It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama swaps notes with US General. Weird. VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Has anyone ever seen a president swap messages with a US General like this before? Odd how they pass notes secretly here during the Osama situation. Is this normal? To me it was like a movie. But maybe this is normal?

Video

AAC

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yes it did all look a bit odd.
Bit suspect I think.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Maybe Obama lost a bet with the general and the general was giving back change

At any rate, interesting exchange.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

seems the government isn't even ' trying ' anymore. sloppy and clumsy.
would be even more interesting if obama made the letter ' appear ' to be placed into the pocket.... when in fact, the letter was given to the next woman. like david copperfield, quite entertaining!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I don't see any note or the 'paper' mentioned by the guy in the video. I see an object, but not one clearly defined.

If I had to guess, I would presume it was a challenge coin. Presidents and Generals all have their own coins they give out when they meet people. I have never seen it happen right off a plane or between a Pres and General directly before, but it makes sense.

edit to add: Even the manner in which they exchanged it, by passing it in the hand you are shaking with, is how challenge coins are given.

I don't think this is anything exceptional.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I don't see any note or the 'paper' mentioned by the guy in the video. I see an object, but not one clearly defined.

If I had to guess, I would presume it was a challenge coin. Presidents and Generals all have their own coins they give out when they meet people. I have never seen it happen right off a plane or between a Pres and General directly before, but it makes sense.

edit to add: Even the manner in which they exchanged it, by passing it in the hand you are shaking with, is how challenge coins are given.

I don't think this is anything exceptional.

I thought the manner the coins were given was completely different to secretly passing them during a handshake.

The normally recognised method, is to take the coin and rap it hard repeatedly on a bar, counter or table top.

The other, more recent 'rule' about giving or producing a challenge coin is 'step and reach' (allowing you to take one step and a reach to grab your coin).

Nothing i've ever heard includes passing in a handshake.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Most of the VIP's I was coined by gave them to me in this manner (palmed) with a few exceptions. On rare occasions, an aide walking with the VIP presented them after the greet.

Edit: VIP's being Generals, DOD execs etc.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
S&F

but it could be anything what they exchanged.

keys. paper. candy. marbles.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Please contribute to preexisting thread located here.

Thank you

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join