It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Genes Found in DNA, from a legitimate source! Could this be it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by taccj9903

A scientific theory comprises a collection of concepts, including abstractions of observable phenomena expressed as quantifiable properties, together with rules (called scientific laws) that express relationships between observations of such concepts. A scientific theory is constructed to conform to available empirical data about such observations, and is put forth as a principle or body of principles for explaining a class of phenomena.[1] A scientific theory is a type of inductive theory, in that its content (i.e. empirical data) could be expressed within some formal system of logic whose elementary rules (i.e. scientific laws) are taken as axioms.
Scientific Theory

Scientific theories have verifiable proof of their validity. Does this seem to qualify them as having "truth" in your mind?! If not, why?
edit on 8-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

I am not interested in debating scientific theory with you on this thread about Alien DNA. If these theories were facts they would be presented as such and not called theories. However, if in your world the theory of evolution is truth then I won't attempt to persuade you otherwise. Just don't try to shine my shoes with that load of crap.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I see.

You choose to remain ignorant.

Noted.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I see.

You choose to remain ignorant.

Noted.

Why don't you start a thread about the theory of evolution and state your case as to why you believe it is a fact. If you had the guts you would do it but as I can tell you would rather argue about it on an unrelated thread.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Looking at this source, another article stated that penguins were evolving into humans soo yeah...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Because the THEORY of evolution is based on a MULTITUDE OF SUPPORTING, FACTUAL EVIDENCE.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep

Because the THEORY of evolution is based on a MULTITUDE OF SUPPORTING, FACTUAL EVIDENCE.

Hypothetical scenario, read carefully.

Fact- The suspect was the last one scene with the victim.
Fact- The suspect owns a car that is similar to the one seen where the victims body was found
Fact- When the suspect was arrested he was carrying the victims wallet.

Based on the above facts was the suspect guilty of killing the victim
Yes
No
Maybe

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You guys sure took some time finding the clues left didn't you?
As I already explained:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Prepare to have your civilization tested. Time to find out if you have become what was hoped for.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Fact- The suspect owns a car that is similar to the one seen where the victims body was found

Yes
No
Maybe

Yes, so the difference between your theory and Evolutionary theory is that Darwin used facts to assert his claims, you have used nothing.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yes
No
Maybe

Yes, so the difference between your theory and Evolutionary theory is that Darwin used facts to assert his claims, you have used nothing.

I will give you that as long as you acknowledge that your belief is still a theory. And yes, I haven't backed up my belief with any facts, so we will just call it my opinion.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I'm not arguing anything I know it's a theory, I was just trying to clarify the other guy's argument for you

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
wow,this could really shut up the people who have no belief in aliens

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I'm not arguing anything I know it's a theory, I was just trying to clarify the other guy's argument for you

The other guy was trying to argue that the theory of evolution was true. It all started because I asked how we ended up with different species of humans or subspecies however you want to refer to it as.

He stated "We EVOLVED to have subtle genetic variations which were best suited to our environments which stayed mostly the same, as long as we didn't travel much. So, it has to do with differences in climate, and available food sources, mostly. For instance, light pigmentation was a genetic adaption due to living in higher latitudes, and consequently, not getting as much vitamin-d production from solar radiation. The lighter we are, the more efficient this conversion process is. The converse is also true."

Notice how he claimed it was because of evolution. I merely was pointing out that evolution was at theory which didn't make it true. I also said that the different species could have been DNA manipulation by ET.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

No he said there were perfectly rational explanations for there being various, physically variant races of people on the earth; you claimed there were none.
He never asserted that Evolution was a product of absolute knowledge, all he said was that people have very successfully explained manifestations that you claimed to be mysteries.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

We're still one species. Race and species are two different things. Species can interbreed, and the next generation can continue to have offspring. Pretty much the jist of the definition.

We EVOLVED to have subtle genetic variations which were best suited to our environments which stayed mostly the same, as long as we didn't travel much. So, it has to do with differences in climate, and available food sources, mostly. For instance, light pigmentation was a genetic adaption due to living in higher latitudes, and consequently, not getting as much vitamin-d production from solar radiation. The lighter we are, the more efficient this conversion process is. The converse is also true.

The concept is correct. Although I am not certain if light or dark skin came first. Since this would be dependant on where humans originated on earth. And the Africa theory is vastly unproven.

But I do have an interesting tidbit here on evolution. Sickle cell anemia is a genetic adaption that protects one from malaria death. But in this case the cure could be worse than the remedy. Since sickle can result in a decreased life expectancy. And if you would never get malaria, all this suffering would be for naught. But then again plasmodium falciparum would kill you a lot quicker than sickle cell. I find it extremely interesting that human red blood cells evolved due to a parasite. An evolution designed to carry on the human race, while still causing suffering and death. A genetic "lesser of all evils" type of bluder.... But in this case, evolution has a way of reversing itself. African Americans that live in non endemic areas for malaria have a much lower incidence of sickle cell. Which is a god send. Since there is always the possibility that man will develop an even more dangerous evolutionary adaption. And there is hope that it too could reverse itself.

Sometomes I wonder if emotional blunting wil become genetically wired in humans. Due to our increasing exposure to death and destruction via news sources. And also the higer stress levels of modern living.

Which brings something else to mind. Treating psychiatric illness with a patch (medication), vs a cure can change evolution. Survival of the fittest applies here. And I would expect to see more humans born with organic psychiatric disorders in the future. Since medicated individulas can lead normal productive lives now. Vs dying on the streets or jumping off of bridges. Modern medicine is messing with evolution already. Since it is beneficial for money sucking pharmaceutical companies to make drugs. But who does it benefit monetarily for individuals to be cured?

