It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Alien Genes Found in DNA, from a legitimate source! Could this be it?

page: 3
17
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Here is an interesting thread that may back this up....see what you all think!

rael.org...



Wow, rael used to lend credence to something. That is just SAD.
edit on 8-5-2011 by ossminid because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Gravity is an observable and measurable fact. Theories of gravity exist to explain the cause and dynamics of gravity. Evolution is an observable and measurable fact. Theories of evolution exist to explain the cause and dynamics of evolution.

Anyone that fails to see the difference between facts and the theories that model the facts, is pretty damn stupid.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by taccj9903
 


We're still one species. Race and species are two different things. Species can interbreed, and the next generation can continue to have offspring. Pretty much the jist of the definition.

We EVOLVED to have subtle genetic variations which were best suited to our environments which stayed mostly the same, as long as we didn't travel much. So, it has to do with differences in climate, and available food sources, mostly. For instance, light pigmentation was a genetic adaption due to living in higher latitudes, and consequently, not getting as much vitamin-d production from solar radiation. The lighter we are, the more efficient this conversion process is. The converse is also true.


So shouldn't all the white people who have lived in S. Africa start turning into blacks? Vice versa, etc? I don't see how the differences in our surroundings can make such huge changes to our race, skull shape, size, color, etc. I was thinking maybe each "race" comes from a diff planet, and we were brought here to see if we can all get along, too see if we are worthy of living together galactically. Long shot but who knows.



Deebo



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by taccj9903
 


We're still one species. Race and species are two different things. Species can interbreed, and the next generation can continue to have offspring. Pretty much the jist of the definition.

We EVOLVED to have subtle genetic variations which were best suited to our environments which stayed mostly the same, as long as we didn't travel much. So, it has to do with differences in climate, and available food sources, mostly. For instance, light pigmentation was a genetic adaption due to living in higher latitudes, and consequently, not getting as much vitamin-d production from solar radiation. The lighter we are, the more efficient this conversion process is. The converse is also true.


So shouldn't all the white people who have lived in S. Africa start turning into blacks? Vice versa, etc? I don't see how the differences in our surroundings can make such huge changes to our race, skull shape, size, color, etc. I was thinking maybe each "race" comes from a diff planet, and we were brought here to see if we can all get along, too see if we are worthy of living together galactically. Long shot but who knows.



Deebo


Look to either side of the forum pages... off in the blue area... see where it says "Deny Ignorance?" That's not just a motto, you know.

Your logic here is the same kind that some people use when they ask ignorant questions like "why don't apes still turn into Humans then?" Obviously, you do not understand the theory of evolution, and it would be my personal advice to you (though of course you are free to disregard it) to learn about things before you start talking about them.

Your wild hypothesis about races coming from different planets not only directly contradicts fossil records and genetic evidence, but has the added element sounding like something I'd expect from a five year old who is asked to explain why there are different races, with no background education in biology or world history.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by taccj9903
 


We're still one species. Race and species are two different things. Species can interbreed, and the next generation can continue to have offspring. Pretty much the jist of the definition.

We EVOLVED to have subtle genetic variations which were best suited to our environments which stayed mostly the same, as long as we didn't travel much. So, it has to do with differences in climate, and available food sources, mostly. For instance, light pigmentation was a genetic adaption due to living in higher latitudes, and consequently, not getting as much vitamin-d production from solar radiation. The lighter we are, the more efficient this conversion process is. The converse is also true.


So shouldn't all the white people who have lived in S. Africa start turning into blacks? Vice versa, etc? I don't see how the differences in our surroundings can make such huge changes to our race, skull shape, size, color, etc. I was thinking maybe each "race" comes from a diff planet, and we were brought here to see if we can all get along, too see if we are worthy of living together galactically. Long shot but who knows.



Deebo


Look to either side of the forum pages... off in the blue area... see where it says "Deny Ignorance?" That's not just a motto, you know.

Your logic here is the same kind that some people use when they ask ignorant questions like "why don't apes still turn into Humans then?" Obviously, you do not understand the theory of evolution, and it would be my personal advice to you (though of course you are free to disregard it) to learn about things before you start talking about them.

