It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear plant workers release unknown amount of radioactive tritium into Mississippi River

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Nuclear plant workers release unknown amount of radioactive tritium into Mississippi River

www.naturalnews.com

Workers at the Grand Gulf Nuclear Plant in Port Gibson, Miss., last Thursday released a large amount of radioactive tritium directly into the Mississippi River, according to the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and experts are currently trying to sort out the situation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Workers at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant immediately evacuated it on April 22 when radiation levels rose while it was shutting down for a refueling outage, the commission said Tuesday. Plant officials don't believe workers were exposed to radiation levels "in excess of NRC limits," the commission said.

Of course the officials don't believe workers were exposed. What a joke.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Someone beat you to the post. I just can't remember where it is on ATS.Sorry

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
That topic is already being discussed over here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a very important topic..and anyone living in that area might want to go take a look..cheers coco

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

They say:

An investigation is currently underway to determine why the tritium was even present in standing water found in an abandoned unit of the plant, as well as how much of this dangerous nuclear byproduct ended up getting dumped into the river.

So, they were aware it was radioactive prior to dumping it, and now there is an issue???
Conveniently, the river just happens to be flooding.

It just keeps gettin better and better.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby

It's a very important topic..and anyone living in that area might want to go take a look..cheers coco

DAMMIT LOL! I even search the term "Tritium" *sigh* FML

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Awww well..good try! just gotta be quick around here hehe..cheers coco

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
DAMN! why did they do that? this makes me think of that guy from GE months ago, saying nuclear power was perfectly safe, and not too wory* ugh hugh..my understanding is, tritium is nasty stuff! are they trying to intentionally pollute the water or something? for sure, its foudn its way into fresh water now.

nuclear energy safe n pure my arse*
thy lied, and will continue to do so to us

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Originally posted by itscocobaby

DAMMIT LOL! I even search the term "Tritium" *sigh* FML

Threads can coexist in two different sections..

Peoples lives don't matter to energy producers.......only profits.

F&S
edit on 7-5-2011 by whaaa because: viva la pepa in vimeo

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

OMG No kidding! I have been trying for a month to post something good and I keep failing!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thank you my friend, you are very kind.
I was so blind to these "money at all cost bastards, these days are scary and it sickens my heart when I think of my children's future.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Um.. tritium has been found in the Mississippi River as far back as 1963 as a result of fallout from bomb tests.

Tritium is a hydrogen isotope (and a gas) that easily joins with oxygen in water. It is a weak emitter of beta radiation and is most commonly found in glow-in-the-dark watch dials, gun sights, exit signs.. etc.

About 1 to 2 grams of the stuff is released into the Mississippi River each year.

Yawn.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Also I would be highly suspect of a "news" source that sells Potassium Iodide in ads all over the page reporting about radioactivity...

Just sayin'

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by BLKMJK

Also I would be highly suspect of a "news" source that sells Potassium Iodide in ads all over the page reporting about radioactivity...

Just sayin'

www.tri-cityherald.com...
www2.wjtv.com...
theintelhub.com...
www.innworldreport.net...:nuclear-plant-workers-release-radioactive-tritium-into-mississippi -river&catid=35:domestic&Itemid=1

Just Sayin'

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Um.. tritium has been found in the Mississippi River as far back as 1963 as a result of fallout from bomb tests.

Tritium is a hydrogen isotope (and a gas) that easily joins with oxygen in water. It is a weak emitter of beta radiation and is most commonly found in glow-in-the-dark watch dials, gun sights, exit signs.. etc.

About 1 to 2 grams of the stuff is released into the Mississippi River each year.

Yawn.

Read the article...((((YAWN)))) Then go to bed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by BLKMJK

Just sayin'

That's funny.

Potassium Iodide is 100% useless in the face of Tritium pollution. Oh well.

Yes this is a very important issue and it's ok we have multiple threads on it IMO we need to just freak out and scream about it.

The nuclear industries days are numbered. Not because of us. But because of the very nature of what they are doing!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

We have fracking depositing radiative waste into our water supply, and now this?

And where is this water going? Into the damaged Gulf of Mexico to mix with that chemical soup.

Nice move.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I do sincerely apologize for making an additional thread, I feel like a dumb ass. I search but obviously not well enough.

I think it is absurd that there are people find this of no concern.I'm not going to run down the street screaming but there should be more outrage over the continuous poisoning of our planet.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
reply to post by muzzleflash

I do sincerely apologize for making an additional thread, I feel like a dumb ass. I search but obviously not well enough.

I think it is absurd that there are people find this of no concern.I'm not going to run down the street screaming but there should be more outrage over the continuous poisoning of our planet.

Yeah I'm not going to run down the street screaming either because it's 3am and people will probably call the cops lol.

But on ATS it's pretty much acceptable to have 2 similar threads in two separate forums. Also I themed my thread different than "breaking news" and more like "questioning the lack of breaking news" and framing it towards a "fragile earth" forum conspiracy theory.

I am glad that you put one up in breaking news (sad it took this long), because it's not the "ATS points" that count. What counts is getting this information out to the public and alerting them to the situation.

The more the merrier we really need to get the MSM to start covering the nuclear incidents/accidents going on worldwide and in our very own backyard. We have to push hard because they are resisting strongly and avoiding the topic like the radioactive plague.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This makes me think of deer park water..drink our fine pure water* it is natural, it is pure* change that too drink our fine tritium water..lol. start my own business trtium water! wonder if i could get seued by casio, since they used tritium in thier watches a deacade+ ago. eh it was either timex or casio*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join