It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies and the Economic Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Unfortunately Zombies are all around us. They are our neighbors and co-workers. They are the ones that have not prepared but will remember you have. There is an old saying among preppers, "Have the four G's. (God, Gold, Guns and Grub)
You can sort them out and prioritize them as you wish, but I don't think one is more important than the other. I believe you will need all of them equally.
www.bestmetalresearch.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Why do people believe that "zombies" are gonna come or are here or will end the World etc. etc.???

I mean, come one ... Seriously?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

I never understood preppers obsession with gold. You can't eat it... their logic is it's a bartering item, but if you offer me a gold coin for a can of soup, I'm keeping the soup.

Gold is dead weight.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

If you had 2,000 cans of soup would you trade one for a Gold coin? If you did you might be able to get something else of importance...maybe a milk cow.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

To you that's true.

To the vast majority of people still under the spell of normalcy bias it will be a valued trade.
en.wikipedia.org...

The normalcy bias refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

new topics

top topics

join