It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Photo of Mystery Cloud Ring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
ring clouds are a known, natural cloud formation, i believe they are called Lenticular Clouds but im not completely sure about that

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
ring clouds are a known, natural cloud formation, i believe they are called Lenticular Clouds but im not completely sure about that Posted by Kking123

Lenticular clouds are well documented, but usually form solid disc shaped (lens shaped) clouds, not in a ring.

isaac.exploratorium.edu...

This ring cloud is something new, and it does appear to be somewhat connected to HAARP.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
correct me if im wrong but could this not be formed by a jet propelled aircraft flying in a circle..at high altitude?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You can't blame that one on HAARP, I'm afraid.

The picture is of Canada, not Alaska.

science.nasa.gov...

And that is an impact crater There's a nice picture of it here (you can see that the "ring" matches the water pattern around the crater):
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The crater is in Northern Quebec, which (as you can see from the map of Canada, here) cannot be seen from Alaska due to the curvature of the Earth and is over near New York City.
www.odci.gov...

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seems like these clouds were first seen in 1885. They have been named "Noctilucent" clouds. NASA plans to launch a satelitte to research this phenomenon, due for launch late 2006. Strange but beautiful.

source

Glowing, silvery blue clouds that have been spreading around the world and brightening mysteriously in recent years will soon be studied in unprecedented detail by a NASA spacecraft.

Noctilucent" clouds, which glow at night, form in the upper atmosphere, at an altitude of about 80 kilometres, and their glow can be seen just after sunset or just before sunrise.

The clouds were first observed above polar regions in 1885 – suggesting they may have been caused by the eruption of Krakatoa two years before. But they have spread to latitudes as low as 40° in recent years. "They're also getting brighter, and each year there are more of them than in the previous year," Russell told New Scientist.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by valkeryie]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join