It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Contrails' Visible 22,300mi Above Earth - With Contrail Enhanced Imagery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you tons Weedwhacker

I always enjoy reading your posts! And I thank you for the extra information!

(I want to say though I was only discounting the computer generated images being "die hard proof".)

My mind believes that airplanes make vapor when high up in the sky, this vapor sticks around for a bit. As for spraying chemicals, I highly doubt it. Controling weather, I would assume they have tried/ing but I don't think they do it day-to-day.

Mainly, I saw this thread. Reading through I felt that I should speak up about that picture, I would link it again but I am lazy. Bonez posted it first, there has been a couple of "just like its" as well.

ATC: Unless we work for them we do not know what they know. I am sure there is classified information at the civilian level of ATC. Knowing this, I can not take their word 100%. Can I take it to 89% sure!

GPS: Again, military has that skewed by miles. It is not uber accurate. I will link to evidence if asked, though I am pretty sure it is common knowledge. Now if the ATC GPS is NOT skewed, then they can not give the civilians the data (general public) for the SAME reasons GPS is skewed. We don't want folks knowing exactly where stuff is. (Well certain stuffs)

With all of that information floating in my head, it leaves much room for the alternative thoughts presented in here. Of course as other posters pointed out, boats make smoke/vapors too
Anyway, thank you again WW for the post! And I will go check out those links now, for I find this stuff interesting and I am bored!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Not really......in the "early days" of GPS, was true....not anymore:

GPS: Again, military has that skewed by miles. It is not uber accurate.

More and more we have GPS updating on-board the airliners....for the Inertial Reference Systems (IRS). Prior to that, they used VOR/DME updating, to refine positional accuracy....lateral position, not altitude. (Although, if equipped, that can also be determined, using GPS signals). Of course.....regulations for such equipment on commercial airliners are more restrictive, and such technology has been used for years before, in private aviation....such as business jets and such.

To say that GPS is not "uber accurate" rather belies the everyday experience of people who have it in their cars, doesn't it??

Now.....of course, IF you really want to get really "conspiratorial" here.....those in control of the GPS satellite network (and, yes...it's the military) can certainly "tweak" it to foul it up, for us petty civilians. In fact, it's Einstein's "fault"!! (LOL!) Watch:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The reason I like Uncinus' suggestion of them possibly being ships is this.

The animated image has a time span of about 08:30 hours.
Using Google Earth with lat/long overlay I calculate that the distance the apparent source of the contrail creating the last half of the X is approximately 125 nautical miles over that time.

125nm / 08:30 = 14.7 knots. A bit slow to be a contrail forming from an aircraft, I think.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Another person who wants something just handed to him.
Try to find what you want to know. Where does the plane from NYC to LAX go? I'm sure there are maps available. Where and did they leave a contrail? Look it up on the many different soundings that will tell you the temperature and RH along the way. Then take that information and compare it to the Appleman chart. Here's a page that has all the math explained that you need to do to get your answer:
Appleman by Math
Since Appleman's work was published back in the late 1950's, here's a report that updates it a bit:
New Techniques for Contrail Forecasting
Now consider your claims. The onus is not on a debunker to prove that something does not exist. It is on the claimant that something does exist. So where is your proof that "chemtrails" do exist? What tipped the scales for you in your search for the truth? And pictures, videos, even personally viewing trails in the sky don't mean a thing unless you can identify the chemical content of what you are looking at. Unless you have a lazer spectrometer. But even then, you would need to prove that it is functioning correctly and that someone is qualified to process the data given.
See how much there is to learn? It's why I debunk. People don't know what they don't know about something. They see something online, think "Gee, I've never noticed that before", and apparently just believe whatever happens to be first on Google as the answer. Without knowledge, that is just embracing ignorance, not denying it. What the debunkers have is decades of study that enhances, refines, and supports each report, experts in the actual fields of study involved, and the knowledge that no government or entity can repeal the laws of science. It's why we sound the same......and "chemtrailers" don't.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

stars....I think you may have misinterpreted adigregorio....I get you, but check some of (his?) posts carefully....

Also.....I covered the ATC tracking info, in a post....maybe there is a lag, in how we view ATS pages? Possible....could explain a LOT of confusion that sometimes prevails, in fast-moving thread discussion...hmmmm..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Edit to add: I do like this ship explanation, but it looks like whatever is making it is moving with the weather as it is creating it, which is odd. Even looking at that somewhat elementary illustration below, that ship is not moving with the weather, the exhaust is subject to wind while the ship keeps a steady course unlike what appears in the OP animated image.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df7d8b79ab80.gif[/atsimg]

It kind of looks like that, but the two North trails have the ship out of the cloud bank already, and the ship heading east is actually travelling along this green line (probably towards the Panama canal), and the trails is being blown out at an angle from the direction of travel.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/572404180d7b.gif[/atsimg]
Animation:

edit on 8-5-2011 by Uncinus because: fixed image

edit on 8-5-2011 by Uncinus because: Link ot animated gif

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Roger that, it makes sense for the most part. Should be safe to conclude the X was created by ship exhaust and not airplanes, then. It's interesting that they can remain hugely visible for an entire day or longer, I think. By the way nice choice in avatar you have there, relating to the topic.

