It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not alone.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was thinking the other day, the term 'UFOlogy' is a kind of oxymoron. It implies that 'scientific' methodology is used to research an unidentified/unidentifiable flying phenomenon(a). Yet scientific methodology requires that the subject studied is measurable, quantifiable, replicable, etc. Nothing in 'UFOlogy' can be studied using true scientific methodology.

And if/when we are able to scientifically study it (by acquiring physical evidence, meeting aliens, discovering on our own how to make things invisible and use exotic propulsion systems, etc) then it won't be called UFOs/UFOlogy anymore... it will be called specifically what that subject matter is.

In essense 'UFOlogy' will never be accepted by the scientific community. It is a contradicting term that dispells itself once it is identified and able to be studied scientifically.

But I think most of us know what is generally implied by the term, and I think there are more scientifically minded people genuinely interested in the subject than one might expect. The loudest critics (not to be confused with skeptics) do not represent the whole.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

The science is out there for people willing to look.

Google Massimo Teodarani, Peter Sturrock, Michael Swords, Chris Rutkowski, Brad Sparks, Mark Cashman as examples of scientific methodologies being applied to the available data. Hynek, Vallee, Pohr etc.

There are a few pushing the papers over the years, but they don't attract much of the limelight.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Aliens everywhere? I know I'm never alone. Jesus Christ is always there.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I know I'm never alone. Jesus Christ is always there.

Pictures or it didn't happen

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I know I'm never alone. Jesus Christ is always there.

Pictures or it didn't happen

Damn Zorg, I would really like to meet your challenge but......

You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above,

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have seen a UFO that actually appeared in my local newspaper, so I became convinced of UFOs in my twenties.

I do not believe in Aliens, as I believe they are Demons and as I have read Jacque Vallee's book and he seemed to be equating aliens and demons too.

Many ufologists are dying but not the Christian ufologists-why? Because 'greater is He that is in me, then he that is in the world'.
Did you see the IN the world above?..... There is more proof that these entities are Intra-terrestial. If you are channeling they like to say they are from outer space but they lie' they are from under the Earth; about 300 cities underground, just where the Vikings said they were-underground.

But some have been in contact with humans from under the Antarctic and Arctic-these are not Aliens nor demons. In 1957 they came to Washington to witness that Jesus was the Messiah in a UFO saucer.

Life is far more complicated then a yes or no answer.

In Revelations there is at least two types of ETs; dragons and birds. All demons can be beaten, Aliens can not and there is the lie that will beat those who believe they are aliens.
Jesus says there were two races on Earth; Humans and Fallen angel Hybrids.

So if anyone asks me if I believe in Aliens I say NO!!!!!!
I have also seen ghosts, demons and angels with my own two eyes, doesn't everyone?
Watch out for fifth trumpet. Make sure you have iron in your pocket.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't think we are alone for one second, very egotistical to assume we are imo. Matter of fact I've seen two ufo's with different eye witnesses with me on two seperate occasions, same type of ufo both times, teardrop shaped and insanely bright like LED lights on crack, both sightings in broad daylight
But to the ATS community I don't have photos so..'it didn't happen'. Sorry wasn't planning on seeing anything on either occasion so didn't happen to have my sonycam in tow.

When I look around at the variety of life on this planet I find it highly dubious to assume variety of extraterrestrial life we can't even fathom doesn't exist. I would think and I believe, extra terrestrials are as varied as the stars in the night sky. The scientific discovery of millions if not billions of earth like planets would only enhance said belief on my part.

Here on earth how many breeds of dog are there? Let alone humans, plants, and other species. The universe is a melting pot.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
You say "all over the place" numerous times, yet I have not seen an Alien with my own two eyes in my entire life time.

Care to elaborate?

Try looking in the mirror!!

What, YOU (most people ) think you are part of Darwins natural selection?

YOU (most people ) think that we naturaly evolved from primates in under 7 million years?

I suppose you have got evidance to prove ME wrong??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above,

How convenient that they put that disclaimer in there

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
I've seen you make a few references to shills and disinfo agents in this thread. Could you please define what those are, to you?

Intelligence agents in places like this that derail threads. There's probably teams of them set up all over the place. COINTELPRO is related, also the CIA's Robertson Panel, which took all of 4 days to set out it's stupid agenda.

Furthermore, the Panel suggested the Air Force should begin a "debunking" effort to reduce "public gullibility" and demystify UFO reports, partly via a public relations campaign, using psychiatrists, astronomers and assorted celebrities to significantly reduce public interest in UFOs.

en.wikipedia.org...

That was back in '52, we can only imagine what they're doing now.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

How convenient that they put that disclaimer in there

Come on now Zorgon, I'm sure you understand respect ? As it seems you respect a Red Dragon? I respect
Jesus Christ. That's just what I know.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Intelligence agents in places like this that derail threads.

You should read Project Beta by Greg Bishop. It shows how those spreading disinformation really operate. If one were here, they would not be seeking to derail the thread but keep it going, inserting false information, not to convince you these things are not real but that they are. They spread disinformation by fostering belief, by agreeing with you.