Your wild hypothesis about races coming from different planets not only directly contradicts fossil records and genetic evidence, but has the added element sounding like something I'd expect from a five year old who is asked to explain why there are different races, with no background education in biology or world history.


Getting shi**y with someone over a simple post is something I would also expect from a 5 year old. And if you notice, after my post, I put the "?" smiley, meaning I do not know, was just throwing the idea out there.


Deebo
edit on 8-5-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy
 


Not until it comes from several LEGITIMATE sources and is peer reviewed. Unlike the rubbish source the OP is being fooled into believing. Folks like the OP's ignorance allows them to be used as if they are, pardon the expression, but "useful idiots".

If I want to make someone believe like I do, in the same fantasy that I want to be true, I just find something on the internet knowing that zillions are too ignorant to know any better and you can actually watch the ignorance feed itself. It is sad, really.

This is not a legitimate source, this entire thread is based on junk science being discussed by a bunch of people who aren't even smart enough to understand the actual source is junk. Sad.

There is no alien DNA that has EVER been confirmed or EVER will be in your lifetime. Of course, for some odd reason I can guarantee that you will always be able to point to idiot stories like this link for years and years. Odd that?



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
There is no alien DNA that has EVER been confirmed or EVER will be in your lifetime.


I hope you taught well before saying this. This is just your emotions speaking.

I think it is interesting and I don't know if you know what Alex Collier could say about this but, he say's something like.

"Humans of earth have been manipulated genetically by plenty of different alien species and that since we have the code of so many species that the humans from Andromeda are very interested in us to reinforce their genes that have been stale for too much time. Although, since we are living in a world that love is overcomed by hate, they can't even reach our dimension because they are in the next one. They want for us to go in the next dimension but the aliens against Andromeda do not want this..."

You can check out more of Alex everywhere on the net.

Of course, it could be hoax, it's not like we can prove anything yet!
One thing I do know...
We always need more love then hate.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo
 


I wasn't getting sh*%#y with you, I was merely putting a firm stance up that I do not tolerate (though, as I said, you are free to tolerate) uninformed babbling put forward as a serious attempt at a hypothesis. I don't speak in absolutist terms just to be mean, but because I have a high standard for belief. The OP's source, for example, should never even get consideration as a reliable source. But, for some reason, we have this culture where uninformed, thoughtless nonsense is given equal time and consideration as the work done by real scientists. That's what makes me sad, and I could be offended and say that society in general is getting sh*#@y with me, because it allows this crap to be portrayed as relevant, when it clearly isn't.

Again, I don't mean to be callous or mean, I just don't have time to wade through piles of drivel to arrive at a kernel of intriguing substance, especially when even the intriguing stuff usually goes nowhere.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I believe this in theory in any case. I know too much about the science to not see the plain logic and truth of this. I was working on a project last year that really brought home the truth about Panspermia and how Earth was likely "seeded" by bacteria at the first habitable conditions. What came with the Archeaons to primordial Earth was a biological tradition of DNA from many worlds. We are no different in our biology then.

I wrote about this in another topic: 3 NASA Scientists Confirm....

"Junk DNA" is actually saying "We are too stupid to know what this is yet.". Nature has no junk (except possibly politicians.
)

Because I, like hundreds of thousands, and tens of millions through history, have some first hand experience with observing alien technology, knowing without a doubt they exist, and I have have many trusted friends with similar knowledge, plus the fact we have so much evidence other biological intelligent lifeforms are here and have been here since we were simian level species, I have every expectation this evidence is in our genome and has been for tens of thousands, if not millions of years.

We have found so much evidence in our biology in the pathology of blood types and other fairly understood areas of bioscience that to say otherwise is uneducated, bordering on insane.

When you put together cross disciplinary data from culture, biology, biophysics, astronomy and astrophysics, medical, astrobiology, archeology, geology, history in general and other aspects of the whole of human knowledge it becomes obvious we are not alone, never have been, and our biology is likely older than we could imagine, mixed with races and species from a million galaxies.