Cheers.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

They don't last any longer than the clouds around them. Really all a ship trail is is a change in the visual density of the clouds. You don't see ship trails when the sky is clear, unlike contrails. They always seem to be in a bank of existing cloud.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent

Jeah, I don't think that's going to happen. If "chemtrailers" are going to continue to insist that there's some sinisiter plot to spray the whole sky with some chemical(s), then whatever they're spraying will be all over every single thing outside. I don't know what part of that you don't understand.
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Whatever is found or not found on the ground is still no proof whatsoever of what goes on in the sky. I don´t know what part you don´t understand about that.

That is the debunkers point.

However when people DO take samples from here or there and claim that it shows what ahs raineddown from above, the samples generally show a random distribution - in some places they are high, in some low.

If there was something being sprayed from above, and if it was making it to ground, then you'd expect the samples to be high everywhere, and whatever it was that was being sprayed to be evident everywhere.

If people claim that they are spraying a certain chemical, but you can´t find large amounts of that chemical on the ground, doesn´t mean the chemical was not sprayed.

so what? the claim is that it IS being sprayed, and sampels are being given as evidence that it IS being sprayed.

So if the evidence doesnt' stack up then neither does the suggestion.

The point is, you keep bringing this up in threads where noone is actually talking about spraying Al or barium. it seems like you are always the first and only person to bring this up, and you complain about chemtrailers talking about the very same stuff.

Trust me he's not the 1st - aluminium and barium have been staples of the chemtrail hoax for years, and are the subject of pretty much all the "big" chemmie studies such as Arizona Skywatch, What in the world are they spraying, samples at Mt Shasta, etc., etc.

I guess there is a small understanding by chemmies now that the aluminium/barioum thing is not actually supportable, and so perhaps you are suggesting something else is being sprayed?

But the logic applies to anything that might be being sprayed - not jsut aluminium and barium. So I'd be interested in finding out what the new chemtrail paradigm is going to be.....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm through talking about chemtrails and other things that not a single person is or can or will do a dam thing about ......Why waste your time and energy on something you are not going to stop, right now anyway...At this point in "Time" they have us, but not for to much longer....Once these bastards are rounded up and put in Guantanamo Bay and water boarded a few hundred times, we will all know the truth then...I can hardly wait.....

Water Boarding and testicular shock rule.....at least that is what "they" say....well soon see if it works both ways...
edit on 8-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

And there folks, is exactly why the chemtrail hoax is actually dangerous - this guy wants to torture people to stop something that isn't actually happening!!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Sek82
I would have never thought it to be ships.

That "X" is not from ships. It is from contrails that are at or near the altitude of the clouds. That "X" moves in perfect sync with the clouds and jet stream. How someone decided to call it being from ships is beyond my comprehension.

Look up ship trails or ship tracks some time

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Aye, it appears they have it accurate to within a thousandth of a mile now. However, I do remember reading that military likes having it "not so accurate" due to the "bad guys" using our own GPS against us. I mean a "bad guy" would/could have a car GPS too!

Garmin® GPS receivers are accurate to within 15 meters on average

www8.garmin.com...

Furthermore, it seems they have been able to update in regards to the "bad guy" senario:

Disabling operation above these limits exempts the receiver from classification as a munition. Vendor interpretations differ. The rule targets operation given the combination of altitude and speed, while some receivers stop operating even when stationary. This has caused problems with some amateur radio balloon launches that regularly reach 30 kilometers (19 mi).

en.wikipedia.org...

And last, to show I had some merit!!

Selective Availability is a feature of the GPS system that enables the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to purposely degrade the accuracy of signals that are used for civilian purposes. It has not been active since May 1, 2000, when President Clinton ordered it turned off.

www.gps-basics.com...

This assumes it is still turned off of course, conspiracy site and all

Anyway, I thank you again for your links WeedWhacker, as always super awesome! And to others who said I needed things handed, I think my posts were misunderstood a bit. I was just saying that the thread needed more than a static computer manipulated image to discount the OPosts ideas. Remember, I don't subscribe to "chemtrails" I think these are just a byproduct of our air traffic, vapors etc. I also don't subscribe to "lack of evidence"...

Anyway, I will keep my eyes in here. I really enjoyed learning!

PS I would use those links all the time Weedwhacker, in the chemtrail threads. Use them similar to the stellarium for UFO sightings

edit on 5/8/2011 by adigregorio because: tenth (to) thousandth (Amercian ignorance, check!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join