It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anomaly in the sky I caught with my cellphone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexMustReturn
Imagine that. It's not a clear picture.

I know, when I first seen the photo I was upset that I caught it with my cellphone, I wish I would have had my hd camcorder with me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

It's DEFINITELY a bird! Come on now. How can you look at that picture and see anything other than a bird?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Looks like a Canada goose flying from the left to the right with the wings on a down beat.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I'm not opposed to the idea of it being a bird, only the idea of it being a "bird" in the normal sense of a goose, duck, hawk because the sheer size alone wouldn't allow it to be one of those. With that being said I honestly do not believe it to be a bird because of the altitude and size. Other than that I still have no clue what it is.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Or a Klingon ship from Star Trek.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poker
reply to post by RMFX1

I'm not opposed to the idea of it being a bird, only the idea of it being a "bird" in the normal sense of a goose, duck, hawk because the sheer size alone wouldn't allow it to be one of those. With that being said I honestly do not believe it to be a bird because of the altitude and size. Other than that I still have no clue what it is.

How exactly did you determine size, altitude, and distance from the camera?

Looks like a normal sized goose not very far away to me.

Or a Klingon ship.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I didn't determine it from the photo even though there are probably ways to tell. I know that it was behind the cloud cover because I was looking at the sky when I took the picture(not the phone) and nothing flew by me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I didn't determine it from the photo even though there are probably ways to tell. I know that it was behind the cloud cover because I was looking at the sky when I took the picture(not the phone) and nothing flew by me.

A bird flew past you while you were looking at your camera. The proof of that is in the picture.

This case is closed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

0.tqn.com...

If you look at the above link, it shows a picture of a Canadian Goose in flight. You will notice that the wings don't look symmetrical because one it behind the other and a bit further away. Your picture shows one of two things, a Canadian goose in flight, or a UFO. If you are convinced that there is no way possible that a Canadian goose could not be flying in Ohio near your location, then congratulations, you have captured a fuzzy, unidentifiable UFO. Much like every other picture of a UFO posted on this site or any other.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Poker

0.tqn.com...

If you look at the above link, it shows a picture of a Canadian Goose in flight. You will notice that the wings don't look symmetrical because one it behind the other and a bit further away. Your picture shows one of two things, a Canadian goose in flight, or a UFO. If you are convinced that there is no way possible that a Canadian goose could not be flying in Ohio near your location, then congratulations, you have captured a fuzzy, unidentifiable UFO. Much like every other picture of a UFO posted on this site or any other.

If it is a canadian goose Then why are the supposed wings in my picture round and not elongated and angular as in your pic?

Originally posted by RMFX1
A bird flew past you while you were looking at your camera. The proof of that is in the picture.
This case is closed.

Your case is closed not mine.

Why are you all so upset by my belief that it is not a bird. Just let me believe what I will. I don't care if you jump on the bird bandwagon. Besides "look at the picture it's a bird "is not a strong argument. How am I supposed to agree with the people who believe it's a bird when you guys can't even agree what type of bird it is?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: Reply

edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: Typo

edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: Typo'd the typo so I had to redo the redo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Poker

0.tqn.com...

If it is a canadian goose Then why are the supposed wings in my picture round and not elongated and angular as in your pic?

This case is closed.

Why are you all so upset by my belief that it is not a bird. Just let me believe what I will. I don't care if you jump on the bird bandwagon. Besides "look at the picture it's a bird "is not a strong argument. How am I supposed to agree with the people who believe it's a bird when you guys can't even agree what type of bird it is?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e67f263a6c5.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know what else to say.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Beowolfs

My thoughts as well, looks like a Klingon ship doesn't it?

OP, how far apart (time wise) were the two photos taken from each other?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

5 secs it's labeled in the comparison photo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52b616b7c136.jpg[/atsimg]
just for comparison.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Poker

0.tqn.com...

This case is closed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e67f263a6c5.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know what else to say.

Ok if it the same type of "bird" as in your photo and the wings create the round edge, then why does my "bird" have 4 points instead of three as in your picture?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This has been a fun game of duck duck goose hawk magpie intergalactic war craft.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

look, If you want to believe this is Capitan Friggin Kangaroo in flight, then by all means, believe it. Never let anyone step on your dreams. But I you are seriously asking for people to LOOK at your pictures and PUT THOUGHT INTO WHAT IT MIGHT BE, then you might have to open your field of view a bit.

The one I posted is angled up, yours is angled down. Imagine that the front wing is the back and vice versa. Then you have a 100% match. OR possibly a 200% match based on your initial assertion that you were 100% sure isn't a bird.

Have fun and keep taking pictures of the sky. One day you might get one that cannot be explained.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Poker

look, If you want to believe this is Capitan Friggin Kangaroo in flight, then by all means, believe it. Never let anyone step on your dreams. But I you are seriously asking for people to LOOK at your pictures and PUT THOUGHT INTO WHAT IT MIGHT BE, then you might have to open your field of view a bit.

The one I posted is angled up, yours is angled down. Imagine that the front wing is the back and vice versa. Then you have a 100% match. OR possibly a 200% match based on your initial assertion that you were 100% sure isn't a bird.

Have fun and keep taking pictures of the sky. One day you might get one that cannot be explained.

Why do I have to open my field of view? I never criticized others opinions of it being a bird only their arrogant way of imposing their arguments on those with a different viewpoint (e.g.) "you don't agree with me? You must be an idiot."

Besides angling up or down would have no effect of my "4 points" vs. Your "3 points"
edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
wow those are pretty cool pictures, especially the second one... it makes me think of a flying stingray or something.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

you are right, it's clearly not a bird.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join