The only junk is in the empty brain that denies the evidence and refuses to even look further than their noses.

ZG
edit on 5/8/2011 by ZeroGhost because: OCD corrections



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Not so far from the truth as some might think :



I'm also fairly certain of one thing : there are ways to activate parts of our DNA that the 'governments' and 'banks' and 'corporations' would rather we were very, very ignorant of. Let's just be glad that they don't totally control us, and that if we really want to pursue this stuff, we can do.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)


OMFG that is a reptilian Shape shifter!



Me thinks he needs to stop wearing his bicycle helmet to bed.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by WordPlayJAy
 


Not until it comes from several LEGITIMATE sources and is peer reviewed. Unlike the rubbish source the OP is being fooled into believing. Folks like the OP's ignorance allows them to be used as if they are, pardon the expression, but "useful idiots".

If I want to make someone believe like I do, in the same fantasy that I want to be true, I just find something on the internet knowing that zillions are too ignorant to know any better and you can actually watch the ignorance feed itself. It is sad, really.

This is not a legitimate source, this entire thread is based on junk science being discussed by a bunch of people who aren't even smart enough to understand the actual source is junk. Sad.

There is no alien DNA that has EVER been confirmed or EVER will be in your lifetime. Of course, for some odd reason I can guarantee that you will always be able to point to idiot stories like this link for years and years. Odd that?


How you can even come to the conclusion of Alien DNA is beyond me, how can you conclude something when that something isn't known?

Just to note:

a) I can't find a legitimate Professor Sam Chang or a University affiliation

b) Did a journal search on Web of Science. Obviously, Chang, S* brings up a lot of papers, but couldn't find anything relevant searching for DNA topic from 2007-present.

This story also seems to have been floating around for a few years. Also consider that if a real paper had actually been accepted and published, the media would be all over it, seeing as "Extraterrestrial DNA" is pretty much going to be the most exciting thing on the science journalist newswire, especially when half the titles will be as riveting as "Cellular localization of an Epstein‐Barr virus (EBV)‐associated complement‐fixing antigen in producer and non‐producer lymphoblastoid cell lines".



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhineasCousland
 


With the current paradigm being wholly managed and pasteurized, I don't think such academic or institutional papers would make it through the gauntlet of prejudicial science. Too much damage is perceived to be a danger to the current politic or science culture and social standard.

Science has been up against the wall of new paradigm-changing findings since the 1920's. Science is resistant by nature to new ideas and evidence. That, some theorize, to preserve current theory and a more thorough examination of false or mistaken evidential claims. Look at Cold Fusion's first raised head being lopped off before any attempt to follow through. Now we find that major laboratories have been working on this and finding confirmations, with new interesting variables that were unexpected and at first insulted the experimental ethic, but actually might be saying something about this new reality we are finally parsing.

ZG



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
reply to post by PhineasCousland
 


With the current paradigm being wholly managed and pasteurized, I don't think such academic or institutional papers would make it through the gauntlet of prejudicial science. Too much damage is perceived to be a danger to the current politic or science culture and social standard.

Science has been up against the wall of new paradigm-changing findings since the 1920's. Science is resistant by nature to new ideas and evidence. That, some theorize, to preserve current theory and a more thorough examination of false or mistaken evidential claims. Look at Cold Fusion's first raised head being lopped off before any attempt to follow through. Now we find that major laboratories have been working on this and finding confirmations, with new interesting variables that were unexpected and at first insulted the experimental ethic, but actually might be saying something about this new reality we are finally parsing.

ZG



Whilst the scientific community can be more close-minded than I'd like at times, the fact is that if a paper on this topic is submitted and is experimentally and hypothetically sound, it will be published, regardless. If the paper is a good one, whilst there will be those who are resistant to the ideas, there would still be significant debate on it.

