It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An uncut Highrise view of the TORNADO in Queens, NYC Sept 16th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Tornados are very very rare in Queens NY. On Sept 16th a tornado almost lifted the car my parents and i were in.

Driving along in my dads new car, a loud thunder was heard and high winds appeared instantly.
my dad ' being a dad ' wanted to press on and continue driving..but once ' hail ' began crashing like a faucet covering the windsheild, my dad sucked in his pride and pulled over.....this occurance seeing my dad give in is worthy of a video alone.

Winds begin to immediately pick up.. my ears pop almost similar to that of an airplane but the difference was a very low pitch sound which seemed to linger the entire time.
The car began shaking uncontrollably and finally the windows were pushed in and shattered. At this point the car began to almost rise off the ground..the only similar scenario i could describe this is the feeling you get at the very top of a roller coaster when you begin to shoot downward..

edit on 8-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i found this video above ^ of a great shot and almost has this supernatural feel once you see this ' thing ' engulf the surrounding area as if from out of nowhere. distubingly fast and suddenly.

The tornado rushes in at about 1 minute 27 on the video.

Here is the aftermath the destruction this tornado caused. first time i had ever seen trees snapped and shredded in NYC. after the tornado had passed, nearly every tree lined the streets making driving almost impossible.

Related: Weather Officials Confirm Two Tornadoes Hit NYC Thursday
www.longislandpress.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

Wow, I am glad to see that You & your Dad are okay and you two were in a car.

That video was epic!! Whoever that dude was, glad he's okay too.

Tornadoes in New York, yeahhhhh, perfectly normal occurrence, nothing to see, move along....pfffft

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Wow, I am glad to see that You & your Dad are okay and you two were in a car.

That video was epic!! Whoever that dude was, glad he's okay too.

Tornadoes in New York, yeahhhhh, perfectly normal occurrence, nothing to see, move along....pfffft

Thank you. i couldn't help but think this was our time to go.. between my step mother screaming/crying/absolute awe and seeing my dad grip the steering wheel .. i was more worried of their health and a feeling of caretaker came over me..

i couldn't help but comfort her while i held a magazine to the shattered window on my dads driver side.... but seeing how i reacted was a powerful feeling to experience for myself. i suppose that is another thread entirely.. but was glad all the same =]

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

That is a sign of true courage, many can talk the talk but, it's the one's that walk the walk when SHTF that stand out. Kudos to you my friend!!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
damn, awesome video... i would have been scared as sssssshhhhh....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
amazing video .

many thanks for posting this , hope you and your family were ok.

thanks for posting.

snoopyuk

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Am certain that I would have been terrified if I had been there!

There was me thinking that some of our storms in the UK were bad - not a patch on that

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Great Vid.

But no tornado shot there. Straight line winds. Bow echoes are definitely an indication, but if anything that was a baby one and not videoed from that shot.

If it were, he would might not been left in that room. Rule #1 GET AWAY FROM WINDOWS!

Hard to do with that kind of display, but if you want to live, STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS!

Been through a few of them here in TX. Almost got sucked into one.

Another indicator, the skies might turn emerald green. If you see that you are very close.

PS~ I used to live in Newark. Definitely got different weather patterns up there. Down here too.

edit on 8-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Get away from windows heh ! yeah for sure.

Anywoos, i posted this below the second video in case there was a disagreement..

www.longislandpress.com...
" Weather Officials Confirm Two Tornadoes Hit NYC Thursday The first tornado barreled through the Park Slope section Brooklyn at 5:33 p.m. with winds up to 80 mph, the National Weather Service reported. The second hit Queens at 5:42 p.m. It went from 4 miles from Flushing to a mile north of Bayside, with winds as high as 100 mph. This tornado was the one that led to the death of Aline Levakis, the Pennsylvania woman who was killed after a tree fell on her car in Queens. "

The photo taken for this article is pretty sweet as there's a couple walking hand in hand across a walkway ' abby road ' style, meanwhile the back street is completely filled with fallen trees. cute c

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oh I am not saying there was not one or two, just I don't think he got a shot of the funnel cloud. I was not trying to dispute if there was one.

F0 -

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You're crazy for stay near those windows. Cool vid tho

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
WOW!!

Dude, I have to say I crapped myself just watching that!!

Pure nature and its awesome power!

The most I've seen here in Ireland is a few down telephone poles during a bad storm coming home from Belfast. But that... WOW!

Was there many casualties reported after that? Glad to hear you and yours are ok.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This reminds me of the movie the day after tommorrow when Los Angeles was hit by mega tornadoes

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Only one person died IIRC. Difference between a tornado in NYC and one in the country in Kansas is that everything in NYC is concrete, so if you stay inside, you are fine (in cases of F1 through F4 anyhow).

new topics

top topics

join