Man jailed for tortilla dough Deputies charged him with cocaine possession

page: 3
34
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
For anyone interested in the Buncomb County Sheriff's Dept, here's a bit:



$217,769 could not be accounted for or proved to have been turned over to the appropriate state or federal agency. Evidence bags containing cash were found on the floor and mixed with other items. Loose cash was found on the floor and on shelves. n 223 handguns and 114 rifles and shotguns could not be located, proved to have been destroyed or returned to their owner by court order. n Marijuana, coc aine, crack and pills listed on 1,318 evidence entry sheets could not be located or proved to have been destroyed by court order. Large blocks of marijuana were found on shelves with no identification markings or case numbers. Bags containing drugs were open with some or all of the contents missing. n 16 rape kits were not labeled with name, bar code number or case number to link the assaults to the victims. n Evidence bags with contents missing, evidence bags containing items with no identification numbers, evidence with entry sheets attached that were never entered into the inventory database and many loose evidence items with no identifying numbers.


citizen-times.com...

www.mountainx.com...

www.citizen-times.com...|newswell|text|Fro ntpage|s
edit on 8-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds
 


so thats where vick macky's working these days....thats honestly horrible i thought i had been harrased by cops as a kid but 4 days....even if it had been coke ya think the shrimp woulda been a dead giveaway we need some kind of new police where there sole job is to keep an eye on shady cops and it has to be different because iad or what ever isnt doing there job this is clownshoes status stupid



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i think this is an improvement. or it would be very expensive and difficult to replace 91 pounds of flour with coc aine to cover their mistake.

there was a time when the cops would have planted real coc aine to cover their screw ups.

if it was a few ounces, then it wouldn't have been a problem.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds


There is SO much wrong with this story, but what I want to know is how they confused "cheese, shrimp and tortilla and tamale dough" with coc aine, and why it took them FOUR DAYS to notice it wasn't coc aine.

Also, why was he charged with 'driving while intoxicated' when they admit that 'several tests' for alcohol came back negative.

Moral of the story, dont drive a car through the South if you are brown.

www.citizen-times.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


Well, not really. The bigger problem is white people keep buy coc aine so the criminals buy the stuff from the cartel's who ship the coke north (through the south). So the cop's are on the look out for smuggler's. Now with the new law's put in so Homeland Security can basically do anything they want, including stop cars for any reason ("Oh, we thought he was intoxicated"), everyone is a suspect. Not just "brown" people.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
The bigger problem is white people keep buy coc aine so the criminals buy the stuff from the cartel's who ship the coke north (through the south). So the cop's are on the look out for smuggler's.




The CIA, flying under military colors, just fly it into military bases. Documentation tends to confirm the widespread knowledge (in government circles) that the CIA used just about every government agency's equipment as cover for their narcotics trafficking.


MBF

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I know a man that spent over a year in jail for not paying child support. The problem is that he had 2 DNA tests that proved that he was not the father and the judge knew that. The law needs to get their act together and stop putting people in jail unnecessarily.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
I know a man that spent over a year in jail for not paying child support. The problem is that he had 2 DNA tests that proved that he was not the father and the judge knew that. The law needs to get their act together and stop putting people in jail unnecessarily.

Yes, the Mexican man who spent 4 days in jail is a perfect example of what can happen when when officers become too focused - looking for that big bust that will make all the papers. Instead they need to focus their attention on patroling their neighborhoods...and being SEEN!

Now the gentleman who spent a year in jail for not paying child support on a child that was not his--Now that is messed up !



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds


There is SO much wrong with this story, but what I want to know is how they confused "cheese, shrimp and tortilla and tamale dough" with coc aine, and why it took them FOUR DAYS to notice it wasn't coc aine.


Probably because they spent four days sticking the stuff up their nose and realised nothing had happened so far apart from the ishts.



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Whether or not one was done this makes me question those roadside instant drug tests.

Some cops are so eager to perform them on anything. Swabs, dollars, cigarette packs, always turning that blue "go to jail" color.

If it's that easy to haul somebody off should t they have tested the dough? Would the dough have turned blue?

I hole he gets his truck and dog back. Knowing some of the departments Ive had the pleasure of knowing my money is on his truck already being scrapped to the frame and his dog put down.

Once the cops get your property the only way to get it back is to buy it from a crooked cop who stole it from the impound.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds
 


Here's another one for ya...
Lawyer in Geoffrey Fieger's firm wants 'huge dough' for Scotts woman manhandled by Kalamazoo County deputies

An innocent woman pulls over to the side of the road to get out of the way of a police chase, the cops pull her from her car by the hair, slams her into the ground, breaks two of her ribs driving their knees into her back. The Sheriff investigates, says we're sorry, exonerates the cops of any wrong doing. After you read this whole story it makes you want to get a Concealed Weapons Permit in case you ever feel the need to defend yourself against a cop.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster
either the cops are idiots or racist. Either way they do not serve the community. SOmeone should put them in jail for having 400 pounds of ignorance.


Cops are not chemists, they don't arrest people for possession of coc aine...

In Ca, for example, if you're found with a fat bag of "a white powdery substance resembling coc aine/illegal narcotics".. you can go to jail for 836.3/11550H&S.. 836.3 = reasonable cause / 11350 H&S = possession.

If when said "white powdery substance" is tested and found to be tortilla dough, the charges should be dropped by DDA/City Atty .. unless it was deliberately "packaged for sales", but that's a whole other issue

There is whats called a "Wells test" where cops in the field drop a small sample into liquid, it'll turn various colors to indicate what drug, if any.. they could also have had a dog alert.... but they didn't. It was probably an attitude arrest.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by Chesster
either the cops are idiots or racist. Either way they do not serve the community. SOmeone should put them in jail for having 400 pounds of ignorance.


Cops are not chemists, they don't arrest people for possession of coc aine...

In Ca, for example, if you're found with a fat bag of "a white powdery substance resembling coc aine/illegal narcotics".. you can go to jail for 836.3/11550H&S.. 836.3 = reasonable cause / 11350 H&S = possession.

If when said "white powdery substance" is tested and found to be tortilla dough, the charges should be dropped by DDA/City Atty .. unless it was deliberately "packaged for sales", but that's a whole other issue

There is whats called a "Wells test" where cops in the field drop a small sample into liquid, it'll turn various colors to indicate what drug, if any.. they could also have had a dog alert.... but they didn't. It was probably an attitude arrest.


The article states that he was pulled over in Texas and the cops did a field test of the dough and let him go.

if it was an 'attitude arrest' why the drug charge?



posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
They thought that they could make a quick bust and got irate when it came back as food. These cops do not deserve to don the badge or uniform.



posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There seems to be some thing from this story that we may never know for 100% sure. At face value it sounds almost like a "contempt of cop" case that the officers got caught on.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
now they are claiming this highly questionable arrest was because the cheese skewed the drug test.



An enzyme found in cheese triggered false drug test results that led North Carolina deputies to think a man with 91 pounds of tortilla dough was actually carrying that much coc aine, the sheriff said.


www.msnbc.msn.com...


Oh, and after jailing hm for four days and denying him several aspects of his rights, they gave him 400 bucks and an apology.



The sheriff's office is writing Hernandez a $400 check to cover the food he lost when deputies thought it was drugs. But Hernandez said that isn't enough to also cover other expenses like the impound fee for his truck. Read more: www.charlotteobserver.com...
edit on 16-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
related funny picture:





www.mountainx.com...





new topics
top topics
 
34
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join