It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon microbe mystery finally solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Moon microbe mystery finally solved

au.news.yahoo.com

There has been a long-lived bit of Apollo moon landing folklore that now appears to be a dead-end affair: microbes on the moon.

The lunar mystery swirls around the Apollo 12 moon landing and the return to Earth by moonwalkers of a camera that was part of an early NASA robotic lander – the Surveyor 3 probe.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

The Surveyor 3 camera was easy pickings and brought back to Earth under sterile conditions by the Apollo 12 crew. When scientists analyzed the parts in a clean room, they found evidence of microorganisms inside the camera.

In short, a small colony of common bacteria -- Streptococcus Mitis -- had stowed away on the device.

So the people who worked for NASA ran a dirty un-quarantined show. Bad science people bad science.... they admit to poor standards just 40 years after the fact!

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/5/11 by spearhead because: toad

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

It wouldn't surprise me if the quarantine issue has already been discussed by ATS members and dismissed as hokum by the NASA apologists here several years ago.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
How the heck would they even get in the camera? Nasa didn't build the cameras did they? I am pretty sure they would just buy them or have them made by people of the time who had the technology to build optical devices?

They did use Kodak film...

top topics

join