Also, you expressed a worry that government agents would visit you to try to silence you. If they did and did threaten you, it would not be your silence they are seeking but that you would tell everyone your experience.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I respect Jesus Christ. That's just what I know.

Indubitably... I hear he was a Rosicrucian.
I do have the Secret Teachings..

But seriously, you don't think the Master had a good laugh once in a while?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
You should read Project Beta by Greg Bishop. It shows how those spreading disinformation really operate. If one were here, they would not be seeking to derail the thread but keep it going, inserting false information, not to convince you these things are not real but that they are. They spread disinformation by fostering belief, by agreeing with you.

Also, you expressed a worry that government agents would visit you to try to silence you. If they did and did threaten you, it would not be your silence they are seeking but that you would tell everyone your experience.

Thanks, just had a read about that, strange and shocking stuff. And as for me going on about agents visiting my house, that to me now is just plain stupid. I was kind of drunk last night basically and raving like a loon at times. Agents out there have far more interesting things to do than be visiting people like me, and I totally get that. I don't know why I get into that state of mind to be honest, it's weird, and definitely a sign that I need to cut out any type of thread making when drunk in the future.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Channelling of Aliens....

One think people over look when listening to someone who receives info by channelling is the LOKI FACTOR

Some entity, whether alien, D'Jinn, or spirit... finds a sensitive to send a message. This entity may state that he/she is from the Pleiades or the GFL and make promises...

The sensitive then in good faith passes along the message...

When the promised date passes with no show.. the entity is laughing it's appendages off and the sensitive loses credibility...

The LOKI FACTOR

Totally agreed with this, I think there's channelers all over the place being taken for a serious ride. I wonder how many are actually genuine channelers of Aliens, if that's even happening? 5%? Wouldn't be surprised if it was something like that.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Hitoshura

Hiya Hito, I think it's fair enough that you come out with a big statement and stand by it. 'Fitting in' on ATS is almost a waste of time; most posts please some and annoy others...the rest likely go ignored.

Whatever people say, do or write, it appears that autonomous intelligence/s is right at the crossroads of all these conflicting explanations. Despite all the studies (from all sides of the argument/problem), there is always a residue/core stubbornly refusing to have a pin stuck through its ass and a label attached.

Yeah I realised trying to fit in was stupid after a certain amount of time. And yeah, when you start looking at the huge number of reports, especially in projects like Blue Book, etc, it starts to become clear that there's something there. I still think Vallee and Keel are on the right track with at least one type of Aliens too with their Ultratrerrestrial ideas. There's maybe some around using space travel, etc, and others that are just way beyond what we can really understand, using different dimensions and all other types of stuff. We've got a lot to wake up to by the looks of it, and it'll probably take a long time. I just hope it's started happening properly in our lifetimes.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You say "all over the place" numerous times, yet I have not seen an Alien with my own two eyes in my entire life time.

Care to elaborate?

It's like a ant hill, deep inside a jungle. It may live it's entire existence surrounded by human beings but, never encounter a human presence at all. We are in a gigantic universe.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

How do you know you have never seen one? The ones that look like us could pass you in the street and you would never spot them
There is one species working with our military that is hard to tell... until you see their eyes.

And speak for yourself - My life is far from fake and worthless.

And yet... you call yourself Vrill (with 2 l's) and use the Vril Society's logo... you do realize that the Vril Gesellschaft used mediums to channel Aliens from Aldebarran system to help them build the NAZI saucers, right?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Flux8

The science is out there for people willing to look.

Google Massimo Teodarani, Peter Sturrock, Michael Swords, Chris Rutkowski, Brad Sparks, Mark Cashman as examples of scientific methodologies being applied to the available data. Hynek, Vallee, Pohr etc.

There are a few pushing the papers over the years, but they don't attract much of the limelight.

Key words there... available data

As rare as it is they can test physical trace evidence, and that's pretty cool, but that's where it ends. They can't test the material of the UFO itself. They can't test the engine. They can't kick the tires. Etc, etc.

Maybe I ran a bit at the mouth. Let me rephrase... 'UFOlogy' is not a hard science. The vast majority of it can only be discussed in varying degrees of probability. Personally I've seen em up close, so I know they exist. They more than impressed me, a few times. BUT, all I got are stories, no physical evidence. Nothing to really test, unless you choose to believe some stories over others because you can compare them to other observed effects in physical science that we know of. And unfortunately this is how the vast majority of cases go. I'm speaking strictly about methodologies of hard science here. Everything else is just speculation, (some speculations are better than others).

The overall point of my post was that 'UFOlogy', as the term implies, is an oxymoron.

BTW, nice list of sources. Haven't heard of some of them!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I going for it with this reply. I've had enough.
I thought I saw an Alien once but it turned out to be your mother

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

yep tin foil hats all round . intelligent life try finding it on earth !Tell me this ,why are they always over there just out of focal range . or are obvious fakes ? why toy with us in this unending game of now you see me now you dont ?someone ought to teach them chess its far more interesting .more power to you in your attempt to bring this to the fore . one thing i do know there are no experts on UFOs --- Un Identified Flying Objects !!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join