Anyways, back to where I was leading. Just think how many evolutionary adaptions from the past are not needed anymore. (Just like sickle is decreasing in African Americans in non endemic areas.) That is all the left over DNA junk we have right now. But it can still be turned back on if needed again. Wouldn't it be amazing if scientists could turn each one on and see what it does? But then again, just like sickle cell, they could have their consequences.
edit on 8-5-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Openminds32

FTA: "These sequences are actually found in all lifeforms found on Earth but they make up a larger portion of the human genome than in any other species known."

This would be the exact opposite of alien. If these sequences are found in all lifeforms on earth than it is logical to conclude that they came from the evolutionary process right here on earth. You have to go with the simplest explanation and if every other animal on the planet has the same sequences then the simplest explanation is that, these are just products of evolution and not that aliens came down and put them there.

Also, just because we have more of them doesn't automatically mean anything. You wouldn't say, wow you got a lot of money! more than any other human! Therefore logically, you must be doing business with aliens! The simpler explanation is that you got a lot of money from other people, not aliens. Or that we got a lot of genetic sequences from other animals in this case.

If we had genetic sequences that were alien I personally would suspect, as my educated guess, that the big clue would be that we're the only ones that had those sequences. That's not what we see here, we see the exact opposite. That every single life form on earth has these sequences. So what leads them to believe they're alien?

Are they hypothesizing that aliens came down and genetically enhanced EVERY creature? That doesn't seem logical, and if they did, there'd be no way they could tell if it were alien or not. Anyone that's studied information theory knows they're making the same mistake that intelligent designers sometimes make. You can never truly prove if information is created from a random process, or not. You can only say what's likely or not.

Is there some reason why they think these sequences are likely to be alien in nature other than, there's a lot of them? If not, then they have no basis to stand on. Where did they get this idea that they're alien? If every creature has them then I would say it's likely it's just a process of natural evolution. What are different about our sequences compared to other animals? They didn't say in the article.

They also put out mis info when they say they things like they don't know how humans propped up civilization over night and how humans seemed to come out of nowhere. Neither are true and have been well studied. While there are gaps in the history and we have a lot of questions about the evolution of man, we have a lot of answers too via archeological evidence and the study of DNA we know where man most likely originated, his migratory patterns, fossils that you've all seen in school that show man evolving from ape to man. Humans didn't just come out of nowhere. They have a long documented evolutionary process behind them that has been studied. To say there are gaps are one thing, but to say because there are gaps, THEY JUST CAME OUT OF NOWHERE! That's a straight up lie.

Basically, if you read it, they never really explain why they thought they were alien. They basically said, well since every creature has these genetic sequences, and we have more of them. THEY MUST BE ALIEN! Not a very convincing argument. They're going to need more evidence than that and explain why they thought they were alien to begin with.

If not, they're just using the creationists' argument, but instead of God, they're using aliens. Well, we don't know what happened! MUST HAVE BEEN ALIENS! That's not science people. That's religion. So they're going to need to give us a little more explanation than what's been given here.

EDIT:
One other misleading statement they make is that scientists are certain that the building blocks of life came from space! Well that's not true either. That's just a possibility, but many lab experiments have shown that when simulating environments of the the early earth the building blocks of life tend to just form on their own. There's no scientific consensus that the building blocks of life came from outer space. It's just a possibility. However the consensus is that abiogenesis and the first building blocks of life probably formed here.

They're really stretching the truth and claiming something that COULD be the truth IS the truth, which means they're not doing science. They're just trying to convince you of something and make you believe. Religion religion religion. But where's the evidence?

Just because they say it's evidence, like WHOA THERE'S A LOT OF THEM! MUST BE ALIENS! Doesn't mean it's evidence. Evidence is something you can use to logically reach the same conclusion yourself. So let's look at their evidence? They found genetic sequences that are present in EVERY animal on the planet and we have a LOT of them. That's your evidence? Now one must explain how that can be used to logically reach the same conclusion that they did? As far I see, I can not see it. So they either don't know what they're talking about, playing a prank on ya'll, or left something major out of the article.

edit on 8-5-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
OK. Maybe I'm off base here, but I read it as the DNA is "alien" to that specific organism. As in, we have many peices of DNA from other organisms held over in our sequences. We have DNA from ancient organisms still present in our modern DNA. I don't think they mean alien as in ET. I'll verify with my wife (a biochemist/DNA researcher.)
edit on 8/5/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Not so far from the truth as some might think :

I'm also fairly certain of one thing : there are ways to activate parts of our DNA that the 'governments' and 'banks' and 'corporations' would rather we were very, very ignorant of. Let's just be glad that they don't totally control us, and that if we really want to pursue this stuff, we can do.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

Wtf does a chubbster with a bad haircut have to do with alien DNA exactly?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Openminds32

It is their hypothesis that alien genetic material was inserted several times in the past leading to these developments.

The team has hypothesized that “A higher extraterrestrial life form was engaged in creating new life and planting it on various planets, including Earth”. For those familiar with the Ancient Astronaut theory, this will sound very familiar as this is one of the most prevalent statements they claim.

scienceray.com...

But why am I not suprised.

The Angels came down and mated with humans.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why don't you start a thread about the theory of evolution and state your case as to why you believe it is a fact. If you had the guts you would do it but as I can tell you would rather argue about it on an unrelated thread.

False premise, and it's not unrelated.

You're just not making the connection.

That's not on me.

Educate yourself!!
edit on 8-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here is an interesting thread that may back this up....see what you all think!

rael.org...

Also....the book...INTELLIGENT DESIGN - MESSAGE FROM THE DESIGNERS....can be downloaded for free...read it may up your own mind
edit on 8-5-2011 by caladonea because: Forgot to include some important information

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join