It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K.D. Lang looks like Charlie Sheen??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
"This Just In: CTV News Likes to Laugh at Famous Lesbians."

This was the title of a blog by Aiden Morgan, from Prairie Dog Newspaper out of Regina Saskatchewan, and is now the reason for a defamation suit filed by Manfred Joehnck of CTV News.

This is what was said by Joehnck during the CTV News, while chatting with sports anchor Chris Hodges:

"Well, the older she gets, the more she looks like Charlie Sheen," Joehnck commented, adding "I didn't mean that in a bad way."

"Oh yeah," replied Hodges, "that was the most flattering way you could possibly say that she looks like a freaked out, meth-head on the downside . . ."

"No," interjected Joehnck. "Charlie on a good day — not his webpage days."

Read more: www.leaderpost.com...

www.leaderpost.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a83e5396385.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16bb77cd2aa7.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know about you, but I think the whole thing is just funnier than hell and I'm pretty sure that most lesbians including Ms. Lang have thicker skin than to be terribly offended by this. Then again....some folks just live to be offended. That's why we have this whole "political correctness" idiocy happening, I guess.

Thoughts, quips, jokes & comments welcome.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Shes much better looking than Charlie. His nose is like a rudder and he has the ravages of abuse written all over his face. Neither of them have lips. All that aside I definitely would rather hang out with Charlie.

edit on 8-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm from Regina and let me tell u that Manford always tries to be the funny one of CKCK TV News. This really isn't a shock to me. Something more offending will be said by him sooner or later lol.
edit on 8-5-2011 by TgP3o6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thank you for your comments, but I'm not sure why you linked that thread to mine. Is it your opinion that I'm attempting to "dumb down" the reader? I post articles like this not so much as distraction, but to simply have a giggle at life. There needs to be a lighter side to things. I think people shouldn't be rapt in war stories, killing, murder and miscellaneous atrocities every day of the week. In the words of the great "Joker"....."Why so serioussssssss?"

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
reply to post by newcovenant

Thank you for your comments, but I'm not sure why you linked that thread to mine. Is it your opinion that I'm attempting to "dumb down" the reader? I post articles like this not so much as distraction, but to simply have a giggle at life. There needs to be a lighter side to things. I think people shouldn't be rapt in war stories, killing, murder and miscellaneous atrocities every day of the week. In the words of the great "Joker"....."Why so serioussssssss?"

You are right. I will remove it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TgP3o6

Thank you TgP. I'm honored that your 1st post is on my thread. Us Saskatchewanians have to stick together. North Battleford here. Welcome to ATS.

You're right, btw, and he has and WILL say more questionable things, I'm sure. I have no qualms about what he says, but I think perhaps the News is not the right venue for it. Maybe he should get into stand-up comedy...lol

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

yeah i have been on here for years i made an account i just forgot the password and i seen u talking about Regina so i decided to re-join lol. And no problem man i will keep posting and keep up to date with everything here on ATS! As Someone from a small province like Saskatchewan, it amazes me to see people from here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Move on love, collect a sense of humour when you pass Go.

@KD Lang.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
And Rachel Maddow looks like Fred Savage.

new topics

top topics

join