It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anomaly in the sky I caught with my cellphone

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

What are we supposed to be looking at here? The moon shining through the clouds, or the bird flying through the frame?

Exactly, I think the second one is a swan judging by it's shape

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

Nice catch! I think the most important thing I'm learning here is to look up more often cause mother nature is sweet! Now is that a UFO? Well if we want to believe in UFOs and aliens then we should know their technology is great. So could they have themselves some sort of cloaking device thingy that makes them appear as bad ass clouds? Maybe
edit on 9-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by Poker
Don't know the exact size or altitude(there's the lack of proof you're fishing for) only that it was high enough to be behind cloud cover.

How do you know it was behind cloud cover....when you said the following:

As you can see it was overcast, i really have no idea how long it was in the sky the light was so bright shining through the clouds that I couldn't even see that thin until I sent the pic to my Computer.

You couldn't see it before you took the pic (your words)....until you sent the pic to your computer.

So, explain again how you saw it in the cloud cover again?

And again I ask how can you expect me to believe it's a bird when everyone claims it's a different type?
First it's a hawk then it's a crane then it's a duck then it's a goose then it's crow then it's a magpie now it's a swan.... If it is a bird it has more aliases than Jessie James

edit on 9-5-2011 by gavron because: (no reason given)

I never said that I saw it in the cloud cover only that it had to be in the cloud cover because I could not see it until I uploaded the pic. The light was too brite to make out the cloud detail but everything close to the ground(birds and such) was completely visible. Now matter how many times you ask the same question in a different way it will still be the same answer because it was my honest experience.

For the record I have blatantly stated that on several occasions that I highly doubt it's alien on origin or anything unnatural for that matter. All I know for sure is that it wasn't a bird.

How can you expect me to believe it's a bird when you guys can't even agree on what kind of bird it is?
First it's a hawk then it's a crow then it's a crane then it's a duck the it's a goose then it's a magpie then its an owl then it's a swan etc.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: .??

edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

How can you expect us to believe it was a UFO when you didn't even SEE it?

Yes, everything close to the ground was visible...like the goose in your pic.

edit on 9-5-2011 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

I never said that I expect you to believe it's a UFO did I? Read the thread instead of skimming it, I've always stated that you're entitled to your belief that it is a bird as I'm entitled to my believe that it wasn't.

As I said before my problem wasn't with all the people that thought it was a bird it was only with the ones who were condescending and arrogant to the others who did not share their view points, there was no need for that and defiantly no need for the name calling.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This thread is pretty much a swings and roundabouts case.

Poker has obviously thought he had captured something truely amazing with the added bonus of a funky cloud, he has rushed to add a copyright logo on the pics and was hoping for some back slapping and a little bit of UFO fame, perhaps a deal with Jose Escamilla or to be included in those youtube still compilations you see so often.He doesn't and wont admit to the obvious and right analysys of ats members of it being a large bird because he has convinced himself between capture and post that it's something none prosaic.

It's just going to be going around in circles and unless something more comes to light it's case closed for anyone with eyes.

Sorry poker but it's a bird, let it go and enjoy the funky cloud pic and keep watching the skies.
edit on 9-5-2011 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've found something that a full on match of the anomaly check this out bird believers

Same 4 points same round center

You guys are focused on me not believing it's a bird, yet you all neglect what I'm really upset about.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

I don't know, the more I read this thread, the more I think it's this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4e74069a809.jpg[/atsimg]

At least when I see you around, I'll remember the above pic.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Poker

I don't know, the more I read this thread, the more I think it's this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4e74069a809.jpg[/atsimg]

At least when I see you around, I'll remember the above pic.

How exactly am I trolling you guys are so focused on me not believing it's a bird that you won't take notice of what I was originally upset about... I guess being disrespectful of others is only tolerated when you hold the same core beliefs of the status quo. That's what I was upset about and not my picture being labeled a bird.

Plus the pacman pic is funny because it's the same exact shape and angle.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: Add txt

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

I never said that I expect you to believe it's a UFO did I? Read the thread instead of skimming it, I've always stated that you're entitled to your belief that it is a bird as I'm entitled to my believe that it wasn't.

As I said before my problem wasn't with all the people that thought it was a bird it was only with the ones who were condescending and arrogant to the others who did not share their view points, there was no need for that and defiantly no need for the name calling.

