It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed man killed in his bedroom as family watches.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This article reminded me of some important points to consider - just thought I would share it - www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well he wasnt entirely unarmed, i mean there were quite a few ak47's in the room. But does it really matter? were the innocent people he killed armed? I think any family of the victims would not have hesitated to shoot him in the head, part vengeance, part justice i think.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
is it safe to assume the guy that had hundred of people bear explosive vests is afraid of martyrdom?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

If Hitler had been unarmed and shot by allied forces would people be complaining? I'm not saying Bin Laden's as bad as Hitler but he's still pretty bad regardless of whether he had a gun at the time they took him out. He orchestrates mass murder, that doesn't mean we need to dehumanize him of course but it also doesn't mean we need to show lenience to a man we know is guilty of a great many terrible things.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Makes me wonder how many of the 911 victims were armed, I find the sympathy for this guy being expressed recently is remarkable, false and rather sickening.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by moonrunner

Nowhere in the article does it express any sympathy for Bin Laden. However, I think it highlights how perhaps other countries expected a slightly more noble approach from the USA. Doesn't it make you wonder how after capturing dozens of other terrorists alive, in this situation we didn't? I also thought it was interesting to re-examine the original motivations of the terrorists and how we capitulated to their demands, as opposed to what we are currently being told. I think the article provides a great deal of insight to what this is really all about.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just think how bad the world would be if everybody took the same stance as US Seals.

....Shoot first, answer questions later.

Revenge is another route of evil.

Does nobody remember the saying "Two wrongs dont make a right"

All this hollywood mass media publicising is straight out of steven speilbergs movie reel rack.

Cut the bullc**p , Enough is enough , We need peace .... Not hitlists , targets , war weapons.

On and on i go ....lol

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It's not about sympathy, it's about the moral high ground.

Something which our governments have lost and will never get back.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
innocent until proven guilty. this was a bad day for america...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Are all these OBL threads being made on purpose just to clog this forum up with nonsense bs? Who is a member here that feels they need to add another OBL thread with the 100s currently active? Seriously, enough is enough about OBL, post things in active threads, there's a OBL thread for every stitch of his clothing and hair on his head.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
However, I think it highlights how perhaps other countries expected a slightly more noble approach from the USA.

Hope maybe.
Expect? Certainly not!

There's a reason people outside the USA don't trust Americans.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Ah, you understand completely. Very nice way to put it. I think it is very important to grasp the moral, ethical and philosophical implications as to what was done and the social implications it has for this country and our standing in the world. Thank you.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Gotta be honest... I would have flat out killed him myself had I found him.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yes, on a lot of different levels this is bad news for America - I just wonder how many people know it?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

edit on 8-5-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe I'm the weird one here,

But a gang of armed men bust into someone's home, and murder an unarmed old man in front of his family, to me, is not something to be proud of.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I'm sorry, but I don't think that it's "nonsense bs" to examine and ask questions about what brought us to this point, why it occurred, especially how it was handled and the possible future implications it has for the USA. It's not so much about OBL, as much as it's about the critical moral and ethical considerations that differentiates us from 'terrorists'. I hope to God that we have not lost that distinction.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

"Makes me wonder how many of the 911 victims were armed, I find the sympathy for this guy being expressed recently is remarkable, false and rather sickening."

Last I checked, the FBI website does not tie OBL to 911. Since you believe the "official" story that OBL did 9/11, you better believe the "official" voice on OBLs crimes as well.

new topics

top topics

join