It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malema: White people are criminals

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I have posted about this guy before, and he is at it again. For some background history on this guy, check out this thread
Malema is a person in alot of power in our goverment. Labelling white people as thieves and criminals is invoking hatred and fear. This is not the answer to solving racism which is allready such a big issue.

I cannot believe that he would say these things, and not even consider the consequences. Obviously he is on a power trip and is forgetting what its about.

The local campaigning for elections might be another reason he is making these ridiculous statements about white people.

VVV

www.iol.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-5-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: to add the link

Trouble with your position is that, in the case of South Africa, his accusation is completely true. Every white person there is the descendant of invaders and thieves, has inherited stolen property, and for most of the whites living there now, was a participant in a brutally aparthied system of oppression.

When the Arabs of Sudan act like the whites of South Africa, no one hesitates to call them criminals. When the Chinese do to Tibet what the Dutch and british did to South Africa, no one hesitates to demand they be held accountable. And hell, a great many people even call Israel out for its land theft and apartheid system, and demand Israelis be held accountable.

Malema is not the cause of racial unrest in south Africa - a history of foreign invaders and thieves who used military might to oppress the rightful owners of the territory, and then when forced to cede power loaded the country with economic time bombs with the assistance of the IMF and world bank, is the cause of South Africa's racial tension; Malema is just pointing out the obvious.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I cannot believe that he would say these things, and not even consider the consequences. Obviously he is on a power trip and is forgetting what its about.

I think the racist portion is regrettable, but in terms of property rights in a non racist way, he is right. Why should people who have had the land they have historically lived upon "claimed" by people honor that claim? They shouldnt. Why should they? There is a real double standard in the world as far as property rights go, and they always favor the rich and powerful. Often, those rich and powerful people ARE white.

So while I understand why he is making the leap to racism, it doesnt excuse it. And the racist crap detracts from his very good point. Why should we let thieves and bullies play by one set of rules, while the rest of us honor the rules they set up to prevent us from doing the same?

We shouldnt. Its stupid.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow no liberties in what we can talk about even when following rules and being nice. Primitive, oh well Malema is interesting, look into what he is saying, besides the racial stuff alot of what he says makes a ton of sense. Seriously the kid might be great some day he is just young and still figuring out political waters.

And islam is the youngest even if they censor us pointing out history

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

You are joking right.. the guy has accomplished nothing except being a lousy controversial politician, and even during his political career he has spewed hate, was convinced of hate speech (singing a song about shooting the whites), supporting Mugabe and trying to import his total failure of an economic reform into South Africa, and was criticized even by black organisations...

edit on 8/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

Are we reading the same article?

edit on 8/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gullyman

Hell yea he would have been middle eastern... genes is genes and you cannot wish away a population. He was tanned for sure brother.

As obvious as Malame's words that is. We must always acknowledge the truth I think that is what Maleme is up too, searching for it. You can sense his passion and the story of his life is amazing. And all I did was read wiki.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The staff is closing this thread. maybe temporarily, maybe for good. If and when it is reopened ANY off topic posts will be dealt with by actions against your account. Posting bans or permanent if warranted. Just for the record, this is the topic:

Malema: White people are criminals

www.iol.co.za

White people should be treated as “criminals” for “stealing” land from black people, ANC Youth League president Julius Malema told an enthusiastic crowd in Kimberley yesterday where he appeared on the same platform as President Jacob Zuma.

Malema was the main attraction as he pulled out all the stops in his campaign for local elections, now just days away.

“They (whites) have turned our land into game farms… The willing-buyer, willing-seller (system) has failed,” Malema said.

“We must take the land without paying. They took our land without paying. Once we agree the

And the follow up:

I have posted about this guy before, and he is at it again. For some background history on this guy, check out this thread
Malema is a person in alot of power in our goverment. Labelling white people as thieves and criminals is invoking hatred and fear. This is not the answer to solving racism which is allready such a big issue.

The local campaigning for elections might be another reason he is making these ridiculous statements about white people.

VVV

www.iol.co.za
edit on 8-5-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: to add the link

Guide yourselves accordingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join