It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLANET X('s inhabitants) - consider this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks guy

Alright so what if they're not as advanced as we are? What if they're at the point (technologically) that we were in the 50's..

Could we help them? Bring (some of) them to earth somehow? WOULD we?
edit on 8-5-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I buy into a lot of stuff, BUT just with my nickel and dime.

When I see it with my own two eyes like a bright sun on the sky.....I will believe.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Geez there's some wild imaginings on this thread... like the duration of orbit for alleged Nibiru being 240,000 years!

To that responder.. read up some more mate.. the duration of orbit is 3,600 years according to the Sumerian Tablet versions of Genesis... not the later writings.

And like all orbiting bodies Nibiru would have variations to the path it travels each time, even if only for the gravitational effects upon it as it travels within this solar system. Example: Our earth has a variation of up to 6 degrees as it orbits around the Sun... which may account for Ice Ages, etc, when it is further from the sun.

If Nibiru is real and as stated in the Sumerian history, then we can assume no living thing exists on its surface due to the intense cold of space while the 'planet' is far from our Sun. So if bipedal lifeforms do live on Nibiru they would likely live underground.

I've often wondered about their technological advancement compared to us.. reason being that according to the Sumerian history the Anunnaki were still using Rocketry when they last left earth prior to the devastasting flooding of the middle east.. and yet they had been using Rocketry for all of the recorded 240,000 year history of their visiting our world. We on the other hand developed it and used it for only 60 years so far and are presently looking for other more effective means of propulsion.

Lastly, not saying I BELIEVE in Nibiru.. I am keeping an Open Mind on the subject for good reason and so take a wait and see approach.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZackZombie
reply to post by ballsdeep

planet X A.K.A. Nibiru passes by every 240,000 years. which is one quarter of a great year, and every great year is the end and beginning of a new world. 2012 is supposed to be the end of this great year and the closest pass of the planet. each other time the planet disrupted the earth within this great year resulted in cataclysmic events. it brought with it the comet that killed the dinosaurs, it shifted the poles causing the ice age and now its going to pass by even closer causing epic disasters, no telling really whats going to happen but its bad.

Where have you read that number of 240 000 years? Sitchin, who was the origin of the Nibiru-theory, said nothing of the sort about it passing by each 240 000 year, but each 3 600. Plus, he also strongly denied that Nibiru would come back in 2012, and was frustrated that so many people claimed that it were.

Anyway.. according to Sitchin, the Nibiruans repaired their planet with the aid of spreading out Gold particles in their atmosphere, which, according to him, was also the reason why they came here- To mine Gold, to build up a shield as protection for each collision.

Don't really believe it myself, though, although I am open to the minor possibility.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Anyway.. according to Sitchin, the Nibiruans repaired their planet with the aid of spreading out Gold particles in their atmosphere, which, according to him, was also the reason why they came here- To mine Gold, to build up a shield as protection for each collision.

Don't really believe it myself, though, although I am open to the minor possibility.

That concept of mining gold to suspend it in their atmosphere is one of the big things my old mentor argued with Sitchin over when she was working on translating the Sumerian Tablets in the 70's for the British Museum. She calls it "His additions" and it caused some horrific arguments between them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Planet X, should it exist, would not fit any of the categories requisite for life.

So, why does anyone assume or believe it would have life on it?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
ok this is all from memory of what i read... the 3600 year cycle is from sitchin but the 240,000 year orbit came from nasa scientist... there was a nasa paper published how a dwarf star is the cause of the orbital fluctuations of the outer planets and they said that it was on a 240,000 year....

and apparently nibiru has gold in it's atmosphere for what ever reason... maybe the gold keeps their magnetosphere from being affected...

and my last point for the skeptics... we don't know sh*t... all we know is the obvious from our "observational" scientific method... science is great and i love it but it can be just as blinding as any other religion... does it exist? no idea.... could it exist?.... it is a possibility

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

You've got this a bit wrong.
1. It wasn't a NASA paper.
2. It was a 26,000,000 cycle.
3. It was not necessarily a brown dwarf.
4. It was shown to have orbital characteristics that were unstable, i.e. can't exist

and my last point for the skeptics... we don't know sh*t... all we know is the obvious from our "observational" scientific method... science is great and i love it but it can be just as blinding as any other religion... does it exist? no idea.... could it exist?.... it is a possibility

This opinion is common. It is NOT a valid description of science. Science is not a religion.

Science allows for change. Hence, it is not a religion. Here Nemesis was proposed. The idea was tested. It failed the tests. The idea was dropped.

The claim we don't know everything is meaningless. That has no bearing on what we do know. Maybe you are stating a personal position of what you know. What you know has no bearing on what others know. If you do not understand how science can show that Nibiru is not a possibility has no bearing on whether or not others are able to show that.

Sitchin made up a lot of baloney. He could not translate Sumerian as he claimed. He mixed Babylonian ideas with Sumerian. He made up silly claims such as Nibiru being a planet described by the Sumerians. He made up stuff like the need for gold.

The fact that people fell for Sitchin's baloney tells us about people. As Barnum was claimed to have said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

That concept of mining gold to suspend it in their atmosphere is one of the big things my old mentor argued with Sitchin over when she was working on translating the Sumerian Tablets in the 70's for the British Museum. She calls it "His additions" and it caused some horrific arguments between them.

