school in America. Dumbing down has become a full time industry.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I see the same happening in my country to, the requirements to go to college or university are lower than 5/10 years ago. Also you got all kinds of weird/useless new study's like "gamedesign", "media & music management" and "sparetime management" for example...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Whoa there "game design" is pretty important to me i do like to get away from it all in deep online multiplayer...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Nice, you are a victim of "them", it is important "to you" and in the future you are going to sell 100% pure useless crap to people...

Pick a study were you can actually help people with their problems, but that is "offcourse" less cool...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Dumb down, create a dependent, nanny state of citizens who live in fear, whilst at the same time transferring control of peoples lives to the hands of corporations.
Goverment then acts as a toothless go between. So Mother(corporation) tells child(citizen) off for being naughty(unjustly in childs view). Child complains to father(goverment). Father tells child he understands but they must do as their Mother wishes. Father wants a quiet life whilst enjoying the fringe benefits of the marriage.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar

Whoa there "game design" is pretty important to me i do like to get away from it all in deep online multiplayer...

There is multilayer under construction but its unlike anything that has hit the market. It has been in development for over five years. It has been presented to the major game publishers within the American continent, Asian continent and European continent behind closed doors with a school equivalent of lawyers prior to screening. To give you the impact it had, various military personal requested private screenings of the game from various nations. Estimated game installation (dvd's) has been estimated to be at seven.

new topics

top topics

join