It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Cave Dive Leaves Mystery (or: "take a break" from OBL thread!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks like the thread it dying out.

Well, for those who liked it, I'll keep my eyes on the project-if anything developes (or happens) I'll update the thread.

Keep your eyes open to and maybe beat me to it!

Peace

(now, back to the latest OBL B.S from the MSM & Obama)...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Sorry I have to join on that, I made my diving license when I was 11 years old and I´m even not signing my logbook anymore because I reached a thousend dives a year ago. You sound like you´re a beginner (no bad intentions here)

....it's the opposite when you scuba dive. you look up and you realize how deep you are. then there's the pressure, which splits your ears with a pain that feels like a metal ice pick is being jabbed in your brain.

I never ever had this feeling when looking up, I never heard any buddy or other guys on the boat saying something like that. When you have pressure in your ears, just move your jar around and it will be gone. You only feel pain when you´re ascend to fast.

then the gasping for air, because the feeling is so unnatural that you feel like you're drowning.

No gasp if you´re familar with it, if not dont dive.

then the fact that if for any reason, if your regulator malfunctions or gets knocked out of your mouth.

If your regulator malfunctions, you better have the second one, I recommend that because if your buddy runs out of air or his regulator mafunctions you don´t have to share your regulator. If it gets knocked out of your mouth, just roll to the right and reach your arm behind, you will fetch it automaticly

you could only hold your breath for a maximum of 3 seconds because of the pressure and you'll automatically gasp and swallow a complete lung full of water.

You know the fact that if you breath in the compressed air or any other mixture, that it takes more volume but your lung wont be squezzed when you take the regulator out of your mouth. Imagine, you would not be able to hold it with your teeths.

literally your dive partner has to be like a maximum of 6 or 7 feet away to get you help in time. and that's even if he notices you're in trouble. any farther away from that and you're pretty much dead.

This is why you better have a clicker or a bonker so you can make some noises that he will hear.

So it was almost total nonesense what you wrote and I just wanted to correct that for others that will read it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
have you ever been scuba diving. you have to be nuts to do this. when you are high up, they tell you not to look down.

it's the opposite when you scuba dive. you look up and you realize how deep you are. then there's the pressure, which splits your ears with a pain that feels like a metal ice pick is being jabbed in your brain.

Never have I heard about anybody that when looking up feels how deep he/she is , actually after a point there is no way of telling how deep you are besides looking at the gear you have. If somebody did not learn how to release pressure (which is being taught at the first or second lesson) , he or she is not fit to dive.

then the gasping for air, because the feeling is so unnatural that you feel like you're drowning.

What ? That is absurd, I mean what gasping for air? Actually you are being taught to breath slowly and very peacefully or you run out of air pretty quickly and have to go back up. Diving actually teaches you how to control your breathing and make it much more "peaceful". If somebody can't master that then he is not fit for diving below 12m.

then the fact that if for any reason, if your regulator malfunctions or gets knocked out of your mouth, you could only hold your breath for a maximum of 3 seconds because of the pressure and you'll automatically gasp and swallow a complete lung full of water.

Absurd again. I have posed to dozens of pictures underwater without my regulator, holding my breath for much longer than 3 seconds. Sometimes while diving I take out my regulator just for fun , and keep diving for much longer than 3 seconds. And I am talking depths below 20-30m. Besides that you have a backup regulator on you and most wise divers have an emergency micro air bottle (just in case), not even mentioning the wise school of double standard that literally means you have a second set of everything on you.

literally your dive partner has to be like a maximum of 6 or 7 feet away to get you help in time. and that's even if he notices you're in trouble. any farther away from that and you're pretty much dead.

That might be the only paragraph that I could some what agree on . Your diving partner needs to be close, or have a habit of checking on you every few seconds (that is what I do ). Also a wise choice is to carry something that can make noise underwater in order to get the attention of your partner, just in case.
sky diving is much safer.

edit on 8-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Overall I see that You have either never finished your diving course or had a really bad instructor.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

you explained the point better, I´m glad to have backup because my english lacks...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by Thill

you explained the point better, I´m glad to have backup because my english lacks...

Glad to be of service
I am an avid diver and hate it when I see somebody thats has no clue about diving trying to discredit this awesome activity with absurd claims.

PS: for some reason I cannot edit my previous post , so just wanted to correct my last sentence "sky diving is much safer" . This was supposed to be quoted from the previous poster and somehow ended up as my own post , so to clear up I personally believe sky diving is much more hazardous. Never the less it can also be a great sport if you have a good teacher and take all the precautions

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I always tell my friends that if they´re going to a southern country with sea (espacially the redsea), that they should make one of those free test dives at a easy reef. Everyone, if you like water, make a free test dive. You dont want to miss this fun. And dont touch anything

I once had a night dive at a little lagune reef (15m deep max.) and a great buddy with me. After 60 Minutes, the others from the boat went back to have dinner. we spend about 100 minutes down there(otherwhise I would be in deco). It was so peaceful there, probably my best dive yet, no big sightings, it was just awesome. the fact that I had to have a large break and that I would miss the next two dives at the next day was just not enough to quit this moment. Diving is being in peace with mother earth to me.
edit on 19-5-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Cool video thanks!

I had to do some cave dives to get my dive master certification (I think it was 3?) those were the only ones I ever did.

I am fairly claustrophobic and didn't enjoy the scenery as much since I was pretty agitated by the small spaces.

I’ve done some wreck diving as well and even though the spaces are sometimes smaller having a portal or something (even if you know you can't get out) that lets you see the open sea makes the creepy feeling seem less overwhelming.

Perhaps it is wrecks are manmade or something all I know is being under the earth either under water or not is creepy to me.

Now freefall from any altitude I love - enclosed spaces not so much.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Cool video thanks!

Now freefall from any altitude I love - enclosed spaces not so much.

I would love to try it, but it just scares the bleep out of me
I mean i am not scared of flying , I like it very much , but to know that I trust my life to only a few lines freaks the bleep out of me . I know that you have backup systems and all , but still , underwater you can always emergency surface (I know deco sickness can and probably will hit you if you do not make it to a deco chamber in time ), but in the air if something brakes, you have no way of slowing down the descent speed ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join