I believe so too, that he tried to put two and two together and hence it ended up like that, and then used the argument that "it says so in the tablets", as it, after all, was from there he had gotten his 2+2, so to speak. Maybe he was lucky and guessed right, maybe he was wrong. Personally, I think he was wrong, but got other things of the Anunnaki-story right.

there is, ofcourse, also the possibility that he truly had access to studying a number of tablets that the mainstream do not, but if so, your friend should have said something about those tablets, which she didn't, so we can probably rule that out.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist No other celestial body is associated with earthquakes.

why would a fantasy planet have adverse gravitational effects on Earth or vice versa?

Over the next year, when billions are wiped out due largely to the approach and passing of these imaginary celestial bodies, I actually hope those like you are still around to stand trial by your peers for contributing to the warnings being ignored and ridiculed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

ah ic... i didn't say i believed in it but i am open to the possibility... and i should have said that science is as blinding as any other religion.... it's not like i don't believe in obvious facts... but our paradigm today is based off of science and money... neither of the two are wrong but when something comes along to blow either of the two out of the water it becomes hush hush or crazy... there are things that science can't explain and are never talked about or just considered a coincidence... a mathematical anomaly...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
there is, ofcourse, also the possibility that he truly had access to studying a number of tablets that the mainstream do not, but if so, your friend should have said something about those tablets, which she didn't, so we can probably rule that out.

Hi,

From my understanding both of them at separate times worked on some tablets the museum referred to for many years as being in their "Too hard basket"... which covered things that our society had an aversion to... like Bestiality, Sexually preditorial females (Nin-Hursag/Ninurta/Isis), detailed information about our solar system, etc.

I think you hit the nail on the head saying he added 2 + 2 .. but must have ended up with a sum of 5

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've read a few books by various aurthers on the subject of Plante X, Nibiru. I don't make any claims to be an expert on the subject nor do I even claim any of this is real. What I will say that it was a very entertaining read, as is ATS. I try to keep an open mind on the subject because I understand the requirements for life here on Earth may not necessarily apply on another planet. Scientist can theorize whether or not a planet can sustain life but untill we explore the planet ourselves, or they come to us, it's just an educated guess. If Sitchen was right, even on some of his translations, then our history as a species is much more interesting than cave paintings and crude tools. And if he was wrong, like I said, it was some good reading.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep
I don't buy in to the whole Planet X story; I'm not saying it's not possible I just haven't read anything that really sold the idea to me.
However, working with the assumption that Planet X does exist and its orbit is about to swing it through our system, has anyone considered this:

It seems as though the panic being caused by believers of the Planet X theory is due to Planet X having some sort of catastrophic gravitational impact on planets in our system (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), if this is the case (and planet X is inhabited), couldn't the occupants of said planet be just as affected by the presence of the regular planets in our system? Am I missing something? Or is the fate of potential Planet Xians not a major concern for you promoters of the theory?
edit on 8-5-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

I believe the idea is that planet x is huge.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

neither of the two are wrong but when something comes along to blow either of the two out of the water it becomes hush hush or crazy..

That's not at all how science works. If something comes up that shows an area of science to be wrong it becomes a magnet for researchers. It certainly is not hushed up. It becomes a celebrated issue. Did you know that 3 times Nobel prizes were given to issues that have been shown to be wrong?

there are things that science can't explain and are never talked about or just considered a coincidence... a mathematical anomaly...

I think you might be mixing 2 different issues here, or possibly 3.
1. Things science cannot explain - quite true
2. Things that happen and are not well enough documented to understand - these happen all of the time
3. Things that are coincidences
4. Statistical issues

Issue 1 is well known and there are college textbooks on the subject. So it is incorrect to say they are never talked about.
Issue 2 is like the fuzzy photos claimed to show bigfoot.
Issue 3 is like observing 2 large earthquakes in one day on different parts of the world. Sure that happens. If it didn't people would notice.
Issue 4 is where people do not understand probabilities and statistical issues such as the baseball player's paradox or the birthday paradox.

These issues are well known issues. They are discussed.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What if Nibiru is an artificial object and the inhabitants are living inside it?

Spaceship anyone?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The idea that this is a spaceship is often used to cover up for the fact that the object in question cannot be detected. The problem there is that the object is supposed to be large. It is described as being bigger than Jupiter. I suppose that it could be made of some as yet undiscovered material or technology that would be able to withstand the gravitational forces and stresses of such a large object.

Regardless of its form: planet, or spaceship, an object that large would be reflective and would be visible.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The idea that this is a spaceship is often used to cover up for the fact that the object in question cannot be detected. The problem there is that the object is supposed to be large. It is described as being bigger than Jupiter. I suppose that it could be made of some as yet undiscovered material or technology that would be able to withstand the gravitational forces and stresses of such a large object.

Regardless of its form: planet, or spaceship, an object that large would be reflective and would be visible.

Apart from the basics i'm not very much into the whole planet x theory.I guess you're right on the visibility thing,unless it has a cloacking device

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
What if Nibiru is an artificial object and the inhabitants are living inside it?

Spaceship anyone?

Why wouldn't they radio ahead to let us know they are on the way?

They would. So it's not aliens.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by You2Two2AreSpecial

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Spaceship anyone?

Why wouldn't they radio ahead to let us know they are on the way?

They would. So it's not aliens.

maybe they want to throw us a surprise party

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join