It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you pay for ATS subscription?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Simply put...

No

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Certainly, I would pay for this tremendous website.I myself might start charging this website for my genius posts.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i seen how free to use sites die when they start charging with smart.fm, key contributors will feel robbed that a charge is paid to read their posts and will stop posting. content will lessen and people wont bother anymore.
edit on 8-5-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
No. I don't have any money.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
i seen how free to use sites die when they start charging with smart.fm, key contributors will feel robbed that a charge is paid to read their posts and will stop posting. content will lesson and people wont bother anymore.
edit on 8-5-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

* star *

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Mark's (Springer) commented on this lots of times over the years and never seemed keen on making it a pay-site. 'User-generated content' is the driving force behind ATS and it's hard to see how that can be confined behind a 'pay-wall.'

A couple of months ago, he did an interview over on the Paratopia podcast and covered some of the same ground iirc.

ATS has tons of members who don't have the spare cash to be paying for forums and most members rarely even post. These core people (families, kids, bills) wouldn't be likely to take money from one thing to pay for something like ATS. Even worse, behind the scenes in real life, a lot of members have lost jobs and/or are really struggling.

Times are tough!

A pay-site ATS would probably be like an echoey cave with tumble weed blowing through...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As much as I love this site, no I would not pay to come here.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I love ATS and visit nearly every day. But I wouldn't pay to be a member of ANY site.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think ATS should offer a subscription based alternative, with premium features, zero ads, customizable, unlimited and unrestricted (except by the T&C) upload space, with all files accepted, extra abilities to organize and filter content to personal likes and dislikes.... on and on and on.

$$$$

The current FREE ATS stays the same, the subscription ATS also accesses the same content, but has more stuff!

I'd consider a subscription fee for something like that.

Nothing changes, unless you pay, and want more stuff and features.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a free site???

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yes I would. This site means a lot to me personally and I consider it worth much more then, say, a magazine subscription. Yet I assume the price would be less then or at least not much more than an average magazine subscription, making it a bargain.

Most people, however, will not pay for a messageboard service, so I suspect if ATS went pay, it would lose most of its members.

One possibility is to keep some parts free and some parts pay-per or "premium" as suggested above. Pricing would be difficult however. Consider the case of the RATS forum. Remember when it was 5000 points to enter? These were ATS points, not real money, and even then not many people subscribed to RATS. Because there wasn't much user activity there, people who had paid felt ripped off. Eventually ATS made RATS "cheaper" but even so it's still not exactly hopping, compared to most forums. I imagine a premium service could run into the same problem.
edit on 5/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
This is a free site???

Price of admission: Your complacency and the wool over your eyes.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
no

no

no

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No, mainly because I refuse to put financial information online. So, how would I pay if I were willing? I have gotten rid of all my credit cards. I have 1 debit card, but I will get rid of that when I quit my job in a few more months. I will be leaving my bank at the same time. I plan to be strictly cash/barter after I leave my job. So, No.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
no
you could ask for donations?
if we had to pay.
they we can see the accounts.

steven704 in england we Pay for TV.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
nope...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
NO
1. The site is based upon user generated content - NONE of us recieve payment for contributing.

2. Havent seen ANY web site worth paying to use.

3. Im not rich and dont throw my money around on anything that isnt a necessity .. At current exchange rate my annual cash income is about u.s 600 a year.

Bad idea charging to use a site. Guess westerners still have money to burn..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

No, i would not pay.
There is something going on here.
Anyone who puts 9/11 video fakery threads into the
hoax section is covering up something and are not
to be trusted for the whole truth.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As Howard Stern once said "Are You Serios?" I'm pretty sure his "pay per view" worked well for him.

If ATS offers stock to the subscribers...as an incentive,the conspircay's would write out for a great sitcom.

Penny Stock... Let it go public.. How fun would THAT be?

Can you imagine heavy donations having a heavier influence on the outcome of a thread?

Just like in real life and the movies. Too fun.

I vote NO unless we can buy stock options,or they're included in the subscriptoion fee

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
NO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join