It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 3:18 and Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Revelation 3:18

New International Version (©1984)

"I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see."

I am more focusing on the first part where it talks about "Gold refined ( or tried ) in the Fire".

Now I know there are many interpretations of what this passage means. However seeing that Revelation is about the End times and how might this be interpreted for today's times.

Could this be a warning that you should only buy gold that has been melted down to its original 24k state ? I mean with all the people looking to buy gold ( and silver ) and just as many scams out there now.. Hmm.

Or could it mean that you should Only buy gold that you can hold in your hand..and not on paper.

I know some will want to post about " forget gold and buy food,smokes,booze etc ". I am aware of that perception but specifically about the gold part is my question/statement.

Thanks all
.. Jaduguru.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I truly believe gold would be absolutely useless if the economy collapsed, food an ammo would be the best choice. If you needed something to barter with, cigs and booze would be perfect for this type of situation

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think this passage refers to the true value of Gold and not it's monetary value.

Alchemy

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jaduguru

It is about gold as something prescious,it is not literal i think...the message is nothing in this material world can replace the wealth we get from God,i feel like God is truly speaking from me.
Repent your sins to Jesus Christ,and you will be saved,God oves us very,very much,just look at all the beautiful things he gave us.

Celebrate God,and live by His word.
God loves you

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
yessir...gold bullion, the metal ... not the fraudulent ETFs that appears to be overprinted counterfeits for real elemental metal....
even coins are suspect according to my interpetation of the quoted verse in the OP....
sure the physical metal was at one time melted and refined but in the process of making coinage an alloy was created thus reducing the gold content...so as to make the minting process better adapted.

but, here' the big but... it tell the reader to obtain a white suit also...
?what are we to go around like an old 'Bogart film in our white Linen suits carrying gold? to be rich?

goo find though, thanks

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Gold refined in the fire is our faith that is purified by being tested in the furnace of life.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Your question has offered some varied replies, which bear consideration each on its own merit.

My Personal view is this is an Parable or expression which is somewhat as been noted already. It is to do with our belief and faith in God and Christ.

Something akin to what Shadrak, Meshak and Abendigo went thru.

Purified in the fire.

As for the other concerns, White Linen is reflective of purity and has little to do with Bogart.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Gold and all the other precious metals have always fascinated me to no ends! The Holy Bible (King James Version, not the grossly corrupt NIV) says much about such metals.

Gold, unlike many posts here, will never be worth nothing. Gold and silver have a spiritual, physical, and monetary value that will never go away. Don't believe me? Look at the last 6000 years of history for undeniable proof.

Why?? I have no freaking clue. Other than being "pretty" I see no reason for the love of these metals. Their not even RARE for crying out loud!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What good would gold be to you after the events in the book of revelations comes to pass?

What am I missing here? If you believe in one, why don't you believe in the other?

For me personally, the only Christians with any credibility are the ones who live like Christ and his disciples. The rest i wouldn't waste a squirt of gold for.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

first off this is part of a letter sent to the church of Laodicea REV 3:14 and is telling them how poor blind and naked they are, so this is not of our woulds gold but the gold from god... i will leave it there.

top topics

join