It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not alone.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morbidness
Well, the possibility of this is very big, and saying that we are alone is extremely egocentric but I don't think it's very good to talk this way. It sounds like some kind of preaching, skeptics have their right to express their opinion, even if they are not right. But I still agree, we are not alone, with or without extraterrestrials walking this Earth.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Morbidness because: (no reason given)

Skeptics have field day on this site almost every day, just giving some back where it's due. With respect.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Originally posted by Vrill
You say "all over the place" numerous times, yet I have not seen an Alien with my own two eyes in my entire life time.

Care to elaborate?

Neither have I, but some of us are in touch with something a lot bigger than our own selves with our own worthless problems and fake lives. We can sense something way greater than who and what we are.

Then how can you possibly state "Aliens are all over the place" if you have never seen one firsthand? Can you prove what you are saying? Or is there some voice in your head telling you these things?

And speak for yourself - My life is far from fake and worthless.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Proof Nazis....

I am one of them to some extent. But not one that has to debunk something because its not tangible,or in my hand. There are too many occurrences,things we humans see,things that go bump in the night,to actually say it cant be true. It really boils down to belief,and wanting it to be true.At least for me. Well,not chemtrails.....LOL Dont want that conspiracy to be true. Aliens ,yes.............

Star and Flag
For standing up to faith,and believing with out the proof..........

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
You speak so matter of fact about the topic as if you know without a shadow of a doubt.. so of course the obvious question is where is this proof? what convinced you with utmost certainty? because sharing that would seem to be an obvious first step in trying to convince others.. which you must be attempting, or you'd not have started a thread.. I'm not trying to be combative, just trying to cut to the point.

With all respect to you and anyone else with the same question, I just can't hand you the proof. All I can advise is that you really try your utmost to use your intuition. It can take time, but every now and then your mind can be blown in the strangest ways. Some of us have had that happen, (some guy made a thread on here a couple of months back, he was onto a lot, but the skeptics gave him a load of crap and the thread died off.) whether it's been by drugs, meditation, or just the odd freak occurance when completely straight headed. This is the absolute problem with science : intuition doesn't mean crap to these people. Intuition isn't just some vague 'inner feeling', it's something a lot more concrete that hopefully science will understand one day.

I could prove...something esp related I think, but I've not tried it in years, it scared the crap out of me to be honest and I still feel strange about it, but that was one of the first things that made me realise that this 'reality' (a joke) isn't what it seems to be.

But once you go a few steps further from that you can just get it.

Let's just say I'm pointing a finger at the moon. Stuff what I say anyway, and stuff my finger, look at what I'm trying to get across. Look at yourself and your own life. Stuff 'messengers' in this field. It's not based on logic. Logic and intuition can work hand in hand, but if you don't use intuition it's like having a car with no engine. I'm sorry but I can't sum up in words some proof, or give physical evidence.

Which of couse raises the obvious red flag : if he can't give proof, maybe he's just another nut? Time will prove me right, that's all I can say, and if I ever find a way of proving anything I'll risk the shills and the suits hunting me down and be the first person to post up on here exactly how to do it.

The reason I like this type of debate is because I know I have no manipulative agenda, I'm honest. I'm not making any money, I'm not promoting a website or selling books or selling tickets for lectures. (and universe please help me if I ever end up in that situation.) I just want us to suss this crap out once and for all and move on, and one day we are going to.The only sucker is that it could take decades and I might be dead before we finally get the truth, which obviously sucks.

Originally posted by fockewulf190
Just gotta find Roddey Piper and get one of those "They Live" alien seeing sunglasses and I´ll be in like Flint.

Hahah! They Live rules. When it comes to shills, I'm all outta bubblegum.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There are a lot of things that I believe in personally and ive seen things that defy earthly logic. However, its kind of hard for me to take the word of someone who has never seen it firsthand yet says "They are all over the place" - To me, that makes zero sense.

There is an Alien standing right in front of you, yet I dont see it.

That to me screams the voices in my head are telling me its there.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
reply to post by sonnny1

There are a lot of things that I believe in personally and ive seen things that defy earthly logic. However, its kind of hard for me to take the word of someone who has never seen it firsthand yet says "They are all over the place" - To me, that makes zero sense.

There is an Alien standing right in front of you, yet I dont see it.

That to me screams the voices in my head are telling me its there.

It's cool, it'll happen some day, let's just hope it isn't too far off. (which it probably will be. I'll probably be jumping around somewhere as a ghost saying "I told you so!" Along with many, many others.)

