It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Strong Teen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know this guy whos 14 that can lift 235 pounds 12 times and max out at 325 pounds is it normal for someone this age to be this strong?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
At 14 I benched 250 all the time. Both my sons did also, my 15 year old does 300+ and my 17 year does 400+

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Perfectly normal. When i played football in high school, there were at least 4 guys benching 500. None of us on the squad did less than 225, even the defensive backs were pushing at least 250
i myself had a max of about 310.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i think the most i ever did was 90 in my life. heh.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
When you say lift I presume you mean bench press? Probably since it's not a very impressive number for a squat. Bench press, for the most part, is all technique and body type. Would this person happen to have short arms and a small stature?

Different people develop physically at different rates (one of the problems with everything in society being based on age). Anyway, probably natural.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindWarrior

Different people develop physically at different rates (one of the problems with everything in society being based on age). Anyway, probably natural.

Yeah, no kidding. My boy at 15 was 6'8" and 250lbs. Try getting HIM into theaters for a student price!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Amuk has a big food bill at home

But my nephew was over 6' and big,....in middle school.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's not unusual for someone at that age to be able to develop the muscles to lift that much. However, in many cases the skeletal structure has not developed fully enough to properly support that much, and permanent damage can result. The age varies widely person to person, but typically at 15-16 years a person can safely begin hardcore weighlifting. (there are various studies with different conclusions, but that's the general consensus)

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've been strength training for the past few months and can bench about 210. A friend of mine just tsarted and he's already lifting more than me. But he is much shorter and a bulkier guy in general. Body type does have a lot to do with it.

top topics

join