Seeing as how UFO doesn't necessarily mean it's alien in origin, that's exactly what you're saying it is, as you're claiming it can't be identified.

Also, I think the general consensus is that it's a goose. Others were speculating as to which type, there's nothing wrong with that. It certainly is a bird - but how many different species are there? Have you ever seen a peacock in flight? Hail Mary those things are freaky looking as heck

If you are sure it's not a bird, can you please contribute to your thread stating why exactly? Or maybe propose some other ideas... I think everyone else here has done more than enough to try and break it to you easy that you photographed a goose.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinquain

You guys can't see the forest for the geese if you want to believe it's a goose go ahead and do so it doesn't mean I have to.... Still none of you will comment on what I was originally upset with the disrespect of those who shared my POV That's what I had the problem with not the bird belief.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Why exactly are people still debating these?...

The first image is clearly a picture of a thick cloud on an a patchy overcast day with the sun directly behind it... ive seen this more times than i care to even think about. Ive said it before but ill say it again but do people now days ever look up on a regular basis to recognize these things or at least learn what various forms of weather look like? Not bashing the OP since he asked for it to be identified, but im shocked at the number of pages this has gotten and how many people say/said its something other than what it clearly is.

The second pic is the same thing, just with what is clearly a long necked large bird flying through frame (swan, goose, duck, crane etc). How some people can call that a UFO is beyond me... considering that the OP's first image hasnt got the bird in it and so therefore the anomaly in question is not the bird but the cloud with the sun through it since its what is present in both pictures...

Also why on earth are the shots so blurry, its like there's condensation or Vaseline on the lens or it was taken through a frosted window.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That cloud looks like a big celestial ring piece.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Cinquain

You guys can't see the forest for the geese if you want to believe it's a goose go ahead and do so it doesn't mean I have to.... Still none of you will comment on what I was originally upset with the disrespect of those who shared my POV That's what I had the problem with not the bird belief.

Geese do not need a forest to be present. We see them here on the sides of highways and dirt roads surrounding office buildings just as often as you see them by residential areas and lakes.

No one is going to comment about your issue with the tone some are taking with your reasoning because that isn't what the subject of the thread is. You made the thread to get some answers as to what was in your picture and people are going to debate in different ways. Unfortunately you're going to get some people who are rude, I'm sorry some have been disrespectful, I personally feel I haven't been, but you're going to get that when you try and pass off a photo of a bird in flight as something that can't be identified.

If you want people to treat you with respect you at least have to give them a reason to do so - it's not something you get to command and then whine about not getting it when you're not showing it yourself.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

It is clearly...obviously...a BIRD....it would be hard for anyone to know 100% the breed of bird...but just because someone does not know the breed does not negate the fact that it is a bird. It has already been pointed out in detail the parts of the BIRD.

Really nothing more to even be said about this, IMO

If you REALLY want to know the answer....contact a bird expert and have them tell you the breed since that is what you are hung up on

West L.A. Bird Club

edit on May 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just asked my thirteen year old what he thought it was in the photo. He said "A bird". I asked him what kind and he said "maybe a crane or something with a long neck".

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
Just asked my thirteen year old what he thought it was in the photo. He said "A bird". I asked him what kind and he said "maybe a crane or something with a long neck".

Seriously how can you guys be that thick. If you believe it's a bird than go ahead and believe it. It won't change my opinion because I had a first hand account of what happened. Even the mod is missing the point I don't care if you believe it's a bird what I was upset about was some of the bird believers treated.... You know what screw ot I've said it a time after time

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It won't change my opinion because I had a first hand account of what happened.

You didn't even see anything until you downloaded the photo to your computer. You came here asking for opinions...we gave you them It's not our fault that we didn't believe it was a scout ship for a pending lizardman invasion.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Seriously how can you guys be that thick. If you believe it's a bird than go ahead and believe it. It won't change my opinion because I had a first hand account of what happened. Even the mod is missing the point I don't care if you believe it's a bird what I was upset about was some of the bird believers treated.... You know what screw ot I've said it a time after time

He can be thick-headed at times, but he's been able to identify a bird on sight since he was two years old.

Come to think of it, so have I.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Rather than have this thread continue on to the point of having to take considerable actions against member accounts that fail to uphold ATS's standards of Civility and Decorum, this thread is now closed.

The staff would like to thank those that have participated.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join