Oh and by the way, I'm not sure if I've seen an Alien or not. Because I don't know for sure though there's no way I'm going to go on about it. I've had some pretty weird crap go on over the years though.

(sorry for any typos in my posts, I'm tired.)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

So now you are saying you dont know for sure and state clearly that you have no idea if you have seen an Alien or not.

You also state that it'll happen some day, even after you die etc and so on. That is convenient.

You sound like David Wilcock. The person who says "Disclosure is coming on this date this time I swear!" then it never happens and he gives an elaborate reason as to why and then gives us another date and then yet another date and so on.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

92% of the world believes in a God. Thats alien to me. Theres no HARD proof of it either. Just saying..........

So,yes it could be in front of you,without you seeing it. You just have to believe or want to believe in it. Just like the air I breathe.......

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Of course we are not alone in the universe, people just have to look at all thoes stars (I do not mean celebrities
), all the stars we see have planets surrounded (afaik) and all the star we can see with the naked eye belong to the Milky Way... there are countless other Galaxies as well.. so it's almost impossible that there is no other life... but the other thing is if they visited us, of course people can be skeptic with it, it's like Religion, no proof but speculations and experiences. Believe it or not, but don't blame people who doesn't believe in that... (I believe in the E.T. origin of some UFO's - very few - but that doesn't mean I know it, I saw a Black Triangle once but the fact that it was unidentified to me doesn't mean that it was "alien", but it could have been)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ZaphBot

Numbers are estimated, and probably pretty conservative, but:

Stars in the Milky Way galaxy: 100+ Billion
Galaxies in the Universe: 100+ Billion, each containing billions of stars. Not all stars have planets around them, but many do. Every planet has the potential for life.

I am sure there's other intelligent life out there. The question is, will we ever meet them? If we havn't already, that is.

Source 1
Source 2

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Aliens are all over the place out there, and there's many species. If you don't like it, lump it.

LOL! How can anyone dare to challenge this intelligent premise!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hiya Hito, I think it's fair enough that you come out with a big statement and stand by it. 'Fitting in' on ATS is almost a waste of time; most posts please some and annoy others...the rest likely go ignored.

I don't share your certainty that 'aliens' are here. Having said that, sunburns, vision damage, visual sightings and whatever else amounts to something physical and intriguing. The black projects and misperception arguments don't come anywhere close to explaining all the sightings reports. Likewise the 'aliens' explanation doesn't come anywhere near close to explaining them all either!

Whatever people say, do or write, it appears that autonomous intelligence/s is right at the crossroads of all these conflicting explanations. Despite all the studies (from all sides of the argument/problem), there is always a residue/core stubbornly refusing to have a pin stuck through its ass and a label attached.

More important than all this is the final score on Monday lol.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
A rare doubler...
edit on 8-5-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura but they're mostly full of crap because they have no clue how to channel properly.

Channelling of Aliens....

One think people over look when listening to someone who receives info by channelling is the LOKI FACTOR

Some entity, whether alien, D'Jinn, or spirit... finds a sensitive to send a message. This entity may state that he/she is from the Pleiades or the GFL and make promises...

The sensitive then in good faith passes along the message...

When the promised date passes with no show.. the entity is laughing it's appendages off and the sensitive loses credibility...

The LOKI FACTOR

I have to stay 50/50, but as a person with my own beliefs : they're all over the place.

Few people doubt that they are out there all over the place... the question is are they visiting here and now

Put me down as a yes

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

More !

edit on 8-5-2011 by watchZEITGEISTnow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I could prove...something esp related I think, but I've not tried it in years, it scared the crap out of me to be honest and I still feel strange about it, but that was one of the first things that made me realise that this 'reality' (a joke) isn't what it seems to be.

In the spirit of things, I would really appreciate if you would tell me/us your esp (ish) story. The reason I'm asking is that I think this thread is a waste of electrons, however having had a similar esp (ish) experience a couple of years ago, I would be open to understanding you more if I could relate to the event you are taling about.

As a starter,,,, what is the most annoying or frustrating thing you found during your esp (ish) experience?
edit on 8/5/2011 by nomadros because: Tag error

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Great thread and well said. S+F to you.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Your post is unfortunately just a long-winded straw-man argument; you are attacking a position that no skeptic claims instead of one they actually hold. No skeptic believes we are alone.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morbidness
Well, the possibility of this is very big, and saying that we are alone is extremely egocentric...

Is it not also as egocentric to believe they are coming here to interact with us?

Whether or not something is egocentric or not is irrelevant. The truth does not care. That there may be life out there, that it may visit our world, and that we may be alone are all possibilities we must consider.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join