You mention cold fusion as an example. I think that the fall out from it was bad in that future work was discouraged and, at times, ridiculed. However, it's not hard to see why the scientific community went that way - the original papers published were fundamentally flawed. It's obvious that when the two guys working on it got the idea that it could be cold fusion, their desperation to prove it led them to do sloppy research and fit the evidence together incorrectly - I think the way they were treated was bad, but at the same time, their work was the perfect example of 'pathological science'. Their results weren't reproducible either, which is quite a big thing. Yes, there is work going on on cold fusion now and I've heard some interesting preliminary results (although I'm not sure how similar the methods are). But ultimately, the original work was massively flawed and so it was right to discredit it.

Just to note too: that work was published in a journal despite being controversial and containing results which could've had huge implications in many areas as well as science. As I said, earlier, if a paper on extraterrestrial DNA is submitted and doesn't have too many glaring errors in it, it likely will be published by someone. Yes, the publications system is not perfect, but it is vitally important to have it...otherwise science would end up much like ATS - waist-deep in crap.



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhineasCousland
Just to note:

a) I can't find a legitimate Professor Sam Chang or a University affiliation

b) Did a journal search on Web of Science. Obviously, Chang, S* brings up a lot of papers, but couldn't find anything relevant searching for DNA topic from 2007-present.

This story also seems to have been floating around for a few years. Also consider that if a real paper had actually been accepted and published, the media would be all over it, seeing as "Extraterrestrial DNA" is pretty much going to be the most exciting thing on the science journalist newswire,


Sorry to inform you of this, but you wasted a lot of time for no reason.

This ridiculous story was determined to be fraudulent years ago and was labelled as such right here at ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The story has been bandied about here at ATS for even longer. Click on "Search" on the top of the page.

Insert the search terms "Chang Alien DNA."

You'll see what I mean.

Nice work, though.

Harte



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This topic brings to mind the interesting History Channel series Ancient Aliens. As you may have deduced from the title, it's about Aliens visiting earth for a very long time. Dating back thousands of years. One topic they discussed was our evolution and the possibility that Aliens have fiddled with our DNA. It was suggested that perhaps our junk DNA is really a message from these Aliens, to be decoded one day. This bit was really just food for thought rather than a statement of fact. It's a great series with some very interesting ideas and facts that I hadn't heard before.
edit on 9-5-2011 by JFraser because: Some general editing and alterations.



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Openminds32
 


A group of researchers working at the Human Genome Project are claiming that they have found alien genes in our human DNA genetic makeup.


Do we have alien genes in our human DNA? Could this be the ultimate proof of alien life? According to a team of researchers working at the Human Genome Project, this appears to be the case. The team believes that more than 95% of the non-coding sequences (also called junk DNA) found in human DNA is actually the genetic codes of alien lifeforms. These sequences are actually found in all lifeforms found on Earth but they make up a larger portion of the human genome than in any other species known. It is these sequences that the team is using to explain many gaps in our understanding of how human beings have “evolved” over the ages.

How can we know if the strands our Alien without anything to compare it to. AAlso, if it occurs in all life on earth then that would mean that ETs created all life on our planet. I'm not trying to take the **** by the way this is a genuine question it's interesting



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903
 


I'd like to suggest that you go give an honest reading to Jerry Coyne's book "Why Evolution is True." If after that, you still believe the tired old saw that evolution is "just a theory" - and you know why, then we can talk.



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Not so far from the truth as some might think :



I'm also fairly certain of one thing : there are ways to activate parts of our DNA that the 'governments' and 'banks' and 'corporations' would rather we were very, very ignorant of. Let's just be glad that they don't totally control us, and that if we really want to pursue this stuff, we can do.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)


Wtf does a chubbster with a bad haircut have to do with alien DNA exactly?



You really need to watch some X-Files. It's the character Gibson Praise. From wiki :




Gibson had an unusual level of development in one brain lobe not yet fully understood by neuroscience. Mulder thought Gibson might be the key to understanding human potential and to everything in the X-Files. He interrogated the would-be assassin in prison, who said the boy was a "missing link," and Mulder jumped to the conclusion that Gibson had alien genetic structure and was proof of ancient astronauts.



en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join