It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Awakening - As Clear as it Gets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You are here for a reason. There is a book by James Allen that reveals true awakening. Listen to the entire book HERE. Listen to the first Chapter HERE.

All books by James Allen are this amazing. Start with this book. LINK

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
YOU are pushing this stuff pretty hard, are YOU James Allen ?
edit on 8-5-2011 by WordPlayJAy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

awesome. will have to check that out later. thanks!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
True awakening...is not needing a book
IF your concious and considered awake, what is being truly awake?
Being awake from yourself.
To awaken is to realise your not who your convinced you are.
Reading a book is just putting more distractions inside your head and continuing in the opposite direction from where you say you want to be.
i never read a book before I awoke, nor studied any religion or Buddhism, uintil after I awoke and then these teachings confirmed what I had already expreienced by my own instinct to meditate.
Asking the question is counter productive if you want to come to true realisation.
A spider builds the most intricate web, without a teacher or a book of instructions.
if the spiders head were full of theories and doctrines it wouldnt know where to start, or how to be a spider.
much as people are..clueless how to be human and constantly looking for the answer in a book.
"eat when hungry, sleep when tired"
"the sword that kills the man, saves the man"
"does a dog have buddha nature? if you anwser yes or no, you lose your buddha nature.
And all this cost you nothing to be enlightened.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by splitlevel
True awakening...is not needing a book
IF your concious and considered awake, what is being truly awake?
Being awake from yourself.
To awaken is to realise your not who your convinced you are.
Reading a book is just putting more distractions inside your head and continuing in the opposite direction from where you say you want to be.

That may be so for you, but not so for others. Often books can spark a new way of viewing life. They are not the end all of development, but they can play an important part. I cannot say one book alone changed me, but a combination of many books led to a shift in my perspective. It may be one phrase in one book that causes you to really figure an idea out.

i never read a book before I awoke, nor studied any religion or Buddhism, uintil after I awoke and then these teachings confirmed what I had already expreienced by my own instinct to meditate.
Asking the question is counter productive if you want to come to true realisation.
A spider builds the most intricate web, without a teacher or a book of instructions.
if the spiders head were full of theories and doctrines it wouldnt know where to start, or how to be a spider.
much as people are..clueless how to be human and constantly looking for the answer in a book.
"eat when hungry, sleep when tired"
"the sword that kills the man, saves the man"
"does a dog have buddha nature? if you anwser yes or no, you lose your buddha nature.
And all this cost you nothing to be enlightened.

I think I am still searching. I have come a long way, but I am not there yet. I consider ego to be at work if I think I alone can do it all. There are times when everyone needs help. You are right that when you point out the problem of people expecting a book to somehow enlighten them by itself. I do think though, a book can be an aiding factor along with others to growth. I just think you could throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak. Even the most advanced spiritual teacher may gain insight from a book, or a beautiful poem.
To each his own though.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All I see is promote promote, buy buy, could you perhaps explain a bit better why you think we should read this book?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That's not even a particularly good pitch, honestly.

When I see words like "true awakening," I tend to glower dubiously. After all -- I have never read anything in the self-help / new-age section that was anywhere near as intense of an awakening as say -- "The Western Lands," by Bill Burroughs, so the track record is horribly ship-shod. If your idea of being absolutely, positively "awake" is a philosophical nugget that can be contained in a tiny box inside my existing perspective, it's not much of an awakening, after all.

Gimmie some skin. Tell me why I can't live without reading / listening to this book. Give me the 10,000 foot view, and maybe I'll look. Time is precious, after all, and I have the Clash's "Westway to the World," and "EOTC: The Story of the Ramones" to watch and return, and I trust the source that told me they deserved my attention.
edit on 8-5-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: Added quotation marks

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
All I see is promote promote, buy buy, could you perhaps explain a bit better why you think we should read this book?

The mp3 files are free to listen to or download as is the pdf so I'm not sure what you mean.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is a free book in the public domain, written by James Allen. Read up on this author. He is an enigma in history. Brilliant.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Listen for 3 minutes. Take a sample of each chapter. You will realize for yourself what it is saying. I doubt you will be able to stop listening. James Allen had a way of saying volumes in one sentence. I have read these types of sources for over 20 years and nothing comes close to this author.

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
That's not even a particularly good pitch, honestly.

When I see words like "true awakening," I tend to glower dubiously. After all -- I have never read anything in the self-help / new-age section that was anywhere near as intense of an awakening as say -- "The Western Lands," by Bill Burroughs, so the track record is horribly ship-shod. If your idea of being absolutely, positively "awake" is a philosophical nugget that can be contained in a tiny box inside my existing perspective, it's not much of an awakening, after all.

Gimmie some skin. Tell me why I can't live without reading / listening to this book. Give me the 10,000 foot view, and maybe I'll look. Time is precious, after all, and I have the Clash's "Westway to the World," and "EOTC: The Story of the Ramones" to watch and return, and I trust the source that told me they deserved my attention.
edit on 8-5-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: Added quotation marks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I see the problem. My last link was bad. Here is the correct link. LINK

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

edit on 9-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
my belief is this, we are more than what we can imagine of ourselves (gods, mini universes etc.) what led me to awaken is never ending questions. questions with no answers, questions with answers within the question for example who am I ? the answer is in the question. even this answer asks another question. if you learn all there is to know, then what?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's my problem with "awakening" and all the new age spiritual wave that seems to be happening.

How can you possibly know or seek that which you are? How then can you define it and smack a nice little label of "pure consciousness" or "god" or "Oneness"?

You can't know what you are, you can't define what you are, you can't experience what you are, because you are "it".

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name
The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
The named is the mother of myriad things

edit on 12-5-2011 by doped00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You are here for a reason.

“The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason.”

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Please don't tell me i'm awake

Life better be" but ass" a dream

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
I tend to glower dubiously.

Star for dubious glowering.

I find myself doing it far too often when reading on this site.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
mmm i wonder about "True" Awakening,
In other of your thread you speak of choices to be good and in love.
then i am curious about your words association love with good...
bad could be love too?
what is the hell for "you"? (you mentions hell in your others shared threads)

for all the bro/sis...
i believe there are many ways to reach the truth (pondering with open heart) , yes books maybe is one, meditation could be other, either going trough a ride in bicycle whatever day or why not? maybe washing the dishes
The creator works in misterious and wonderful ways!

LYSM

zooom!

edit on 13-5-2011 by zaper because: typo sowy

new topics

top topics

join