It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you pay for ATS subscription?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
As the members for ATS grow and grow each minute, under the law of averages the resources that are required to continue a high quality , entertaining and informative website should proportionally rise.

That being said, in order to keep the quality up and the content good, would anyone pay for a subscription and if so how much is it worth to you?

Just asking...
edit on 8-5-2011 by guessing because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Polls I like polls,

No.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sure... if it didn't cost too much. I mean one or two dollars a month would be fine by me. I've heard some newspapers are going to start charging because people just aren't buying the printed papers anymore. I hope ATS doesn't start charging, but instead if they have too, they'll get more advertising accounts in the future to cover their costs instead of charging their members.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That'll ruin ATS.

Pay for 'Real' News?

No Gracias =)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No because there are too many rules on ATS. I tolerate them now because it is a free service, but if I was actually paying for this then I would not tolerate someone stopping me from expressing my views because it is against their rules. You asked.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ill offer my daughter and my first born in sacrifice for ATS

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Probably not.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
No i would not pay, if ATS made such a move they would lose an extremely large percentage of conspiracy minded folks that could and do contribute greatly towards what makes this site great in the first place.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
No because there are too many rules on ATS. I tolerate them now because it is a free service, but if I was actually paying for this then I would not tolerate someone stopping me from expressing my views because it is against their rules. You asked.

I'm sure some others here would feel the same. I could just hear them now, "Ban Me Mods...NO...I Ban You"

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it !!!!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
at the minute no, i wouldnt pay a subscription, why? beacuse the drivel and petty arguing between members FAR outwieghs the good stuff.

Sort that out and I'd happily pay a monthly, or yearly fee, sorting the above out is easier said than done though...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
banners and interactive ads. they are the means and balance to keep websites free.

Television. you don't pay to watch television because the commercials are actually the big spenders.
ATS has been around for awhile..investers would jump at the chance to sponsor this site. There are ads on this site as we speak.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
NO.

I said once before too, Do you think they would make us pay for the greatest psychological database that has ever been data mined in human history?

Think about it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well, we like to call what we do here the "truth" and the truth should never be paid for in anything less than blood sweat and tears.

I think you have my answer.

ALS

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Pay money for a member driven site?

Paying for a site that generates its own original content, maybe.

This is not that site.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
How much does ATS make through advertising again?

But to put it bluntly, no. I'd leave ATS for good, as would many others. (ATS isn't the only forum around...)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No, I would not pay for ATS subscription. I would not for the simple reason I have too many bills as it is. I live from paycheck to paycheck with NO left over. I am down to counting pennies each Friday so it would be just one more bill and at this point I can not handle that. So if ATS starts charging to use the site them that will leave me out as I am willing to say I will not be the only one. So ATS do what you must be remember what ever happens good or bad you will have no one to blame but your self.

I had to edit this post to add this. With all the talk about threads and posts disappearing for little if any reason and now the idea this may became a pay site makes me feel that we are about to lose ATS. It is like ATS is being taken down bit by bit from the inside. Is ATS in auto-destruct mode?
edit on 5/8/2011 by fixer1967 because: To add to post

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Not a chance. Someone already said it but all the content here is provided by the members. We could just as easily go somewhere else to talk, or start our own forum. I imagine the vast majority feel the same way. There are plenty of places to go to get our weekly "entertainment" for free. The minute this becomes a paid forum is the minute it is removed from my "favorites" list and never visited again. I don't think the site ownership is that stupid.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ukmicky1980

This is the main reason I asked.

Thnaks

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'd rather not, but if they made ATS subscription only I probably would fork out the money depending on my finances which I predict will worsen within the next 6 months. It would be a shame to be priced out of ATS, ATS should be for everyone, not just those who can afford it. I know that will sound like commie speak to some

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join